Dr. Andrew Laster MD Patient Reviews

• Rheumatology Charlotte, NC

September 3rd, 2016
Dr. Laster was probably the best doctor I have ever seen. He took his time, asked several questions, read my records, answered my questions and understood the scope of my problems. He listened and seemed to truly care. He took my records and organized them into pertinent and less important for me and helped me understand previous tests. I feel blessed to have found him.

March 11th, 2013
Best Rheumatologist in Charlotte
I have Rheumatoid Arthritis. Moved to US in 2007 and could not find a good doctor here. The one I found was horrible! Second one was the same disaster. I had to get a flight to Brazil because I was almost in a wheal chair. My doctor in Brazil in contact with another Rheumato friend in the Mayo Clinic, MN, recommended me Dr. Laster, who I can call THE BEST doctor! He is calm, patient, knowledgeable and very confident. When I get there desperate, I leave the office smiling and with lots of hope I’ll get better. He said something one day I never forget. I was upset because I love sports and I could not do everything I want to and start to vomit my frustration and he said: why are you worry? I’m the one to be worry, relax! That’s what you’re paying me for. Immediately I felt better. As a nurse I use to disagree with doctors many times but I trusted him and put my case on his hands. Fare enough, I’m in remission now, thanks God and My favorite DOC ever! He does not think he is “God” (like the majority of American doctors) he is not arrogant, he does not walk away before we finish and he is on time most of the times. It’s been more then four years, and I have nothing negative to talk about him. I wish all the others doctors could give me the piece of mind Dr. Laster gives to me.

March 1st, 2012
Very thorough exam by Dr. Laster
The firswt appointment Dr. Laster took alot of time to get a history of problems and symptoms and a physical exam. He found my problem as bursitis and gave a cortizone shots and gave me two medicines to help with inflamation and pain. Within days I was walking without a walker or cane and not in pain.

March 29th, 2011
Dr. Laster is exceptional
I had been to 3 specialists before I found Dr.Laster and the 3 have excellent credentials from the best medical schools and hospitals. I had terrible back pains and muscle spasms. I spent most of my days in bed. Even though they had 2 MRIs on my spine, the only solution they offered was to have a steroid injected into my spine. I did not want anyone inecting into my spine. They also said I had a bad case of arthiritis and Gout. I found Dr. Laster in medical books and on the internet. He had John Hopkins credentials plus a Fellowship with Duke Medical School.I have read bad reviews on him by "Patients" on the Internet, but did not believe them. Lately on the Internet I read unwaranted bad reviews on many things.IE:a Maytag washing machine and Sherwood stereo were rated terrible,but we did not believe them. So we bought both and they are excellent after about 6 months.Must be something in our water?I had my medical records sent to Dr. Laster and on my first visit it was obvious he had studied them. He examined me and concluded I did not have arthiritis, but have Gout, a hemangioma and Spondylosis. Spondylosis is causing my muscle spasms/cramping.He prescribed 2 meds and in about 3 days about 90 % of my pain is gone.Pyhsical therapy should stop most of the rest.When I visit him I always have my list of questions, which he answers very well. He really cares and will take as long as needed to talk with me.He is very knowledgable about medications, where most other MDs have little knowledge in that area.His Nurse is very helpful and also answers my phone calls promptly.I recommend Dr. Laster to all my friends.

January 21st, 2011
I love this doctor. I've never had a more thorough examination in my life. He seems to really care.

November 21st, 2010
Excellent care and patient physician