Andrew J Laster, MD
1918 Randolph Rd
Ste 600
Charlotte, NC 28207
704-342-1853
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Best Rheumatologist in Charlotte  |  show details
by Silvana Schevitz on Mar 11th, 2013

I have Rheumatoid Arthritis. Moved to US in 2007 and could not find a good doctor here. The one I found was horrible! Second one was the same disaster. I had to get a flight to Brazil because I was almost in a wheal chair. My doctor in Brazil in contact with another Rheumato friend in the Mayo Clinic, MN, recommended me Dr. Laster, who I can call THE BEST doctor! He is calm, patient, knowledgeable and very confident. When I get there desperate, I leave the office smiling and with lots of hope I’ll get better. He said something one day I never forget. I was upset because I love sports and I could not do everything I want to and start to vomit my frustration and he said: why are you worry? I’m the one to be worry, relax! That’s what you’re paying me for. Immediately I felt better. As a nurse I use to disagree with doctors many times but I trusted him and put my case on his hands. Fare enough, I’m in remission now, thanks God and My favorite DOC ever! He does not think he is “God” (like the majority of American doctors) he is not arrogant, he does not walk away before we finish and he is on time most of the times. It’s been more then four years, and I have nothing negative to talk about him. I wish all the others doctors could give me the piece of mind Dr. Laster gives to me.

|  Excellant Rheumatologist  |  show details
by Connie Starr on Mar 8th, 2013

My arthritis started in December 1995. I had arthritis in my wrist, hands, knees and ankles. I went to a rheumatologist for several months that I had been told was the best and I took the medication he prescribed. Instead of getting better I was getting worse very fast. I could not pick up a pot or a cup of coffee or cut my food. I considered myself almost an invalid. My husband and I went to his Dr. for his yearly physical. I told his Dr. about all my problems. He recognized my disabling condition and told me about Dr. Laster and when I asked if he was a good rheumatologist he said "I sent my daughter to Dr. Laster as she has lupus and I can highly recommend him". He got me an appointment with Dr. Laster and my first visit he checked every joint in my body and sent me for blood work. We waited for the results and at that point Dr. Laster started me with shots instead of pills. Dr. Laster had me have blood work every two weeks then every three weeks then every four weeks. I can assure you within two years I herd the most wonderful words from Dr. Laster "you're in remission". Anyone who has rheumatoid can appreciate those words. I can only say that after 16 1/2 years with RA, I bless the day I saw Dr. Laster the first time. I've been out of remission several times over the years and Dr. Laster always had an answer. Today March 8, 2013 I'm in remission and I pray I stay there and know that if I come out of remission that Dr. Laster will know what to do. I am 80 years old and I can tell you I love Dr. Laster and everything he has done for me. I can also tell you he is not only a good rheumatologist, he is the greatest. Connie Starr

|  Very thorough exam by Dr. Laster  |  show details
Mar 1st, 2012

The firswt appointment Dr. Laster took alot of time to get a history of problems and symptoms and a physical exam. He found my problem as bursitis and gave a cortizone shots and gave me two medicines to help with inflamation and pain. Within days I was walking without a walker or cane and not in pain.

|  Dr. Laster is exceptional  |  show details
by Frank on Mar 29th, 2011

I had been to 3 specialists before I found Dr.Laster and the 3 have excellent credentials from the best medical schools and hospitals. I had terrible back pains and muscle spasms. I spent most of my days in bed. Even though they had 2 MRIs on my spine, the only solution they offered was to have a steroid injected into my spine. I did not want anyone inecting into my spine. They also said I had a bad case of arthiritis and Gout. I found Dr. Laster in medical books and on the internet. He had John Hopkins credentials plus a Fellowship with Duke Medical School.I have read bad reviews on him by "Patients" on the Internet, but did not believe them. Lately on the Internet I read unwaranted bad reviews on many things.IE:a Maytag washing machine and Sherwood stereo were rated terrible,but we did not believe them. So we bought both and they are excellent after about 6 months.Must be something in our water?I had my medical records sent to Dr. Laster and on my first visit it was obvious he had studied them. He examined me and concluded I did not have arthiritis, but have Gout, a hemangioma and Spondylosis. Spondylosis is causing my muscle spasms/cramping.He prescribed 2 meds and in about 3 days about 90 % of my pain is gone.Pyhsical therapy should stop most of the rest.When I visit him I always have my list of questions, which he answers very well. He really cares and will take as long as needed to talk with me.He is very knowledgable about medications, where most other MDs have little knowledge in that area.His Nurse is very helpful and also answers my phone calls promptly.I recommend Dr. Laster to all my friends.

Jan 21st, 2011

I love this doctor. I've never had a more thorough examination in my life. He seems to really care.

Nov 21st, 2010

Excellent care and patient physician

by n/a on Oct 3rd, 2010

Dr. laster is no longer my doctor. he is an arrogant person who acts like you are bothering him for an answer. He constantly takes his cell calls and walks out of the room, leaving patients even longer. if you have a suggestion about you care.....good luck...he is always right