Dr. Andrew Matteliano MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

October 9th, 2015
never ever go here!!!! really 0 stars

September 9th, 2015
DO NOT GO TO HIM. ONE OF THE WORST PHYSIATRIST.
DO NOT CHOOSE THIS DOCTOR. He is horrible. He will talk loud about your personal business in front of the people in the waiting room and embarrass you. He is also extremely inappropriate. He asks questions which have nothing to do with your health. His behavior also depends on his mood that day. One time he might be okay to you and then next time you see him, he is extremely rude and treat you like you are nothing (which happens most of the time). I definitely do not recommend him to anyone. One of the worst, if not the worst, doctors I have ever had.

April 21st, 2015
Very perceptive, honest about treatment options. Seems very intelligent and knowledgeable about many things.

April 20th, 2015
This dr sees 10-12 patients an hour. Signs prescriptions and your out the door. Pusher

April 3rd, 2015
Aside from being Very ARROGANT, Very good Dr.

October 25th, 2013
Caring.
I am a 46 year old 3 back surguries in 8 years. I had been to another pain managment dr. With a " hurry up" I got other patients...experience. Andrew and Debbie. Are caring Dr.s.always check my physical ability . Ask me how I'm managing my pain. But this isn't a dr. That will prescribe you a lot of Meds. If your trying to get controlled substances Meds. It's not easy. But there's a reason why... They test all the patients at every visit. And they call for Meds check and tox screening. That's a Dr. Who cares about there patients. Because to many people are abusing medication. Believe me you won't be able to do that here. You will get caught... That's why I will continue to see Dr.Matteliano. For my pain managment. Because he does care. Very much recommend this office.

September 28th, 2011
Lots of education
I have had 3 lower back surgeries and suffer from chronic pain. When I saw Dr. Matteliano he fully explained my MRI findings and answered all of my questions about nerve damage. I will continue to see the doctor for pain management and came away from my visit with the best understanding of my condition since I was injured over ten years ago.

July 19th, 2011
Straight Shooter
I became disabled in 1996 and I have been to several pain management doctors, with no success. I have been a patient of Dr. Matteliano since 2006 and since that time I have made remarkable improvements. My injuries (neck C3-4, C5-6, both shoulder, and L3 S1) are chronic and will only get worse as time goes by. But, thanks to Dr. Matteliano and his outstanding staff I am no longer collecting SSD but back to work. The wait is usually long and the chairs suck, so I stand. But, based on my many years of experience pain mgt offices its like that no matter where you go.Dr. M does not sugar coat the reality of your health issues, he is a straight shooter and some people cannot handle with that. Debbie is God sent she can look me and tell exactly where my problems are usually before I begin to speak. The physical therapist are wonderful, they have helped me to strengthen by body through land/water/massage therapy.Yeah it is hard road and youre in a lot pain. But if you think the world will stop and cater to you, you will be highly disappointed and youll never get better. But at the end of the day I would highly recommend this pain management facility.

March 18th, 2011
I could see where you'd say he's short sometimes, but that's because this man gets to the point and won't waste your time. You get your moneys worth with an honest doctor and a straight shooter. Staff is friendly and facilities are very nice. Nurse practitioner debbie will spend extra time focusing on ur overall wellness. she is a very positive person and doc is the guy to go to if you want someone to tell it like it is.

March 16th, 2011
Thank you for helping me. Helpful staff. Great experience.

January 12th, 2011
eta-boo
i have been going to dr matteliano for over ten years. in the begining i would wait an hour or so. the last few years i have only waited as long as ten minutes. doc can b a bit short but i think thats just him, bcecause i have known him a long time he does take time to answer any concerns. my only issue is i think the group as a whole write too many scripts for pain meds. i would have to guess a lot of his patients could become addicted to them. i think they need to focus more on teaching u how to deal wit your pain instead of massing it wit pain meds.i would rather see him instead of the np's.

October 18th, 2010
very sad experience
Doctor did not listen to my concerns over talked me and very rude when asked a question. Very sad experience.