Dr. C Hunt MD Patient Reviews

• Sports Medicine Libertyville, IL

1.3

June 9th, 2014
If you get stuck with this guy don't waste your time
My wife goes and see this doctor, she is having problems walking and has severe knee pain. The knee hurt so bad that she wants to go to the emergency room. I talk her down and she goes to Illinois Bone and Joint, mistake, and they bring in this doctor who is to busy to either help her with her problem or investigate her problem. He orders an xray they take it. He comes into the office, looks at her knee for about 5 seconds, doesn't examine her knee. And utters, "Women who are over 50 will have knees that hurt when they exercise". Tells her to ice it and take it easy for a week. That was it. Long story short 4 days later I took her to a reputable family doctor not a factory clinic like IBJ, The doctor their gives her a cortisone joint right away, orders a scan. Low and behold, Torn menicus Pain fix with in two days, surgery scheduled. All this going to happen at a orthopedic clinic and hospital that cares not Illinois Bone and Joint BEWARE

September 23rd, 2013
Worst Doctor I've EVER Met
I would never waste my time or money to see this doctor again. RUDE, disrespectful, arrogant, impatient, irritable AND provided a COMPLETELY INACCURATE diagnosis. I waited more than 45 minutes to see him. He came into the room with an observing medical student, made no eye contact and said, "What's the problem?" I told him I was hurting intensely all over. He interrupted me, made a rolling motion with his hand and said, "Come on, you're going to have to do better than that. More detail." Five minutes later he told me he'd done a thorough exam and there was NOTHING wrong with me. I asked if he couldn't identify the problem, who should I see. He told me to see a psychiatrist because nothing was physically wrong with me. I asked him numerous follow-up questions trying to be sure he had heard my symptoms and attempting to trigger some memory of what might be wrong. Within two minutes of me questioning different possibilities, he cut me off and without eye contact said, "Look, there's nothing wrong with you so if you're going to see any other doctor, it should be a psychiatrist, period." I was stunned and embarrassed. I couldn't imagine that this tremendous pain I was having was all in my head. I ended up finding a primary care doctor after the pain continued and worsened over four months. She was disgusted by Dr. Hunt's diagnosis saying, "You should not have been dismissed in that manner; there are numerous test that should be conducted based on the pain you are describing. There are many possibilities that are invisible on an x-ray. Dr. Hunt should know that." She took blood work, ordered follow-up appointments with a neurophysiologist for an EMG, a rheumatologist, and she ordered a bone scan and more x-rays. She worked hand in hand to coordinate results and find an answer. Ultimately, I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, thankfully, because the options on the table included cancer, diabetes, ALS, and a host of other more horrific illnesses/diseases. Unfortunately, I went on suffering without knowing the cause for FOUR months because of how embarrassed Dr. Hunt made me feel. He is truly the worst doctor I have ever spent money to see. I expected more from Illinois Bone and Joint, but I guess if you call for an appointment and the doctor has several same-day appointments, that should be an indicator that HE HAS NO PATIENTS. Unfortunately, it's for a reason! If it were an option, I'd give him NO "stars," not because I didn't agree with his opinion or because he lacked basic bedside manner, but because he didn't do his job, take me seriously, treat me humanely OR thoroughly investigate and rule out more serious, life-threatening problems.

October 3rd, 2012
Run don't walk
This doctor gave us written instructions - so there is no dispute - about benchmarks and milestones for returning after a severe concussion to school. The second visit he berated my child and argued that he had never told us the things that were on those sheets of paper. He was loud and argumentative with my confused child and then got unpleasant with me and then his staff when he left the room. If you have a concussion go to a neurologist who will run the appropriate tests in a timely manner. Pain management isn't his "thing." Also, schools need to be given specific instructions as a child eases back into the school day, that's not his "thing" either. There are other sports medicine practices in the area that will work closely with you on getting your child the accommodations he/she needs.

November 15th, 2011
Rude, unprofessional and wrong
This doctor came into the room and after multiple visits, insisted I had a fracture despite xrays that never showed any. He threw his staff under the bus complaining the receptionist was horrible. The receptionist in turn complained of the doctor. These complaints were not in any solicited. They were offered when I was called into the exam room two hours after my appointment. One visit to another doctor and I had a diagnosis that was consistent with my injuries. Absolutely awful experience. Support staff did not return calls in timely manner. Stay away!

October 24th, 2011
Incorrect Diagnosis
After 2 visits and an unnecessary cortisone injection, the proper diagnosis still evaded Dr Hunt and several calls were never returned. My primary physician diagnosed it correctly over the phone and it was verified by another orthopedic physician. I would not recommend Dr Hunt.

May 3rd, 2011
I thought Dr. Hunt was arrogant and rude. He was in a rush the moment he stepped into the office. I'm sorry that I wasted my time and money seeing this doctor.