Dr. Andrew Cu-Unjieng MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology San Diego, CA

July 29th, 2015
I was able to get an appointment the same day for an issue with flashes and floaters. Dr. Cu listened to me carefully and answered all of my questions. He was very thorough in his examination, talked to me about my health history and fully explained to me what was going on. His compassionate manner helped to ease my fears. He also referred me to a retina specialist, who saw me that day. Dr. Cu’s office staff are very professional and caring.

July 28th, 2015
Wonderful Surgeon
Dr. Cu performed cataract surgery on my right eye two months ago and just this morning I had surgery on my left. For the first time in my life I can see perfectly without any kind of corrective lenses. Absolutely zero pain or discomfort. He is exceedingly painstaking and conscientious, wanting to make sure of the best result possible. I highly recommend him for any eye issues you may have.

March 14th, 2015
Very rude no time for patients . Testing procedures are questionable to previous findings by other opthamologists. Very rushed and no time for patients. Time was so limited that I felt he was not interested, and did not have my eye medical history or findings of concern.
Doctor's Response

I feel that I really spent a lot of time listening to the patient and answering questions completely and respectfully. Arriving at a correct assessment is a careful process that begins with the first visit. It may require old records, further tests, and follow-up visits to get there. I invite this patient to call me directly to address these issues in a direct, courteous, and open manner. I want all my patients to feel that they have been listened to and valued. I feel bad that this patient left without feeling that way, but I believe that addressing these concerns with the doctor in respectful but direct and honest dialogue is the best way for patients to get what they are looking for.