Dr. Andrew Wong Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Andrew Wong?

June 27th, 2016

Avoid

May 26th, 2014

AVOID

After two years of severe shoulder pain, 4 surgeries, two of which were performed by Dr. Wong, a simple x-ray done by another surgeon revealed the real problem. Acromial spurs and impingement was the real cause of my pain, yet Dr. Wong took out the bursa in both shoulders. These spurs were "years" old and could have been found with an x-ray. I believe the bursa surgeries were unnecessary and very unethical. Shame on you Dr. Wong.

January 27th, 2014

Dr. Wong

Dr. Andrew Wong is a great doctor and surgeon. He is highly experienced in several areas. He "fixed" both of my knees, one because of an automobile injury, the other from a running injury. He mostly recently operated on my hand for carpal tunnel and trigger finger. All of these procedures were a huge success. Most of all, Dr. Wong has a very good bedside manner and has spent much time with me explaining my situations and trying alternate things before performing surgery.

October 18th, 2013

Find a different doctor

I wish I had listened to my instincts when I first came in for my consultation with this doctor for a knee replacement. He dismissed my need for surgery and in a roundabout way called me a liar stating there was no way I could have worn a brace for two months. I later found out that there were other kinds of injections I could have gotten in order to avoid the knee replacement or at least prolong the need for one. The office workers are rude and seemingly do not care about patients. Getting answers to questions and trying to get refills on pain meds is an exercise in frustration. I dreaded having to call this office for whatever reason because either no one calls you back or you are transferred all over the place because it seems no one really knows what they are doing. The surgery had complications which at first I did not blame the doctor for. I had a pulmonary embolism and I am lucky I am alive. Now having more information, I have found out that there were precautions that could have been taken to prevent blood clots. Precautions that were NOT taken, such as the foot pumps on my feet during surgery. The way I was treated when I had to be readmitted to the hospital after 4 days was an abomination. I was in horrific pain and my knee swelled up while I was at home beyond recognition. The first thing Dr. Wong said to me was “I have never had a patient come back to the hospital before.” Well, I am terribly sorry I ruined your record. From then on I was treated as an inconvenience. I never got an answer as to why this had happened to me. No diagnostic tests were performed to see what could be wrong. I had to beg for pain medication and was continually treated as though I was medication seeking. This doctor's bedside manner is atrocious. He had the audacity to tell me that "it was in my head," and I was called a "wuss" by another member of his team. All someone had to do was explain that the blood thinners caused me to bleed into the surgical site and caused the swelling and pain. This doctor then dropped the ball on the physical therapy. This whole ordeal has been a travesty. I will never refer anyone to this office. AVOID THIS DOCTOR at all costs. A second opinion revealed two choices, to either live with it or have it redone.

August 30th, 2012

horrible bedside manners. treated me like i was a patient with no insurance, when in fact i have a ppo. never told me what was going on. very rude, very quick, non caring, and rude to my family in waiting area. i will never refer him to anyone and i am in the midst of changing him as my doctor. horribly disgraceful.

June 18th, 2012

Surgery following ankle dislocation/broken ankle/broken leg

My injury actually happened 7yrs ago, but I was looking up Dr Wong's name for a friend and came across this rating system. Dr Wong did an absolutely awesome job on my ankle...I have never had any difficulty with it after it healed. He's cordial, he cared and you could tell. His staff always got back with me no matter how small the question. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

April 27th, 2012

Arthroplasty of the Hip

I had a total arthroplasty of the hip. I had a minimal amount of bleeding. Was walking with and without assistance the next day. (Without assistance means no use of walker, crutches, etc but was with a Physical Therapist.) Dr. Wong has an exceptional bedside manner and even though I was doing so well he did not want to rush anything.

January 9th, 2012

Saved my arm

I was in a car wreck in 2002 ,85 mph in a tree that didn't move. He saved my arm from being taken ,it was my left arm and all i can say is thank you from me and my family .I was sent to Shands Hospital and after 14 surgery's and 2 months i am back where i belong . Thank you DR Wong for my life . God bless you for your talented hands .

June 4th, 2010

This guy really cares

In addition to being skillful & knowledgeable, Dr. Wong explains things clearly and is very willing to spend the time necessary to make sure all of your questions are answered. I was surprised at the number of times he visited me in the hospital after surgery. His excellent reputation for good outcomes is well-deserved.

October 5th, 2017