A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Andrew Carter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Andrew Carter, DO is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 15 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Vessel Prosthesis Implantation
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Coronary Atherectomy
- Coronary Disease
- Coronary Restenosis
- Coronary Stenosis
- Coronary Thrombosis
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Hot Flashes
- Unstable Angina
- Vascular Graft Occlusion
Education & Awards
Dr. Carter graduated from Midwestern University, Downers Grove. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Carter has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Tucson Medical Center
- University Physicians Hospital at Kino
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Carter accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Humana - 4 plans
- Aetna - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Montana - 9 plans
- Cigna - 5 plans
- Blue Cross of Idaho - 5 plans
- Health Plan of San Joaquin - 4 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Andrew J. Carter practice?
Dr. Andrew Carter practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Interventional Cardiology, Cardiology, and Obstetrics & Gynecology near Idaho Falls, ID.
Additional practice locations include: Helena, MT and Tucson, AZ.
See Idaho Falls Internists, Idaho Falls Cardiologists, and Idaho Falls Obstetricians & Gynecologists.