A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Andrew Himelstein:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Andrew Himelstein is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Andrew Himelstein, FACP, MD is board certified in Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Breast Cancer
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Gene Therapy
- Palliative Care
Education & Awards
Dr. Himelstein graduated from Washington University at St. Louis, Saint Louis. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Himelstein has 4 hospital affiliations:
- St Francis Hospital
- Christiana Care Health Services
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Himelstein accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Independence Blue Cross - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Cigna - 9 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Delaware - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Andrew L. Himelstein practice?
Dr. Andrew Himelstein practices Medical Oncology near Newark, DE.
See Newark Oncologists.