Dr. Andrew Fine Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Andrew Fine?

This patient, kind, brilliant man gave me my life back

Posted on May 31st, 2017

After more than year of physical therapy, I took the advice of 2 colleagues whose lives Dr Fine had changed and made an appt to have him help me with my cervical, shoulder, and neck pain. It turns out that I had one bad disk, one so-so disk, and bone spurs ( i.e. arthritis-type bulges) that were pinching nerves. Dr Fine is an incredibly kind man. My husband was extremely nervous about me having spine surgery, as I am only 47 and my whole life revolves around extensive computer work and outdoor exercise when I am offline. I am a workaholic who lifts weights, dives, kayaks, cycles, runs, etc when I am not working. Weighing the risks and benefits of surgery was very important to us, but my pain level was already interfering with my lifestyle and making me so unhappy. I love t dance, and had already given up dancing, weight lifting, and beach diving, because of the long walks with a tank on. I will say 100% without question that I would not have had this surgery with any other doctor. The people I know who he helped literally raved about him. Additionally, my neighbor, a doctor, said I was very lucky to have found my way to him. My vet said she was worried about me having cervical surgery, until I said who was doing it. It just so happens that Dr Fine gave her assistant's life back to her. My vet said he is as state of the art as one can be. He is also extremely ethical. He will not perform surgery on you unless it is 100% necessary and 100% in your best interests. This proved true for me, when during surgery, he decided that one of the two disks I was going to have removed could be saved. I only needed to have one taken out. He was apparently right, because I feel like a million germinating flowers, and I am not taking pain meds. I just don't need them, and I have been exercising at home with a stepper and stationary bike, with my collar on, but it's ok. I can't lift weights, but that will come. When you meet Dr Fine, you will immediately note that he is brilliant, kind, soft-spoken, and wonderful. My husband was very comfortable with Dr Fine, and he is currently my 2nd favorite person in this world, after my hubby. My advice to you if neck pain is changing your lifestyle and not going away ( I just happened to be lucky that my boss had been helped by him): 1. Make an appt to see him asap. See him before you talk to anyone else or try to delay surgery with other types of help. Dr Fine sent me to a top-notch physical therapist ( David Stevenson, also excellent) for 6 weeks, to make 100% sure that my issues needed surgery. Let Dr Fine make that call for you, and trust him. I had already been through lots of physical therapy, and many chiropractor visits, before I went to Dr Fine. See him first. Let him send you to a PT who specializes in your issue. Dr Stevenson could not make my problem go away with PT, but he gave me many tips on how to make my life bearable while I was waiting for surgery. He even told my husband how to rebuild my road bike, so I could still exercise and sit completely straight up. I call it my clog dancer bike. 2: Dr Fine will recommend a collar. Use it. It's not that uncomfortable. Don't take the darned thing off. Not all surgeons recommend it, probably because is is expensive. I don't know if my insurance include it, but I imagine so. If Dr Fine wants you to wear one, trust him, and wear it. My surgery was 29 days ago, and I have not had one single spasm. From what I have heard and they, that can be bad. I also realized that I do not need pain meds. This is because I had the best Dr around, and because I follow his instructions to the letter. If you have neck problems, I hope you will find your way to him. I heard so many horror stories about people being worse after surgeries, having corrective surgeries to fix the first ones, etc. My boss and friend who is in her late 70s had 3 bad disks he fixed ten years ago, and she is still pain free.I have a friend who had two surgeries from a famous Dr in PA, one to correct the first, and I keep begging her to go see Dr Fine. Dr Fine is a mensch, and my hubby is the only other person I have met in my adult life who fits a true idealist's understanding of that word. This is someone whose field and work, and helping people genuinely matter to him. It shows. I apologize for the length of this review, but at least you know it's legit.

Posted on March 3rd, 2017

My surgery was a huge success! I can't say enough about Dr. Fine and his entire team. You can trust this guy!

Disappointed...

Posted on September 22nd, 2016

Two appointments to meet Dr. Fine. Met with PA on first visit. Made arrangements for MRI. Second visit was also with PA only, never met Dr Fine...have doubt he ever reviewed my reports. Asked if the CT scan was reviewed. I pointed out that bilateral pars defect was noted in CT radiology report. This appeared to surprise PA. Referred to internal pain management Dr who didn't accept our insurance plan. Referred to second (outside) pain management Dr whom did take insurance plan then subsequently cancelled 3 appointments over the next 1.5 weeks then went on vacation. Didn't rate diagnosis, because I didn't feel I got one and bedside manner was not rated because I never met Dr. Fine. Insurance bill for PA time was in excess of $500/hour for office visit. Currently looking for second, hopefully competent opinion.

Top Notch Neurologist

Posted on June 9th, 2016

Just had a spinal fusion yesterday with Dr Fine. L4, L5,S1. Very impressed with my mobility 1 day after surgery. Very professional and very good at what he does! Top notch! My expectations were moderate but so far this surgery has exceeded my expectations. The pain in my legs has went away and the only pain i have now is normal at the sight of the incision.

The Best Experience

Posted on April 12th, 2016

Fastest wait time ever. Informative and great bedside manner.

Posted on May 19th, 2015

I've been to him several times, no surgery needed.

Posted on April 3rd, 2015

Dr. Fine is amazingl and my hero. I am so grateful to him for changing a painful life I no longer wanted to live. I am 58. After a car accident in 2003 I had suffered numerous injuries but the most serious being my spine and neck. After years of pain, and numerou Drs. Who I got some relief from chiropractic and accupunture but it became so severe I could no longer walk and my neck was giving me fibromyalgia like symptoms. My care givers all agreed it was time for surgery. Dr. Fine was recommended. I thank God for that. Staff was very kind. When Dr. fFine entered the room he sat down with me at eye level and ask me what happened. I told him I had bee n in a car accident 12 years ago and he said "and your life has never been the same since" finally someone got it and cared! I was in surgery a week latter and walking the next day further than I had in years,without sever pain, next was the neck! Wow no more numbness and tingling, anxiety and fear of how the rest of my life would be! I now have renewed hope and look forward to walks with my Grandaughter and playing golf again! Thank u is not enough!

Posted on February 17th, 2015

Dr Fine is Top Notch ! Excellent Surgeon with the Greatest Compassion for his patients.

Posted on December 17th, 2014

Fabulous Doctor. I love him!

Dr Fine is The Best !!

Posted on November 21st, 2014

Dr Fine is The Best NeuroSurgeon I have ever experienced !!! He is Such an Excellent Surgeon and the Most Compassionate Doctor I have ever known and I've had 7 Major Surgerys. He is So Humble and Kind to Everyone. I highly recommend Dr Fine for Anyone who needs a Neurosurgeon. Thank You Dr Fine for Your Excellent Surgical work and Compassion!!! Brett, his Assistant is Wonderful and Compassionate as well.

New patient

Posted on October 30th, 2014

Dr Fine was highly recommended by 2 acquaintances because of his very fine surgical skills. The acquaintances didn't mention his staff being much less proficient. For one, the staff only returned my calls after being badgered repeatedly. Two, I requested, early in my contact, very important information about my insurance coverage with Dr Fine's office. My deductible is $3500 and I had not paid any of it for the 2014 calendar year. When I finally got them to respond to my request I was informed that they were outside of my network and my deductible would be double, which made it $7000. That was 4 days before my appointment with them! I am experiencing very severe back pain and there are only 2 more months left in the year, and my insurance company is cancelling my coverage as of Dec 31, 2014. My advice would be to go there in person and not leave until you get your questions answered. I am now having to wait again, in pain, for another appointment. My experience was horrible and they need to get a new staff in charge of scheduling and insurance.

impossible to make appt

Posted on February 7th, 2014

My physician referred me to Dr. Fine for surgery. I could not get anyone from his office to call me to schedule an appointment and yet their web site says we treat patients the way we would wanted to be treated. Thanks due to your lack of caring I was forced to travel to Orlando to have my surgery.