Ophthalmologists
6750 West Loop S
Ste 1060
Bellaire, TX 77401
713-521-0555
Locations and availability (7)

by william southerland on Apr 28th, 2013

he is very thorough, he was very nice to everyone in surgery, i would higly recommend him, if you have to go through this horrible experience

Jun 22nd, 2012

He wrote my diagnosis down on a sheet of paper and told me I could look up information about it on the web. He did not communicate much. I had to ask questions just to get the basics. I waited about 90 minutes for him to see me after arriving 25min early for the appointment since Kelsey-Seybold asks that new patients arrive 20min prior to scheduled appointment. His diagnosis was different from the referring optometrist's diagnosis. He didn't even bother telling me the problem was in both eyes. It was only after I asked, that he divulged that information. During the exam, he didn't give the courtesy of warning me of some normal occurrences or what to expect (such as losing vision temporarily) before it actually happened. If it's expected and normal, the patient should be made aware of that prior to the doctor actually performing that portion of the exam. He was very nice, but not very helpful. I left the visit wondering if it was apathy or lack of expertise in his profession and now feel I should get a 2nd opinion.

|  Excellent Physician  |  show details
Dec 1st, 2011

In Aug. 2011 I was referred to Dr. Kopel for an macula off retinal detachment. He performed surgery with a scleral buckle. A few weeks later I had a full thickness macular hole at which time he performed a Vitrectomy. Both surgeries were successful. I cannot say enough about the care and concern this doctor gave to me. His bedside manner, his concern and care on the follow up visits. I have never had a doctor be more attentive and patient with my concerns for my vision. Even sometimes running late with appointments was worth the wait.

May 23rd, 2011

as of may 13, 2011 dr. kopel is no longer employed by retina specialists of houston