Dr. Andrew Cottingham, MD
Anesthesiologist (pain control), Pain Management Specialist

Listens to me show details Listens to me
by Susan on Feb 10th, 2015

Doctor Cottingham will take as long as needed to help me each and every time I visit. He is the only doctor that doesn't blow me off or ignore questions. He listens well and tries his best to explain. I would rather wait for him than see someone who is only interested in breezing in and out of the room so they can see as many patients as possible. I at least know what is going on when I go to him, plus his treatments seem to work. Other places I have been try all kinds of procedures, they don't work and then the doctor pushes you away somewhere else. I suspect anyone bitter with this office most likely has never seen a doctor recently, or has do been doing sometime questionable and got caught.

Oct 16th, 2014

Dr. Cottinghams bedside manner is great and he also listened to me!!

Dec 27th, 2011

He is good, but his staff is not. It is so difficult to get medical record and asking for help when needed.

Excellent Doctor! show details Excellent Doctor!
by Laura T. Pelton on May 9th, 2011

Dr. Cottingham has been the only physician who has been able to make me feel like we are finally going to be able to help my shoulder. He has been understanding of my frustration, spends a great deal of time going over details and is extremely careful.

Concider other doctors for care show details Concider other doctors for care
Mar 5th, 2011

The doctor is a good doctor that has surrounded himself with a less than stellar staff. They have a nurse hacktitioner that doesn't understand or thinks that she is beyond listening to problems encountered from "her" care. The doctor himself admitted that she had sub-dosed me for close to 6 months, which caused me uncalled for suffering. Fact is that he is responsible for reviewing what his NP is doing. I question whether he has a close eye on what is happening in his office, as this was allowed to happen. Sue, is the receptionist and is the most caring person I encountered at this office. I personally question the training of the medical support staff that I came in contact with, who bumbled things more often than not. The reliability of re-fills is not good...of course there are a lot of excuses for their dropping the "ball" on numerous events. Trying to get hold of the doctor himself is not easy at all and it seems to me that too many people who are not skilled enough treating patients are put in place to keep a patient from talking with the doctor himself. I pray that no one else has to endure what I had to.

new patient..changed pain doctor show details new patient..changed pain doctor
Jul 10th, 2010

first..wait time was long b/c of "emergency"..I have been patient on both sides of these times so ok ! Dr C was so kind,compassionate, lots of patience w/me. I was changing doctors for unprofessional reasons so was very nervous. But he understood. Never qustioned me,I have had long standing serious issues w/pain,implants & more. Highly recommend.

Comment on the Post 'WORSE OFFICE STAFF EVER IN LIFE!' show details Comment on the Post 'WORSE OFFICE STAFF EVER IN LIFE!'
by MM on Nov 11th, 2009

I have been in Dr. Cottingham's office on numerous occassions, and have found the office staff and the Dr. to ALWAYS be polite, and treat me with respect.I was in Dr. Cottingham's office the day that the lady that wrote the 'WORSE OFFICE STAFF EVER IN LIFE!' post was. The REAL story of what happened that day is that she came in the office late for her appointment (even by her own admission that day), and didn't bring the paperwork that they sent her via mail to fill out prior to her appointment. The receptionist greeted her and was very nice. She asked her if she had her paperwork, and the lady said no. So, the receptionist gave her a clip board with the needed paperwork for her to fill out. She sat down and began filling it out. The receptionist called her name to come up to the counter and she informed her that she wouldn't be able to see the doctor that day, because with her being late, there was no time. He was due at the hospital, but they could resechedule her, and take her paperwork for her when she completed it, so she wouldn't have to worry about it the next visit. The lady became livid, and started yelling at the receptionist, saying "my doctor's office warned me about this" (which I do not believe her doctor told her anything about Dr. Cottinham's staff because that's unethical). The receptionist remained calm and was still being polite to her, even though she was not showing her the same respect. The receptionist asked if she could excuse her for 1 minute, and went and got the Office Manager to explain to the lady that Dr. Cottingham cannot change the time that he was due at the hospital, and they would be more than happy to work with her on another appointment. She was having none of it. She refused to reschedule, and just kept ranting, and finally left. Bottom line is that Dr. Cottingham's staff is wonderful! They've always been so friendly and courteous to me, and I've witnessed time and time again them treating other patients the same way they treated me. They make you feel like your important, and not 'just ANOTHER patient'.

great Dr! show details great Dr!
Oct 19th, 2009

I have been complaining about my back for many months now and not sure if the pain would go away. Chiropractic visits werent helping so I went to my family dr who referred me to Dr. Cottingham. They got me in pretty quickly which gave me hope about taking the pain away. The office staff was very helpful and friendly. I was nervous about getting my injections as I hate needles. Dr. Cottingham was great at explaining the process and reassuring me. It has been several months now since my injections and I feel great! I am finally able to get back to life I have even gone back to the gym. This was an amazing experience and I would def recommend Dr. Cottingham to anyone!

Excellent staff and great doctor show details Excellent staff and great doctor
by CD on Oct 16th, 2009

I've been under the care of Dr. Cottingham and since then I can honestly say that my quality of life has greatly improved. He is one of the sweetest doctors I've ever had. The staff is always so friendly and kind. I would recommend Dr. Cottingham to anyone.

fan-freaking-tastic show details fan-freaking-tastic
Oct 16th, 2009

Dr. Cottingham is by far the best doctor I have ever seen. He explained everything and took his time. He didn't rush even though it seemed he was extremely busy. The staff was polite, friendly, and made me feel comfortable. Dr. Cottingham was genuine and sweet obviously in right profession he was very informative. I'm so glad to have a pain doctor that can take proper care of me. The whole experience hands down rocked!! TM

Very caring and professional doctor! show details Very caring and professional doctor!
by SM on Oct 16th, 2009

Dr. Cottingham is the best doctor I've seen. I've been plagued with back problems for almost 10 years now, following an auto accident. I've seen neurosurgeons, orthopedic specialists, physical therapist, and many more. None have helped me as much as Dr. Cottingham! His staff is very professional and courteous. They all seem to genuinely care about their patients. Dr. Cottingham has a wonderful bedside manner and is very knowledgeable. He took the time to explain things to me and I never felt rushed during my office visits. He always took the time to listen to my concerns. I had a couple procedures performed by Dr. Cottingham and I'm happy to say they were very successful! I finally can get up in the morning, without the nagging pain that was ruining my life. I would highly recommend Dr. Cottingham!

Dr. Andrew Cottingham & Staff show details Dr. Andrew Cottingham & Staff
Oct 16th, 2009

First I want to start off by saying that the staff is really great! When first walking into the front doors you are always greeted by the front desk lady. Hi, How are you.. ext.. Everyone in the office is really nice and always is there to help and listen. They are very understanding. Dr. Cottingham is a wonderful doctor who really takes his time with his patients. So if you have to wait a little bit its worth it in the end. I highly recommended him as your doctor.