Dr. Andrew Gellens MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 26th, 2016
Not VBAC friendly
My only negative comment is that Dr Gellens refuses to do VBACs. He was a good Dr other than that. If I was ok with just scheduling an elective cesarean I would stay with him based on this first visit. But he did tell me there is no reason why I couldn't deliver vaginally just that he wouldn't do it.

October 14th, 2015
Dr Gellen's is an awesome, very informative, very caring doctor who took him time with me to review all my records and explain everything to me. I was already 4 months pregnant and got laid off so I had to switch to medi-cal and could not see my current ob-gyn. Although he could not continue my care because I am a high risk pregnancy and a diabetic he made sure to refer me out to a perinatologist and call me within a few hours to confirm with me that he got a hold of them and they are more than willing to assist me. I have never had a doctor call me personally unless it was for a diagnosis so that was an A+ on my end. He also has a great sense of humor. If I was not high risk I would of loved to be under his care. His staff is nice but not too organized and does not have the best conversation skills.

March 26th, 2015
Safe yourself time, DON'T USE DR GELLENS
I am 29 weeks pregnant tomorrow and I went to my third appointment with Dr Andrew Gellens yesterday afternoon. It was honestly the worst experience of my life!!! He was supposed to be my OB GYN for the last 3 months yet I had NO ultra sound scheduled with him during this whole time! (I ended up using an independent company to get my own ultrasound and paid for them out of pocket cause I really wanted to see my boy and know the sex!) I went to get blood work and urine done and Dr Gellens had missed checking off certain tests which were required to be completed so he had to send me BACK to blood work for MORE blood and MORE urine because of HIS mistake! In our appointments he straight out told me that these "mistakes" (which he has made) were my fault. He made me cry BOTH of my last visits... and I haven't even been emotional this pregnancy! He's just really harsh... I NEVER got eye contact and he NEVER smiled once even when I would try to break the ice and crack a joke or two. I scheduled this last appointment with Dr. Gellens to discuss my ongoing anxiety and panic attacks I've been experiencing and he literally said, "maybe if you took your pregnancy more seriously and were more proactive, you wouldn't have so much anxiety"!!! It has been a rough pregnancy for me this round, but after switching from Dr Gellens to my current OB GYN, I realize that the only reason it has been rough is because I chose the wrong doctor from the start. Safe yourself time, unneeded stress and chose yourself a doctor who actually enjoys his job and making his patients feel comfortable.

April 25th, 2013
;/
Not the best doctor he doesn't take the time to see about your well being I have super bad hemorriods and he couldn't even perscribe me some cream and he basically in and out and you could wait up to an hour too see him

October 12th, 2011
I love this Dr. he was awseome after i began my pregnacy with a midwife and a lot of mad diagnosis I found myself in Dr. Gellens office all the staff was very caring and very helpful throughout my whole pregnacy. So when I got pregnant the second time I didnt hesitate to go back to him. I was so happy with him that when my sister was told she could never have kids I told her to go get a second opinion with him. She did and got pregnant maybe 5 months after starting a treatment with him.

February 4th, 2011