Family Physicians

2517 N Washington St
Central, Tacoma, WA 98406
253-759-3586
Locations and availability (1)

|  show details
May 16th, 2012

Dr. Loomis is a great physician and an even better person. His bedside manner is excellent and he always takes the time to listen to my concerns and answer my questions. I've been a patient of his for over 25 years. I'm grateful to have him as my doctor!

|  Disorganized front office  |  show details
Dec 21st, 2011

After 30 years I am having to leave the HMO I've been with. Based on reviews here I made a "meet and greet" appointment with Dr. Loomis.I explained in detail at the time I made the appointment that I wanted to interview the Dr. I had at least a 5 minute conversation with the receptionist explaining my expectations and my situation, I was leaving my HMO at the first of the year, who my new insurance company was going to be, I had a unique condition and I wanted to make sure the Dr was ok with it, etc. I was VERY clear I was looking to do an interview. She even used the term "Meet and Greet.So today I showed up for my appointment and was told I couldn't see the Dr until my new insurance was active. They didn't accept cash and they didn't do "Meet and Greets". The Dr "was very busy" and I could schedule an exam after the first of the year if I'd like.The receptionist brought a woman out from the back to explain this to me. She keep saying "there must have been a misunderstanding". I told her that's not possible, I had explained things in detail. There was no acceptance of responsibility, no effort to "make it right". Obviously the right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing in this office.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Sep 23rd, 2011

Answers questions without being in a rush. Very low tech - does not order up every test just because he can. Will work with you and educate you if you put in the effort. Hope he continues practice.

|  show details
May 10th, 2011

Dr. Loomis is always willing to explain my conditions and medications. He respects my intelligence and doesn't talk down to me. Also, he never seems to be in a hurry when I am with him.

|  longest wait ever  |  show details
Jan 21st, 2011

Spent an hour waiting just for prescription renewal.

|  Dr. Loomis -- great physician  |  show details
Aug 30th, 2009

I like Dr. Loomis very much. He is informative, non-alarmist, direct, and caring. I was concerned with needing a new doctor after many years with a doctor whom I loved, but I am so far, very pleased, with having found Dr. Loomis.