Dr. Andrew Walter MD Patient Reviews

2.3

• Good
  • Bad

December 10th, 2016
Since having surgery done ( twice since the first surgery failed ) I have been miserable. He performed what was to be a bladder suspension but included a complete hysterectomy that was unneeded as my uterus and ovaries were perfect. I agreed to the hysterectomy only after he described it as something he could do "while in there" and others had been satisfied in the same procedure being done to them. I didn't know until later, when viewing a chat of the femaly body, that the uterus and cervix help to support the bladder. I had never experienced menopausal symptoms, other than stopping my periods, until after this surgery. I was 66. He had told me that my ovaries were probably all dried up and moved out of lace. In coming out of the anesthesia the first thing I asked him was, "Were my ovaries all shriveled up?" He told me No they were in good shape! I have regretted having this done now for over 10 years. I still wear pads from bladder leakage and added to that, I feel emotionally unbalanced. I feel I aged very fast after that. I thought it was just a mistake by a young Doctor, but I have since learned from friends that Dr. Walter still encourages a hysterectomy from patients who only need bladder support. You couldn't pay me to be seen by Dr. Walter now! Shame on him!

December 27th, 2014
Great doctor!
Dr. Walter was a great listener during my appointment. He explained everything very well. We were able to come up with a treatment plan that had worked really well for me.

May 4th, 2017