Dr. Andrew Kopel Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Andrew Kopel?

Excellent doctor

Posted on June 13th, 2017

Dr. Kopel is extremely thorough and knowledgeable. He explained my detached vitreous in detail and definitely helped alleviate my anxiety. I highly recommend Dr. Kopel. He is excellent!

Need a supporting staff for doctors

Posted on April 5th, 2017

Great doctor, thorough, able to handle an emergency.( I caused a delay, extra workload). It was worth it. Doctor kopel helped save my vision and pain I was in( the emergency room can verify that)! The staff could be more supportive, sympathetic, connected; to support and be helpful of everyone involved including the doctors.

Posted on April 28th, 2013

he is very thorough, he was very nice to everyone in surgery, i would higly recommend him, if you have to go through this horrible experience

Posted on June 22nd, 2012

He wrote my diagnosis down on a sheet of paper and told me I could look up information about it on the web. He did not communicate much. I had to ask questions just to get the basics. I waited about 90 minutes for him to see me after arriving 25min early for the appointment since Kelsey-Seybold asks that new patients arrive 20min prior to scheduled appointment. His diagnosis was different from the referring optometrist's diagnosis. He didn't even bother telling me the problem was in both eyes. It was only after I asked, that he divulged that information. During the exam, he didn't give the courtesy of warning me of some normal occurrences or what to expect (such as losing vision temporarily) before it actually happened. If it's expected and normal, the patient should be made aware of that prior to the doctor actually performing that portion of the exam. He was very nice, but not very helpful. I left the visit wondering if it was apathy or lack of expertise in his profession and now feel I should get a 2nd opinion.

Excellent Physician

Posted on December 2nd, 2011

In Aug. 2011 I was referred to Dr. Kopel for an macula off retinal detachment. He performed surgery with a scleral buckle. A few weeks later I had a full thickness macular hole at which time he performed a Vitrectomy. Both surgeries were successful. I cannot say enough about the care and concern this doctor gave to me. His bedside manner, his concern and care on the follow up visits. I have never had a doctor be more attentive and patient with my concerns for my vision. Even sometimes running late with appointments was worth the wait.

Posted on November 8th, 2016