Dr. Andrew Hong MD Patient Reviews

July 6th, 2013
NUSS Procedure
The doctor performed a NUSS procedure (a nickel metal curved bar is inserted behind chest next to heart and lungs and secured to ribs on one side and left in for 3 years to curve the entire rib cage into shape and keep from crushing lungs and heart) on my 16 yr old son yesterday. We were fully prepared for months, Dr Hong is highly consultative, informative, and interactive. All the patients (parents and child) were given options, advised of risks, likely outcome, and he shared all diagnostic images, aids, answered questions and quite frankly spent a huge amount of time with us every step of the way. Not to detract from his review - but LIJ Cohen center somehow landed right here on LI some of the most fantastic nursing and support staff I have ever encountered? So far a confident, comforting, professional, and now stress free and healing experience. a WOW adventure. TOP RATING.

March 18th, 2011
Treated my newborn with Hirsprung Disease
Dr. Hong had always been professional and friendly. He keeps things easy to understand. My daughter had 3 surgeries with him and I've had faith in him throughout the entire procedures. We recommend him highly.

October 30th, 2010
I found Dr. Andrew Hong to be great. He squeezed my son in on an emergency basis and was very kind and caring. He fixed my son's pectus excavutum. His follow-up care was also wonderful