Anesthesiologist (pain control), Neurologist (brain, nervous system), Pain Management Specialist

En'core
Pinnacle Pain Medicine
13601 Preston Rd
Suite 1000W
Dallas, TX 75240
972-233-1999
Locations and availability (3)

|  show details
Dec 27th, 2011

He is good, but his staff is not. It is so difficult to get medical record and asking for help when needed.

|  Excellent Doctor!  |  show details
by Laura T. Pelton on May 9th, 2011

Dr. Cottingham has been the only physician who has been able to make me feel like we are finally going to be able to help my shoulder. He has been understanding of my frustration, spends a great deal of time going over details and is extremely careful.

|  Concider other doctors for care  |  show details
Mar 5th, 2011

The doctor is a good doctor that has surrounded himself with a less than stellar staff. They have a nurse hacktitioner that doesn't understand or thinks that she is beyond listening to problems encountered from "her" care. The doctor himself admitted that she had sub-dosed me for close to 6 months, which caused me uncalled for suffering. Fact is that he is responsible for reviewing what his NP is doing. I question whether he has a close eye on what is happening in his office, as this was allowed to happen. Sue, is the receptionist and is the most caring person I encountered at this office. I personally question the training of the medical support staff that I came in contact with, who bumbled things more often than not. The reliability of re-fills is not good...of course there are a lot of excuses for their dropping the "ball" on numerous events. Trying to get hold of the doctor himself is not easy at all and it seems to me that too many people who are not skilled enough treating patients are put in place to keep a patient from talking with the doctor himself. I pray that no one else has to endure what I had to.

|  new patient..changed pain doctor  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2010

first..wait time was long b/c of "emergency"..I have been patient on both sides of these times so ok ! Dr C was so kind,compassionate, lots of patience w/me. I was changing doctors for unprofessional reasons so was very nervous. But he understood. Never qustioned me,I have had long standing serious issues w/pain,implants & more. Highly recommend.

|  Comment on the Post 'WORSE OFFICE STAFF EVER IN LIFE!'  |  show details
by MM on Nov 11th, 2009

I have been in Dr. Cottingham's office on numerous occassions, and have found the office staff and the Dr. to ALWAYS be polite, and treat me with respect.I was in Dr. Cottingham's office the day that the lady that wrote the 'WORSE OFFICE STAFF EVER IN LIFE!' post was. The REAL story of what happened that day is that she came in the office late for her appointment (even by her own admission that day), and didn't bring the paperwork that they sent her via mail to fill out prior to her appointment. The receptionist greeted her and was very nice. She asked her if she had her paperwork, and the lady said no. So, the receptionist gave her a clip board with the needed paperwork for her to fill out. She sat down and began filling it out. The receptionist called her name to come up to the counter and she informed her that she wouldn't be able to see the doctor that day, because with her being late, there was no time. He was due at the hospital, but they could resechedule her, and take her paperwork for her when she completed it, so she wouldn't have to worry about it the next visit. The lady became livid, and started yelling at the receptionist, saying "my doctor's office warned me about this" (which I do not believe her doctor told her anything about Dr. Cottinham's staff because that's unethical). The receptionist remained calm and was still being polite to her, even though she was not showing her the same respect. The receptionist asked if she could excuse her for 1 minute, and went and got the Office Manager to explain to the lady that Dr. Cottingham cannot change the time that he was due at the hospital, and they would be more than happy to work with her on another appointment. She was having none of it. She refused to reschedule, and just kept ranting, and finally left. Bottom line is that Dr. Cottingham's staff is wonderful! They've always been so friendly and courteous to me, and I've witnessed time and time again them treating other patients the same way they treated me. They make you feel like your important, and not 'just ANOTHER patient'.

|  great Dr!  |  show details
Oct 19th, 2009

I have been complaining about my back for many months now and not sure if the pain would go away. Chiropractic visits werent helping so I went to my family dr who referred me to Dr. Cottingham. They got me in pretty quickly which gave me hope about taking the pain away. The office staff was very helpful and friendly. I was nervous about getting my injections as I hate needles. Dr. Cottingham was great at explaining the process and reassuring me. It has been several months now since my injections and I feel great! I am finally able to get back to life I have even gone back to the gym. This was an amazing experience and I would def recommend Dr. Cottingham to anyone!

|  Excellent staff and great doctor  |  show details
by CD on Oct 16th, 2009

I've been under the care of Dr. Cottingham and since then I can honestly say that my quality of life has greatly improved. He is one of the sweetest doctors I've ever had. The staff is always so friendly and kind. I would recommend Dr. Cottingham to anyone.

|  fan-freaking-tastic  |  show details
Oct 16th, 2009

Dr. Cottingham is by far the best doctor I have ever seen. He explained everything and took his time. He didn't rush even though it seemed he was extremely busy. The staff was polite, friendly, and made me feel comfortable. Dr. Cottingham was genuine and sweet obviously in right profession he was very informative. I'm so glad to have a pain doctor that can take proper care of me. The whole experience hands down rocked!! TM

|  Very caring and professional doctor!  |  show details
by SM on Oct 16th, 2009

Dr. Cottingham is the best doctor I've seen. I've been plagued with back problems for almost 10 years now, following an auto accident. I've seen neurosurgeons, orthopedic specialists, physical therapist, and many more. None have helped me as much as Dr. Cottingham! His staff is very professional and courteous. They all seem to genuinely care about their patients. Dr. Cottingham has a wonderful bedside manner and is very knowledgeable. He took the time to explain things to me and I never felt rushed during my office visits. He always took the time to listen to my concerns. I had a couple procedures performed by Dr. Cottingham and I'm happy to say they were very successful! I finally can get up in the morning, without the nagging pain that was ruining my life. I would highly recommend Dr. Cottingham!

|  Dr. Andrew Cottingham & Staff  |  show details
Oct 16th, 2009

First I want to start off by saying that the staff is really great! When first walking into the front doors you are always greeted by the front desk lady. Hi, How are you.. ext.. Everyone in the office is really nice and always is there to help and listen. They are very understanding. Dr. Cottingham is a wonderful doctor who really takes his time with his patients. So if you have to wait a little bit its worth it in the end. I highly recommended him as your doctor.

|  Worse office staff ever in life!  |  show details
by R E on Sep 18th, 2009

My pain managment dr dernberger sent me to dr cottingham so I could get an injection in my neck. My doctor only does injections of the back. He warned me that he has heard from many of his patients that his office staff is very rude and never returns phone calls and extremly diffuicult to even make your first appointment with him becausE of his front office staff. He was right! When I called to make my first appt they never called back. I called them 3 more times which took 2 weeks. Finally I had an appt. However the day of my apt, I woke up early am with sharp pain bending me over and went to the Methodist Mansfield ER. My appendix's ruptured and I needed emergancy surgery. My partner called early that day to tell them what happeNed and that I was unable to make it to my apt cause I was being admitted for a week. When she told them, they didn't care at all and huffed loudly and said "FINE" and hung up the phone on her. She was hoping to get another apt but left her no time to taLk since they hung up on her. She told me and I said I knew that would happen because my doctor had warned me of that very thing. When I was released I called to set another apt and explained to them once more what happened to me. They were not caring at all and simply said "well you didn't make it in and its your fault. I couldn't believe they were so rude. I blew it off cause I needed to be seen by their doctor asap for the neck injection I needed so badly. They set another apt for me. The day I arrived which was 15 mins before my apt. The front desk Lady said, "where is your packet? We mailed it to you?!!!" Raising her voice at me. I simply explained to her that I never got a packet from them. she was very angry with me and handed me a packet about 10-15 pages thick. She said you need to fill this out as fast as you can or I will cancell your apt. I said "what, I need to be seen, it took 2 months to even get my appt with this doctor, I will fill it out as fast as I can mam, just please stop being un poliet. She said "excuse me, would you like to say that again to me?!! - am not being rude, you already missed your 1st apt and now today you expect to fill out thIs packet quiCk enough before the next patient!!!!!" I couldn't believe she stood up in my face and spoke to me as if we were in a fight. I was in shock. I sat down and quickly had the packet done. I was signing my name on the last page and timmed my self. It took me 6 mins to complete, while I was about to get up and hand this over to her, she stood up again and shouted, I'm cancelling your apt!! I said what! Why! How can you do this to me. I was warned your staff would treat their patients like you are now, and I want to speak to you human resources now. There was 3 other staff members at the desk all being rude to me and making small remarks to each other. She shouted out at their human resources manager to come to the front because I was late on my packet and asked why I was she needed tocancel my apt. When the lady came up front, I handed over the pen and told her never mind I don't want to ever be seen by this doctor again. The staff is rude and yells at me and others have complained of this very thing and I wouldn't need them to contact me again, because I'm leaving. She said okay then. And I left. Immeditaley I called my doctors office dr dernberger and explained to the lady owner named Lisa what happened. She was very upset and kept saying how sorry she was and would tell dr dernberger right now and they would find me another place to go ASAP. She was floored with how the staff got in my face and shouted and cancelled my apt before it was even time and under 6 mins. Later I spoke with my doctor and he to said sorry. He said he has heard of this way to much and that he would NOT be sending anymore of his patients to dr cottingham again, ever! I said thank you. He sent me to a dr christopher Pratt. However, he was in Ft Worth. But well worth the trip. I got in fast, and the doctor was great. However, once I was in the room waiting was awful. It took an hour and half! I told the doctor and he said he was sorry and he is trying. But all and all it was great. I read the reviews on other web pages about Dr. Pratt and everyone says the wait is only 20 mins or less. So it just must have been a bad day when I went. And which I understand. Stuff happens that is out of his control at times. But dr. Cottingham is awful. I suggest if you go to this doctor, if you make it past the body guards for staff that You tell the dr how awful and rude his staff is. The lady that was the worst is an older late 50's with long browish blonde hair and heavy set. I am still so angry and my doctor also said when he see's dr cottingham at the hospital he was going to sit him Down and have a talk with him. Maybe he is to irragant or something. Cause how could you not know your staff is awful. Wouldn't other patients tell him? So he can't be blind to this. No way will I buy that excuse. He is a nuero, phytrist (spelling sorry) pain mang, and more. So maybe he is just to cocky. Who knows. But I do not recommend anyone go see this doctor. By the way his office is not in duncinviLle like this web page says. He is locted in arlington now. He moved. Good luck to you if you do see him. I've shared my thoughts. So sorry about the apelling. I had back surgery and I'm in pain tonight and typing on a blackberry and the keys are small and I'm not feeling well. Hope you understand my review though. ThankS.