Dr. Andrew Gergely Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Andrew Gergely?

September 25th, 2017

Office Visit

I recently visited the office as a first time patient. the staff at the front desk was very efficient and helpful. Dr. Gergely listened to my concerns and I was pleased with his diagnosis. I would recommend this practice to my friends.

July 11th, 2017

Doesn't listen. Misprescribed me.

I came in and told him that I had ADHD, asked for ADHD medication. He ignored this and gave me anti-depressants with no known positive effect on people with ADHD. After trying them out for months mostly out of being desperate to function properly, I had to quit them due to the crippling side effects and suicidal depression it brought on. I failed my college courses. The issue with this is that when I asked him for a doctors note to get that semester scrubbed from my transcript he attempted to charge me for it. I never contacted him or came back to him again after that. Has actually made me hesitant to ever try any kind of medication ever again, out of fear of this happening again.

May 12th, 2017

This Practice Seems Terribly Disorganized

I don't know if I can add much about Dr. Gergely's acumen as a physician, but his practice seems horribly disorganized and poorly run. My experience matches many of the reviews previously posted at many review sites. I have never had them answer the phone, even when I called to tell them the medicine prescribed was making me suicidal. Had to leave a message, and they never called back. I had to try and reschedule my follow-up appointment. Number was either busy or I had to leave a message. I also responded RESCHED to their robo-text reminder. Never heard anything. Date has passed three days now and I still have not heard anything from Dr. Gergely's practice. Don't you think if you prescribe mood and mind altering drugs to a patient, you might want to respond to their requests and input especially when they call to inform you the drug has made you worse, and you are now suicidal? Something seems terribly wrong with the way this practice is managed. Stay away.

January 27th, 2016

AWESOME DR. And great staff

I have been suffering from severe depression and unable to find a doctor to help me. While my initial appointment was 90 days away from my initial call, with daily phone calls inquiring about " cancellations" I was successful in seeing Dr Gergely about 60 days earlier. My experience with him, while of course painful for me, was excellent !!!! He is very understanding and compassionate . Before my appointment, I had read negative reviews about Dr. Gergely. Let me tell you, those reviews are completely in accurate ! I had to drive 75 miles to see him, but I would make that drive every week without hesitation to seek this Drs help. He is AWESOME!!!! Don't believe those negative reviews PLEASE! This guy is one of the best.

September 24th, 2015

Dr. Gergely appears to be professional, unfortunately one of his office receptionist staff (woman with long blond hair) is very rude. I ask a question in reference to billing and also asked her to mail me a record of what has been billed; she did not directly answer my question. I then rephrased the question to simplify things for her and that's when she became rude. She reminded me on how she s having to repeat herself, where she should have just listened to me in the first place. She raised her voice, so I raised mine. I felt as if billing was a secret, it should not be! I would not recommend this office to anyone. If you are stressed and seeking medical help, the staff here will only make things worst, stay away.

June 9th, 2015

Not so sure about the negative reviews....

First, Dr. Gergely dispenses the meds. I already knew what worked for me, so that was a quick appointment. Some billing and scheduling problems to start, but eventually worked out. I wasn't so sure about my therapist in the beginning, but now that she has gotten to know me, have been very happy with her. She has always been attentive, caring, offers suggestions. Even though she is half my age, she has the ability to suggest things that my friends, family and even myself have not thought about. She has even worked me in between appointments. It is not easy to find the therapist that is a right fit. Maybe why so many were not happy here? It's not a one stop fix it place. Therapy and medication take time, effort and work, and mostly on the part of the patient. I definitely would recommend this practice, but again, what works for one individual may not work for another.

March 4th, 2015

Called to schedule an appointment as a new patient. They require you to pay a deposit before you can even schedule an appointment.

February 5th, 2015

The BEST Dr & Staff in the Annapolis Area

Love, love, love this practice. Especially Patty. She is spot on in diagnosing what is wrong and is extremely caring. She wants to see her patients smiling and happy! I'm always smiling and in the best mood after our visit. The office staff are always great as well. I highly recommend this office and staff. That office is just flowing with fun and positive energies!

May 16th, 2014

Help!

I saw Dr. Kane. She is absolutely unprofessional. She plays on her personal phone during the 2 minutes when she asks my how I am. I have had a difficult time trying to find the right combination of medications and she has no interest in exploring different options with me. "Here's your Prozac and I'll see you in a month." She doesn't even make eye contact during these "appointments".

April 25th, 2014

was wrong about him as a Dr

Dr Gergely is unprofessional, does not return important calls , Doesn't have a emergency # I liked him @ first but don't like him as a Dr i don't recommend him

January 22nd, 2014

Never Got In!

Had an appointment scheduled for two weeks,called the morning of because of a snow storm and was told everything was on schedule.When I got to the office 15 minutes early,I was told that my appointment was canceled by by someone who was not in the office at that time. This was supposed to be my first appointment. wow

December 17th, 2013

a life saver

I have found Dr. Gergely both caring & professional to my family both in times of terrible tragedy and during routine need. Dr. Gergely is a busy ma but he is there when you need him, as is his staff.