Dr. Andrew Hecht Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Andrew Hecht?

Most wonderful surgeon and team

Posted on October 21st, 2017

Dr. Hecht did surgery on my neck three months ago. I have never felt better. He fixed a surgery I had done at HSS that left me in severe pain. I was so nervous about having more surgery and he took the time to explain everything to myself and my husband. My husband is an attorney and he could not get over how Dr. Hecht spent so much time explaining everything step by step and calling me before the surgery to go over things. I feel great. Also his team is amazing.

go elsewhere

Posted on September 30th, 2017

Waited four months for an appointment. After waiting more than two hours in his office, was met by an assistant. Finally met with him and he was curt and difficult and had little to offer in the way of immediate help. He then abruptly left after 5-6 minutes of discussion saying he could do nothing without specific images. Really? Nothing? After 20+ years of treating patients for this issue or issues like this? When questioned about possible treatment options he threw his hands up and was surly telling us he was "flying blind" and stormed out almost angry that I had asked. Could not be seen again for two weeks at which time he would look at images already taken. (Why hadn't the staff advised this was necessary before coming?) Go somewhere else. Doesn't matter what this guy can do or what miracles he thinks he can preform. There are plenty of good doctors who aren't so rude and abusive to patients. Even the staff was rude. He acted as if we were wasting his time. Go elsewhere. Go elsewhere. Go elsewhere.

incredible surgeon and person

Posted on July 22nd, 2017

he is the most wonderful doctor I have ever had. I was a division one tennis player and have been in pain for last 5 years. I am now back to playing tennis for first time in years since he fixed my back. His staff is incredible. He has the patience of a saint and helped me through the process as I had so many questions. I am a mother of 2 and was so worried. Thank you thank you

I would not recommend this doctor

Posted on February 6th, 2017

On my first visit to his office, I was placed into an examination room and then waited 1 hour and 15 minutes for him to come in and say that he saw my MRI and wanted a new one. (A three minute meeting.) I obtained a new MRI and on the next visit was again placed in an examination room and waited for two hours and 10 minutes. After trying alternative pain management injections which did not reduced my pain, he then told me that the only remaining option was spine surgery which I agreed to. His office then called me the following day and said the first available surgery date was in five months. I proceeded to have the pre surgery examinations and clearances by my internist and cardiologist within the 30 day window prior to the scheduled surgery date. At this point, I was in so much pain, I could hardly walk. Six days before the scheduled surgery date, his office called to tell me that he would not be available on that date and he was rescheduling my surgery for three months later. At this point, I found another most compassionate doctor that performed the successful surgery within one month of my first visit with him.

L4/L5 fusion

Posted on October 23rd, 2016

Great bedside manner. Amazing surgeon. He changed my life.

Posted on January 14th, 2016

excellent Surgeon

thank you!!!

Posted on October 17th, 2015

I played professional tennis and always had pain in my back and legs. Dr Hecht fixed me! I have not felt this good in over 20 years.

Best surgeon I have ever seen and even better person.

Posted on February 6th, 2015

outstanding, warm , caring and great surgeon

Posted on February 4th, 2015

He's really smart

AAA

Posted on December 18th, 2014

I had surgery with him in 2011, fusion L5/S1. He fixed my problem. Life is good now. He is AAA.

Posted on November 22nd, 2014

Brilliant, talented , exceptional bedside manner,. Best spine surgeon you will ever find.

Dr hecht saved me

Posted on April 3rd, 2012

Dr Hecht is an outstanding surgeon. He fixed my spinal problem and I am not in pain for the first time in years. He gave me a new life. He is very compassionate