Dr. Andrew Gergely MD Patient Reviews

2.3

January 27th, 2016
AWESOME DR. And great staff
I have been suffering from severe depression and unable to find a doctor to help me. While my initial appointment was 90 days away from my initial call, with daily phone calls inquiring about " cancellations" I was successful in seeing Dr Gergely about 60 days earlier. My experience with him, while of course painful for me, was excellent !!!! He is very understanding and compassionate . Before my appointment, I had read negative reviews about Dr. Gergely. Let me tell you, those reviews are completely in accurate ! I had to drive 75 miles to see him, but I would make that drive every week without hesitation to seek this Drs help. He is AWESOME!!!! Don't believe those negative reviews PLEASE! This guy is one of the best.

September 24th, 2015
Dr. Gergely appears to be professional, unfortunately one of his office receptionist staff (woman with long blond hair) is very rude. I ask a question in reference to billing and also asked her to mail me a record of what has been billed; she did not directly answer my question. I then rephrased the question to simplify things for her and that's when she became rude. She reminded me on how she s having to repeat herself, where she should have just listened to me in the first place. She raised her voice, so I raised mine. I felt as if billing was a secret, it should not be! I would not recommend this office to anyone. If you are stressed and seeking medical help, the staff here will only make things worst, stay away.

June 9th, 2015
Not so sure about the negative reviews....
First, Dr. Gergely dispenses the meds. I already knew what worked for me, so that was a quick appointment. Some billing and scheduling problems to start, but eventually worked out. I wasn't so sure about my therapist in the beginning, but now that she has gotten to know me, have been very happy with her. She has always been attentive, caring, offers suggestions. Even though she is half my age, she has the ability to suggest things that my friends, family and even myself have not thought about. She has even worked me in between appointments. It is not easy to find the therapist that is a right fit. Maybe why so many were not happy here? It's not a one stop fix it place. Therapy and medication take time, effort and work, and mostly on the part of the patient. I definitely would recommend this practice, but again, what works for one individual may not work for another.

March 4th, 2015
Called to schedule an appointment as a new patient. They require you to pay a deposit before you can even schedule an appointment.

February 5th, 2015
The BEST Dr & Staff in the Annapolis Area
Love, love, love this practice. Especially Patty. She is spot on in diagnosing what is wrong and is extremely caring. She wants to see her patients smiling and happy! I'm always smiling and in the best mood after our visit. The office staff are always great as well. I highly recommend this office and staff. That office is just flowing with fun and positive energies!

May 15th, 2014
Help!
I saw Dr. Kane. She is absolutely unprofessional. She plays on her personal phone during the 2 minutes when she asks my how I am. I have had a difficult time trying to find the right combination of medications and she has no interest in exploring different options with me. "Here's your Prozac and I'll see you in a month." She doesn't even make eye contact during these "appointments".

April 25th, 2014
was wrong about him as a Dr
Dr Gergely is unprofessional, does not return important calls , Doesn't have a emergency # I liked him @ first but don't like him as a Dr i don't recommend him

January 22nd, 2014
Never Got In!
Had an appointment scheduled for two weeks,called the morning of because of a snow storm and was told everything was on schedule.When I got to the office 15 minutes early,I was told that my appointment was canceled by by someone who was not in the office at that time. This was supposed to be my first appointment. wow

December 17th, 2013
a life saver
I have found Dr. Gergely both caring & professional to my family both in times of terrible tragedy and during routine need. Dr. Gergely is a busy ma but he is there when you need him, as is his staff.

August 8th, 2013
Terrible Customer Service and Patient Care
I haven't seen Dr. Gergerly himself but see Dr. Patricia Kane. She spends no time during the visits, just writes notes the whole time and asks the same questions (how are you? how's the medication working? have you been sleeping okay) and then write's a new perscription and that is it. I am in her office for a max of 10 mins and she is writing the whole time. When there was a mix up with an appointment time, they were completely unreasonable despite the honest mistake and charged me a $50 fee. They also charged me a ridiculous fee ($30+) to get a faxed copy of my medical records. This office practice is all about getting as much money out of you as they can and care nothing about providing good customer service and patient care.

April 12th, 2013
Does his job well
Dr. Gergley has been my psychiatrist for over a year now. He is not a therapist. Therefore his occupation is not to council as much as it is to accurately assess the psychological issue and prescribe medication appropriately. Psychologists and therapists do more of the therapy. I know there are several therapists in the office. He offered therapist services to me but I felt the medication would suffice. So far it has. He is a very careful and thoughful psychiatrist who is always careful about what to say and ask. I believe he cares about his patients wellbeing and is up to date with medication change issues. I was prescribed a medication that was later found to cause medical issues when taken at higher doses. I was not taking the amount that caused issues but was close to that amount. He was careful to provide me with the new found information, provided a cautionary warning and assessed my levels of medication for safety and effectiveness to battle the depression. I am very happy to have Dr. Gergley as my Psychiatrist.

March 28th, 2013
Good Experience
Despite the crowded waiting area sometimes; the office staff has always been friendly and professional. The doctor is professional and a good listener. My therapist is patient and has a lot of useful tools to help with my "issues".