Dr. Andrew Cottingham MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 14th, 2016
Patient
I can not imagine anyone saying anything negative about Dr. Cottingham or staff that have always shown compassion, caring and most of all patient. Dr. Cottingham is the best pain management Doctor in my book always welling to listen, explain and never trying to make decisions for the patient. I have experienced back surgery with several medical issues after surgery with a surgeon that showed no compassion and Dr. Cottingham is now trying to help me get back to my life of no pain. FYI Dr. Cottingham did not refer me to my surgeon. I believe God placed Dr. Cottingham in my path.

February 10th, 2015
Listens to me
Doctor Cottingham will take as long as needed to help me each and every time I visit. He is the only doctor that doesn't blow me off or ignore questions. He listens well and tries his best to explain. I would rather wait for him than see someone who is only interested in breezing in and out of the room so they can see as many patients as possible. I at least know what is going on when I go to him, plus his treatments seem to work. Other places I have been try all kinds of procedures, they don't work and then the doctor pushes you away somewhere else. I suspect anyone bitter with this office most likely has never seen a doctor recently, or has do been doing sometime questionable and got caught.

February 4th, 2015
If you would like to wait over an hour, deal with a sarcastic and non caring doctor, and constantly having to call them to correct your bill then bingo, this is your doctor. Otherwise stay clear.

October 16th, 2014
Dr. Cottinghams bedside manner is great and he also listened to me!!

December 27th, 2011
He is good, but his staff is not. It is so difficult to get medical record and asking for help when needed.

May 9th, 2011
Excellent Doctor!
Dr. Cottingham has been the only physician who has been able to make me feel like we are finally going to be able to help my shoulder. He has been understanding of my frustration, spends a great deal of time going over details and is extremely careful.

March 5th, 2011
Concider other doctors for care
The doctor is a good doctor that has surrounded himself with a less than stellar staff. They have a nurse hacktitioner that doesn't understand or thinks that she is beyond listening to problems encountered from "her" care. The doctor himself admitted that she had sub-dosed me for close to 6 months, which caused me uncalled for suffering. Fact is that he is responsible for reviewing what his NP is doing. I question whether he has a close eye on what is happening in his office, as this was allowed to happen. Sue, is the receptionist and is the most caring person I encountered at this office. I personally question the training of the medical support staff that I came in contact with, who bumbled things more often than not. The reliability of re-fills is not good...of course there are a lot of excuses for their dropping the "ball" on numerous events. Trying to get hold of the doctor himself is not easy at all and it seems to me that too many people who are not skilled enough treating patients are put in place to keep a patient from talking with the doctor himself. I pray that no one else has to endure what I had to.

July 10th, 2010
new patient..changed pain doctor
first..wait time was long b/c of "emergency"..I have been patient on both sides of these times so ok ! Dr C was so kind,compassionate, lots of patience w/me. I was changing doctors for unprofessional reasons so was very nervous. But he understood. Never qustioned me,I have had long standing serious issues w/pain,implants & more. Highly recommend.

November 11th, 2009
Comment on the Post 'WORSE OFFICE STAFF EVER IN LIFE!'
I have been in Dr. Cottingham's office on numerous occassions, and have found the office staff and the Dr. to ALWAYS be polite, and treat me with respect.I was in Dr. Cottingham's office the day that the lady that wrote the 'WORSE OFFICE STAFF EVER IN LIFE!' post was. The REAL story of what happened that day is that she came in the office late for her appointment (even by her own admission that day), and didn't bring the paperwork that they sent her via mail to fill out prior to her appointment. The receptionist greeted her and was very nice. She asked her if she had her paperwork, and the lady said no. So, the receptionist gave her a clip board with the needed paperwork for her to fill out. She sat down and began filling it out. The receptionist called her name to come up to the counter and she informed her that she wouldn't be able to see the doctor that day, because with her being late, there was no time. He was due at the hospital, but they could resechedule her, and take her paperwork for her when she completed it, so she wouldn't have to worry about it the next visit. The lady became livid, and started yelling at the receptionist, saying "my doctor's office warned me about this" (which I do not believe her doctor told her anything about Dr. Cottinham's staff because that's unethical). The receptionist remained calm and was still being polite to her, even though she was not showing her the same respect. The receptionist asked if she could excuse her for 1 minute, and went and got the Office Manager to explain to the lady that Dr. Cottingham cannot change the time that he was due at the hospital, and they would be more than happy to work with her on another appointment. She was having none of it. She refused to reschedule, and just kept ranting, and finally left. Bottom line is that Dr. Cottingham's staff is wonderful! They've always been so friendly and courteous to me, and I've witnessed time and time again them treating other patients the same way they treated me. They make you feel like your important, and not 'just ANOTHER patient'.

October 19th, 2009
great Dr!
I have been complaining about my back for many months now and not sure if the pain would go away. Chiropractic visits werent helping so I went to my family dr who referred me to Dr. Cottingham. They got me in pretty quickly which gave me hope about taking the pain away. The office staff was very helpful and friendly. I was nervous about getting my injections as I hate needles. Dr. Cottingham was great at explaining the process and reassuring me. It has been several months now since my injections and I feel great! I am finally able to get back to life I have even gone back to the gym. This was an amazing experience and I would def recommend Dr. Cottingham to anyone!

October 16th, 2009
Excellent staff and great doctor
I've been under the care of Dr. Cottingham and since then I can honestly say that my quality of life has greatly improved. He is one of the sweetest doctors I've ever had. The staff is always so friendly and kind. I would recommend Dr. Cottingham to anyone.

October 16th, 2009
fan-freaking-tastic
Dr. Cottingham is by far the best doctor I have ever seen. He explained everything and took his time. He didn't rush even though it seemed he was extremely busy. The staff was polite, friendly, and made me feel comfortable. Dr. Cottingham was genuine and sweet obviously in right profession he was very informative. I'm so glad to have a pain doctor that can take proper care of me. The whole experience hands down rocked!! TM