Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat)

Love Dr Shapiro!! show details Love Dr Shapiro!!
Sep 19th, 2015

Dr. Shapiro saved my daugter's life!! We have been trying to get her tonsils out for years as they were completely ruining her life. I had seen MANY other ENT's who who not even listen to me and my concerns and basically just said "if she doesnt have sleep apnea we wont take them out". Who cares that she is sick every day of her life and can hardly talk. After 2 years of arguing my family dr. recommended Dr. Shapiro. I went into his office expecting to have a debate.. but he listened and validate our concerns immediately. I never had to be on defense. He was awesome with my daughter and SO funny, I immediately felt comfortable with him. He had her tonsils out 2 days later. Turns out she had a huge abscess in her tonsil and he said thank god they came out!! My daughter is a new girl b/c Dr Shapiro actually cared about her and what we had to say and not just what his medical book said. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Awesome treatment and conversation.... show details Awesome treatment and conversation....
by Patty Tamayo (daughter LYDIA was the patient) on Apr 28th, 2015

daughter had her tonsils and adenoids removed around 2005, and 10 years later it was a joy to be seen by the very same Dr. for an ear infection that needed more than drops. She liked his humor, and his spunk ... after all he was dealing with a teenager!

Apr 10th, 2015

Dr. Shapiro is fantastic! VERY PERSONABLE with my son. Made him feel comfortable and made him laugh. When it was time for surgery, my son (who is very clingy to mommy), was relaxed and comfortable going with Dr. Shapiro and the surgery staff into the OR. Coming from a hard to impress mom, I would recommend Dr. Shapiro to anyone!

Awesome Doctor show details Awesome Doctor
Dec 2nd, 2013

I took my child to an oral surgeon in Camp Hill regarding my son being tongue tied. He wanted to put him to sleep and do all this other unnecessary but billable stuff. I went to see Dr Shapiro and he numbed the area under the tongue, clipped it back, problem solved. No bleeding and my son didn't even cry. He is amazing, really took away all my stress about BIG procedures the other doctor wanted to do. Thank you Dr. Shapiro for being so cool and for caring about the patient.

Dr. Shapiro is the Best!!!! show details Dr. Shapiro is the Best!!!!
Jul 26th, 2012

Dr. Shapiro was wonderful with my son. He not only discovered a problem, but diagnosed and corrected it as well. He put my son's mind at ease as well as my own. He explained everything to me so I could understand. He's also a very kind and caring doctor.

Jul 13th, 2012

I was dealing with a doctor that kept wanting to "watch & wait". My mom decided to get a second opinion, from dr shapiro, and its good she did! I am forever greatful for what dr shapiro has done for my ear (and my peace of mind!). Even though I am now an adult, he continues to see me for check ups instead of pawning me off on a doctor who sees adults. Not only does he know what he is doing, but he brings humor in to make the children feel more at ease. I would HIGHLY recommend him for any children needing an otolaryngologist!

by Jodi Grothe on Apr 20th, 2010

Great doctor and very trustworthy and caring. Great with my kids. My daughter has had three procedures and he is the best! I would highly recommend Dr. Shapiro. He always explains everything and listens to you!

Patient show details Patient
Apr 4th, 2010

Best Doctor Ever!! He always seems like he cares. He's done multiple surgeries for me and I could not ask for a better doctor.

Dec 11th, 2009

disappointing, to say the very least and put it nicely.