Dr. Andrew Markiewitz MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 12th, 2017
Saved my life
I'd been working out at the gym for several years and felt like I was in pretty good shape. Unfortunately, I developed tendinitis in my right wrist. Since I was planning a 6 wk trek through Europe, I made an appt to see if anything might be done to treat it. He took an x-ray (just to be sure), and said "If I were you, I wouldn't go back to the gym." That's the first time a doctor ever said something like that to me! When I asked why, he told me "Your arteries are so badly calcified I can see them on this x-ray. You need to go in for a stress test." I called my regular doctor, who scheduled the procedure. A few days later she made an appt for me with a cardiologist. He told me, "There's a lot we can tell from a stress test, but there's a lot we can't tell. I really need to do an angiogram." I told him I was scheduled for a 6 week trip through Europe starting next Wednesday. "Can we schedule it when I get back?" His response floored me. "Oh. You won't make it back. I think we better do it now." A few days later, I had 5 stents. I have several friends who are physicians, and two of them are cardiologists. Months later when I told them this story, they were amazed. "Markiewitz diagnosed your condition from an x-ray of your wrist?!?" They were clearly impressed, and all of them told me he saved my life. Since that time he has treated me for trigger finger on 3 occasions. Quick, effective, and relatively painless. I couldn't be happier. More importantly, I could have been a LOT unhappier if not for his keen observation!

September 20th, 2016
Numerous experiences
Have had a number of surgeries with Dr. Markiewitz (2 carpal tunnels, 2 trigger fingers, and recently a serious infection in my little finger after a bite). The first 4 surgeries were perfect. Absolutely no problems since. The infection from the bite/??? became serious when the antibiotics didn't work and surgery was necessary. Dr. Markiewitz took a personal interest by immediately squeezing me in at his office to look at the situation, squeezing me into the next days surgery schedule, and then personally checking on me later in the day of the surgery to see how I was doing. On top of all that, he gave me his personal cell number for me to call him at any time if I had any concerns during this whole time. His staff is outstanding and the follow-up support with his physical therapists was second to none. Highly recommend Dr. Markiewitz and his whole office!

August 9th, 2016
this guy doesnt care
This guy did not give a care about me. my hand was on fire and all he cared about was his paper work, just like his staff. i am going to my dr.

July 17th, 2016
took time to explain diagnosis as well as plan and expected progress/prognosis.

June 17th, 2016
Dr Markiewitz is a very kind and caring man. His bedside manner is excelent! He seems to me to be an expert in his field! I have referred him to several friends and family and all agree he is a wonderful Dr.

June 10th, 2016
Hand Surgery
Very good.

June 4th, 2016
Dr Markiewitz is an excellent doctor. He spent time with me on each visit explaining my symptoms and everything associated with it. Surgery went just as expected and he was very patient in answering all of my questions. I've been very pleased with everything since surgery and will definitely return should the need arise.

May 31st, 2016
My wife and I were involved in a non-fault motorcycle vs. car accident in April. We were both ejected from the motorcycle and bounced off the vehicle that turned in front of us. I soon discovered that both my wrists were broken from flipping over the handlebars. My general physician recommended Dr. Andrew Markiewitz who made room on his schedule to examine my wrists due to the pain that I was experiencing. Dr. Markiewitz took very little time to diagnose and treat my wrists after reviewing x-rays and a physical examination of both hands. In very little time I was on the road to a lengthy recovery. Dr. Markiewitz is a pleasure to talk to; I was comfortable with discussing my injury and the pain that I was enduring. I highly recommend Dr. Markiewitz and his staff for anyone that is in need of a Hand Specialist.

May 25th, 2016
Great guy!

May 25th, 2016
The Right Doctor for Hand Issues
Very easy to get an appointment ( I called on a Thursday and had an appointment the following Monday). Very easy to talk to and explains everything. He asks if you have any questions, and re-explains anything you don't understand. In my particular case, I went for a trigger finger, and mentioned I had a different one the prior year. In addition to treating my current problem, he also ordered blood tests to see if something might be causing these to occur, and explained what he was looking for. I am very pleased so far, and am impressed. I Would recommend him to anyone needing treatment for hand issues.

May 21st, 2016
Review of Dr. Markiewitz
The first visit, he was in and out very quickly. The next visit, he was more personable. I had my husband in the room, so I don't know if that made a difference.

May 19th, 2016
Put at ease (by doctor and associates) -- Diagnosis explained in terms that were easily understood -- Given the opportunity to choose the type of remedy to be administered (oral med or shot) --