Dr. Andrew Hoover MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 18th, 2017
Does not refill Rxs
Office staff seem to ignore requests to have rxs filled. No calls advising to come in for fol up apts to get them refilled if that's what it would take and then when you do call to find out the status, your asked to talk to the rude useless "nurse" and never receive a call back. This has happenend numerous times! Will def not be back!

January 31st, 2017
Prescription Refills
This physician has allowed me to run out of prescription meds at least four times in the last two years. This happened in spite of numerous phone calls to his office and unnecessary office visits. Would NOT recommend Hoover to anyone.

January 23rd, 2017
Wonderful Doctor

January 27th, 2016
Been my doctor for 40 years

October 20th, 2015
patient
Hes the most caring , thoughtful doctor I've been to in many years. Wants to make sure you get the best care possible. I would recommend everyone I know to him.

December 30th, 2014
Great doctor

December 23rd, 2014
Very caring and attentive
I've been seeing Dr Hoover for about 10 yrs now and I am always impressed by his caring and attentive nature. I have recently been diagnosed with a very serious illness and at my first appointment after this he spent so much time with me, listening to my concerns and helping me sort things out. I think that some folks might not like him because he kind of old fashioned, very soft spoken and not quick to prescribe lots of drugs. I do sometimes get a bit irritated by his staff but he is worth it. He called me at 9 pm on a Saturday night to tell me about my blood work. Tell me about another doctor that would do that?

June 25th, 2014
Smart, Sweet Doctor
We have found Dr. Hoover to be exceptional at listening and diagnosing problems. When a prescription was too expensive, I called and he found a combination of other things that was cheaper (but more work, and took longer, or else he would have done that in the beginning). It was brilliant. The negative reviews seem insurance related - and I don't think that is always the fault of the doctor. Just my opinion. Dr. Hoover has been wonderful for us!

May 8th, 2013
Mrs.
AVOID!!!! Screws up prescriptions, office staff lacking any professional training, does not call you back with lab results, acts like he is listening but CLEARLY is not....refer back to "screws up prescriptions". Easy to get an appointment...yes. Staff is so so. Wont hardly give you 5 stinking minutes of his time. Seems to have a hard time looking patients in the eyes....Been his patient for many years, but I'm going elsewhere. The last screw up was the straw that brok the camels back...

May 29th, 2012
He is kind, compassionate and takes his time to explain everything. One of a kind!

June 3rd, 2010
Great Doc!!
I found Dr. Hoover and his entire staff to be very helpful and courteous. I called the office in need of an appointment as quickly as possible, and was suprised to be able to get an appointment the very same day! The staff was very friendly and my wait time was very short. When I met Dr. Hoover he was very compassionate and sincere (and did not seem rushed which is not what I was accustomed to with most physicians)! I have since made him my regular physician and have recommended him to all of my family and friends as well.

June 22nd, 2017