Surgical Specialist, Sports Medicine Specialist

2 Dudley St
Ste 200
Providence, RI 02905
401-457-1533
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Rotator cuff surgery  |  show details
by Michael M on Dec 19th, 2013

As a patient (both pre and post surgery), Dr. Green took the time to explain to me the procedures, what needed to be performed, and what to expect. Dr. Green is very professional and has a sincere interest in the health of his patients.

|  Awesome!  |  show details
by Mike G. on Sep 10th, 2013

I suffered a very traumatic cycling injury early this Summer. I dislocated my shoulder and fractured my humerus and glenoid fossa in several areas. I cannot say enough positive things about Dr Green and his staff. Their physical therapy department (Diane and Fran) were tremendously helpful and pleasant. Dr Green's expertise is second to none! A true hero to me.

|  Rotator cuff & biceps surgery  |  show details
by Michelle Mercier on Aug 27th, 2013

Seven months ago, I had a bicycle accident: my right shoulder was dislocated, the rotator cuff and biceps were torn. I selected Doctor Andrew Green, Chief of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, University Orthopedics in Providence RI to perform the surgery, because he is in the one percent best country wide. He well deserves his reputation: although extremely busy, he takes time to be with you and inspires confidence. He is very honest explaining how painful and long recovery will be, but gives you hope to get your life back. He provides you with a list of the best physical therapists in your area and emails a protocol to the one you picked. He monitors your progress and makes you feel good. He only releases you when you have recovered one hundred percent mobility. I am 65 years old and so thankful to Doctor Green for allowing me to go back to the sports I love

|  shoulder and bicep repair  |  show details
by albert j pires on May 21st, 2013

very professional staff the office staff the nurses and doctors were top shelf

|  Go to Another Doctor  |  show details
Oct 17th, 2012

Waited over an hour. Rude receptionist. Dr. Green spent very little time with me and brought interns with him in the examination room. He was unable to diagnose my problem and admitted he didn't no what it was. After getting an MRI, it took him a month to get back to me after calling and leaving messages over 4 times. He comes across as arrogant and not caring of his patient's problems.

|  Go to Dr. Andrew Green if you have Rotator Cuff Issues  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2012

I went to Dr. Green after I injured my shoulder from a fall playing basketball. I could not lift my arm to wash my hair, or put the car key in the ignition. I called Dr Green's office and they fit me into his busy schedule in less than 10 days. Upon seeing me in his office, he quickly determined that I had a large rotator cuff tear,and scheduled me for surgery a week later. That was a little over three months ago. After completing 12 weeks of physical therapy, I am thrilled to say that I have regained complete range of motion in my shoulder, have started strengthening my shoulder by doing push ups and am back on the basketball court. I believe this is all due to the excellent job that Dr. Green did repairing my shoulder. One extra piece of advice for those having rotator cuff surgery. The best thing you can do for the pain immediately following surgery,(along with the pain meds), is ICE ICE ICE!! Even if your shoulder doesn't look or feel swollen, it is swollen on the inside. Use ice as much as possible. It really helps with the initial post surgery pain.

|  Great surgeon!  |  show details
Sep 9th, 2012

After slipping on wet grass at my sons soccer practice I knew something was seriously wrong with my shoulder.Dr Green saw me right away and performed surgery soon after.The after care was amazing with physical therapy close by my home and follow up visits to monitor my recovery.I highly recommend Dr Green and hos practice

|  show details
Aug 30th, 2012

I was early for my appt. at this busy facility however was taken in within minutes. I read some of the reviews here and was hesitant to make an apt. Being told he was "THE BEST" surgeon I had to see what all the fuss was about. I have to admit I was a little nervous to meet him but he made me feel at ease. From getting an apt. to booking surgery the whole process was very well organized. Staff was friendly and courteous and Dr. Green was wise beyond his years. I am now 2 months post-up with Dr. Green and couldn't be happier.

|  show details
Aug 29th, 2012

2.5 hour wait time, got my co-pay back and left. Had to get my MRI cd back from dr green, found him in the back with his arms folded, relaxing having a conversation with some other doctors. meanwhile i had been in the waiting room so long that the receptionist actually asked me why i was still there, then politely brought me back to the examination room where i sat for another half hour before leaving

|  HAS NO PEOPLE TALKING SKILLS  |  show details
Aug 21st, 2012

NEEDS TO GO BACK TO COLLEGE FOR COURSES ON HOW TO DEAL VERY PEOPLE.WORST EXPERIENCE EVER WITH THIS DOCTOR

|  Worth the wait  |  show details
Mar 9th, 2012

He id certainly not much for bedside manner, but he is an excellent surgeon. The wait times can be long, but are to be expected when you are seeing one of the top docs in a given specialty, not only locally or regionally, but nationally. Does not push for surgery, unless its clearly the best or only option. I didn't see an 'intern' as the previous reviewer stated, but he did have a fellow or resident following him around. I did see his PA on follow up visits for an injection. I didn't get the sense that anyone was unprofessional or uncaring, just very busy.

|  Discourteous, Unprofessional  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2011

Very discourteous and unprofessional. Did not seem to take the severe pain I'd been having for more than a year seriously at all. Talked down, did not listen. Sent an intern in the 1st time. Did not return phone calls, dragged things out for weeks. While waiting for him to follow up, I called Brigham & Women's and got an appmt in 2 days, a thorough eval, immediate appmt for diagnostic test, and just plain courteous, professional treatment. Everyone I talked to said this guy was a jerk, but that he was a good doctor. I saw plenty of evidence of the former, none of the latter. Don't waste your time, go straight to Boston.