Dr. Andrew Green MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 8th, 2017
The best surgeon in Rhode Island
Dr. Green and his staff are exceptional, He is a serious man that is all business. I would rather have a perfectionist that is serious that a surgeon who jokes with me to make me like him. He is no-nonsense and factual. I trust his 100 percent.

January 9th, 2017
Double Total Shoulder Recipient
Advancing arthritis was narrowing my day to day existence. At first I couldn't get my elbows above my shoulders, and then it became harder to even extend my arms outward from my body before i felt the sharp bone on bone pain. Dr Green set me free....it is a simple as that. I had been mis-diagnosed by another office with adhesive capsulitis and had wasted much time trying to rehabilitate what can not be fixed. Sounds crazy but I needed what I felt was a miracle. I didn't find one, but two of them. Turns out what I thought were miracles, is just another day in the operating room for Dr Green. I researched the procedure and saw this is not the same as a knee replacement. The shoulder is a more complicated joint, and the surgery is quite a bit longer, and the more i read and saw I was quite apprehensive. For the first shoulder I mean. I am not a religious person, but the only things you need to succeed as a patient is faith, and trust. The entire staff knows what you are undergoing, and literally every one of them made me feel like they would be there with me, and did everything they could to make this a pleasant experience.....if that even sounds possible. Dr Green and his staff are going to do everything they can for you.....but it takes your participation also. Do the therapy. Do your homework. Flexibility first, strengthening later. If you listen to what they say, and do what they ask, you wont believe how the arthritic pain will disappear in the rear view mirror. I still have a ways to go, but the only limitation I have now is myself. Dr Green gave me the opportunity again to be as good as I want to be. If you go to him, ask him, I was pushing him to have the second one done. Once he shows you whats possible, you will be back here writing about your own story. Lending your own voice to mine, and others who all they did was make that leap of faith, and put they're trust in a Dr and Staff that make miracles happen. These words can not possibly begin to express the gratitude I have for what they have done for me..........

September 8th, 2016
OUtstanding surgeon and doctor
After a failed surgery on my left shoulder by another surgeon, Dr Green gave me a new reverse shoulder replacement. The result, now 8 months later, is far beyond my hopes. I have full range of motion, and have regained my former strength. I recommend Dr Green without hesitation. His post surgery care and discipline have been exemplary.

April 14th, 2016
Such a great experience! My friends all recommended Dr. Green. He answered all of my questions and explained the options to my wife and I. Here I am 6 months later, much better then I had originally started. Glad my friends recommended such an amazing surgeon who really knows what he is talking about!

December 6th, 2015
I have my surgeon back!
I stopped going to Dr. Green's office about 7 years ago because of the secretary who scheduled appointments. She was horrendus when and IF she called you back. I tried my luck again last month as my shoulder was hurting me. To my surprise a new young pleasant women answered the phone. I finally have my surgeon back! Dr. Green is the best the wait times proves that!

August 5th, 2015
Dr Green and his staff were very professional and courteous. Thank you for everything and God bless!

December 19th, 2013
Rotator cuff surgery
As a patient (both pre and post surgery), Dr. Green took the time to explain to me the procedures, what needed to be performed, and what to expect. Dr. Green is very professional and has a sincere interest in the health of his patients.

September 10th, 2013
Awesome!
I suffered a very traumatic cycling injury early this Summer. I dislocated my shoulder and fractured my humerus and glenoid fossa in several areas. I cannot say enough positive things about Dr Green and his staff. Their physical therapy department (Diane and Fran) were tremendously helpful and pleasant. Dr Green's expertise is second to none! A true hero to me.

August 27th, 2013
Rotator cuff & biceps surgery
Seven months ago, I had a bicycle accident: my right shoulder was dislocated, the rotator cuff and biceps were torn. I selected Doctor Andrew Green, Chief of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, University Orthopedics in Providence RI to perform the surgery, because he is in the one percent best country wide. He well deserves his reputation: although extremely busy, he takes time to be with you and inspires confidence. He is very honest explaining how painful and long recovery will be, but gives you hope to get your life back. He provides you with a list of the best physical therapists in your area and emails a protocol to the one you picked. He monitors your progress and makes you feel good. He only releases you when you have recovered one hundred percent mobility. I am 65 years old and so thankful to Doctor Green for allowing me to go back to the sports I love

May 21st, 2013
shoulder and bicep repair
very professional staff the office staff the nurses and doctors were top shelf

October 17th, 2012
Go to Another Doctor
Waited over an hour. Rude receptionist. Dr. Green spent very little time with me and brought interns with him in the examination room. He was unable to diagnose my problem and admitted he didn't no what it was. After getting an MRI, it took him a month to get back to me after calling and leaving messages over 4 times. He comes across as arrogant and not caring of his patient's problems.

October 12th, 2012
Go to Dr. Andrew Green if you have Rotator Cuff Issues
I went to Dr. Green after I injured my shoulder from a fall playing basketball. I could not lift my arm to wash my hair, or put the car key in the ignition. I called Dr Green's office and they fit me into his busy schedule in less than 10 days. Upon seeing me in his office, he quickly determined that I had a large rotator cuff tear,and scheduled me for surgery a week later. That was a little over three months ago. After completing 12 weeks of physical therapy, I am thrilled to say that I have regained complete range of motion in my shoulder, have started strengthening my shoulder by doing push ups and am back on the basketball court. I believe this is all due to the excellent job that Dr. Green did repairing my shoulder. One extra piece of advice for those having rotator cuff surgery. The best thing you can do for the pain immediately following surgery,(along with the pain meds), is ICE ICE ICE!! Even if your shoulder doesn't look or feel swollen, it is swollen on the inside. Use ice as much as possible. It really helps with the initial post surgery pain.