Dr. Andrew Knott MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 13th, 2016
This man is an awesome Doctor! He saved my husband's life.

December 10th, 2015
Beware
He has been my dad's doctor since Dr. Yu retired. He did a fem-fem graft, and it blocked up in a year. Just recently, my dad had been having problems, mainly pain in his legs, and went to see him. Dr. Knott's recommendation was amputation below the knee due to poor circulation. Within 3 weeks of seeing him, we have been to 3 other doctors who all said that there is no need for amputation because his leg is still healthy. Dad will have surgery soon to have a fem-pop graft done. I'd say that's a lot better than having his leg cut off.

February 4th, 2015
Very poor follow up care, with critical diagnosis.

January 27th, 2015
He did my vascular surgery and I now have no pain when I eat. I did develop a hernia from the surgery, which will have to be repaired.

October 30th, 2014
Dismissive If You're On Pain Meds
My first experience with Kr. Knott was quite good. He performed a procedure to correct a valve problem in my legs. However, he explained that he was fixing the valve, but in fact, he closed the valves, forcing the blood to re-route. I didn't notice much difference; however, within a year, my legs ached continuously so badly that I required strong pain medicine to cope. On my second visit, he explained a procedure that would re-route blood to deeper veins & did not warn me of dangers. In follow-up appointment, I stated that I had read this raised chance for blood clot, and my mom had problems with this. He was quite distant to me during this visit. He made statements to me that indicated he felt I should not be taking strong pain medication. I don't think that he liked my research/questioning. By the end of the appointment, I had decided that I did not trust him to do further work on me. However, at the beginning of the consultation, he told me he would not work on me. He spoke in a way to let me know that he felt I use medication unwisely. I was there because I did not want to use the medication and was hurt by his innuindo. If you have a chronic problem and require strong medication, I would not recommend using this doctor.

January 10th, 2012
Fabalous
I have had varicose veins for over 30 years. The office staff was great in getting my insurance approved and setting everything up. They knew everything!!! I now have great legs and best of all they don't hurt anymore and no more support hose!!!!

December 28th, 2011
Awesome Doctor
I have seen Dr. Knott several times this year. He has the best bed side manners, he took the time to explain everything to us and took his time listening to our concerns.

November 3rd, 2011
Outstanding
Dr. Knott has treated me since a critical injury with outstanding service. His bedside manner and professionalism is above 99% of all the medical providers I've used. Upon his referral, I visited the Mayo clinic where he was a Fellow. Each of the physicians I met at the Mayo were solidly complimentary of Dr. Knott and his abilities. Their opinion was that I couldn't find better treatment.

February 16th, 2011
Awesome Surgeon
I'm a 40 yr old female on dialysis. Dr. Knott placed my third access in for dialysis. I was worried because my other arm had been cut up and had scars all over and really looked deformed. But, Dr. Knott made my new access almost unnoticable. He's a great doctor always on time and very caring.

November 2nd, 2010
Over the past 2 years I have seen Dr. Knott numerous times and several vascular procedures. He has always been very kind, thorough, takes the time to listen and following the procedure HE calls to check on me for several days following, as I seem to develope odd problems due to the small and brittle veins and arteries I have. He is the greatest.

October 29th, 2010
Excellent Doctor
For the last few years, Doctors I have seen usually do not spend enough time discussing my health concerns. That does not apply for Dr. Knott. He patiently discussed my condition. I was very impressed. He answered and explained my health issues in a language I could understand. Then he wrote down the name of the diagnosis and also gave me his email address in case I had any further questions. I did send him an email and he promptly replied.This doctor was highly recommended to me by my Family physician and now I too would highly recommend Dr. Andrew Knott.

April 18th, 2010
Dr. Knott is the most caring doctor I have ever known. He is thorough, extremely knowledgeable, patient and kind.