Dr. Andrew Doris MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 29th, 2016
Horrible Doctor!!!!!
This man is rude and has absolutely no bedside manner. He makes rude comments that serve no purpose except to make his patients feel like garbage.

August 9th, 2016
The best!
After 10+ years with another OBGYN, I consulted Dr. Doris for a second opinion. He met with me in his office, he put me at ease, he explained options in laymen's terms and I left feeling very confident that he can help me. He is down to earth and really listened to me and validated my concerns. During a biopsy procedure, he explained everything that he was doing. Dr. Doris just got a new patient. I am beyond impressed with him and with the staff at Maternal Gynerations.

August 8th, 2015
He doesn't remember who I am visit to visit for ob. He forgets my medical history and asks me the same irrelevant questions each visit. I have no doubt he knows his stuff, but he is too busy to be personable or remember his patients.

December 23rd, 2014
Awesome doctor!
I really can't say anything negative about Dr. Doris. He's definitely the best OB/GYN I've had. He delivered my baby girl 2 years ago. He is always professional in the office. He tries not to rush through the appts but at the same time he wants to respect your privacy and knows the patient can be a little uncomfortable so he tries to keep the chit chat to a minimum. That's why I prefer a male doctor to the female ones in their staff. He will always answer your questions and concerns as thoroughly as he can. Yes, it's true things can be a bit redundant but he's a very popular doctor and sees a lot of patients so I'm sure he has to say a lot of the same things over and over. He will even back you up if one of the staff tells you something different than what he said. He cares about his patients as if they were his own family. Best OB/GYN in Gwinnett County!

March 17th, 2014
I love this doctor. I had seen so many I could not count and when I found Dr. Doris, I went for a consult and he took all the time I needed to explain my problem. He got right on the tests and found what all of the other couldn't. It has been yrs since I have seen him and I know that he is one of the best in Gwinnett county. God blessed me finding him. THANK YOU DR DORIS FOR BEING MY MOST FAVORITE DR OF ALL TIME.

August 15th, 2013
Educated and understanding
Yes, there are times when he can't recall past conversations but with the amount of patients he sees, no one should expect him too. He's a great listener and truly knows what he's talking about. He doesn't shrug off your concerns and explains everything, and always answers every question you have above and beyond any other doctor I've ever seen. As long as you're educated and you care about your treatment, he will too. One tip when scheduling an appt with anyone at Maternal Gynerations: opt for the early morning appts in the middle of the week, there's hardly any wait time. If you schedule an appt for 4:00pm on a Friday expect a long wait. Lots of unexpected things come up during the day (especially with pregnancies) and that will cause delays The later your appt is, the longer the wait. Also, some of the advice nurses are somewhat rude and uninformed but others are prompt and know more than any google/webmd search.

April 13th, 2012
He was my doctor. I almost died and lost my child. Long story short he had my ready for a c section, in the operating room changed his mind, left the needle in my back over night. Next morning broke my water to force me into labor. I almost was unable to breath, he had no idea what he had done. Still laying with the needle in my back from 6 am the morning before, unable to breath near death my family asked him to do surgery 9:30 that night to save my child who had infection setting in because she was without fluid so long, fever had set in, still with breathing assistance. When they went to take me to surgery the realized they had to remove the needle from the day before and put in a new one. My child had serious head injuries due to him not doing the surgery in the first place when it was planned. She had to have brain surgery. Follow ups visits, my name was wrong in my file, my date of birth was not correct. I was never given anything due to his poor choices!!!

June 28th, 2010
too serious, strict and always on the run
Maternal generation is a group network affiliated with Gwinnett Medical Center. The Doctors seem so serious, strict and unfriendly. Dr. Andrew T. Doris has an ego problem, he so arrogant, callous, and snobbish. He doesnt respect ones fear, opinions and concerns. He forgets so easily about his patients, he would always asked me to remind him about what we'd spoke about on the last visit, it was like he didnt know me at all; I have a daughter, he would refer to my daughter as boy or him and any time we would come to a disagreement on trivial matters he'd threatens not to provide me with care and just walk out or says he has some where to be in two minutes. The stuffs and about two doctors (Dr Wiits and Dr Kim, both males) are considered to have some human relationship.

October 7th, 2009
Love Love Love Dr. Doris!
He's fantastic at diagnosis! He stays very current on new medical findings. A great blend of precautious, but not overdoing it on testing/follow up.My son (1st child)was delivered at 33weeks because I got PIH. If ever there was a time I appreciated Dr. Doris...it was then. He did a beautiful job on my c-section. No scarring at all.