Dr. Andrew Messer MD Patient Reviews

3.8

• Good
  • Bad

May 26th, 2017
ABSOLUTELY THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER! I was refered to Dr. Messer from a chiropractor dr for help with a car accident that caused spinal damages and Dr. Messers assistant Daryl told me that "there is no damage and that chiropractors didn't know how to read MRI scans and that having bulges in my discs were normal that everyone has them". Also was told by him that there was "nothing they could do but he wanted to recommend numbing shots and see what happens, but the shots were my choice". EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL to bash another dr who refereed me to them as a professional favor. How does someone who isn't a dr do that to a new patient and then basically expect them to return and do business there? I personally WILL NEVER GO BACK OR REFER ANYONE THERE TO THAT OFFICE!!!!! NOT COOL!!! EXTREMELY UNPROFFESSIONAL!!!

August 19th, 2016
I gave my review of my favorite doctor. He was the epitome of any surgeon one could ever have. I would like to see him again soon.

July 16th, 2016
I'm a new person!
I had Micro Laminectomy by Dr Messer. Prior to my Surgery I had horrible Sciatica. It was so bad that many days I could hardly walk and spent large percentage of my days in bed much to my chagrin. My surgical experience went off smoothly and I am pleased to say that the results are stunning. I have absolutely no Sciatca. I am back to normal and so grateful!!

May 7th, 2016
Cervical surgery
He did my cervical surgery and made me feel at ease

May 3rd, 2016
Best spine doctor in the country
Years ago I had injured my back. I swore I would never have spine surgery, so for years I received shots, took pain meds but the pain just continued to get worse. I felt like I was 20 years older than I was and I kept gaining weight. My wife told me about her co-worker who was delighted with her back surgery. Her doctor was Andrew Messer. So my wife made me an appointment with him. After talking with the doctor all my years of fear melted away. I was very impressed with Dr. Messer’s knowledge and education. I later found out that he was top in his class at Yale and Oxford plus he has 4 Board certifications to his credit. Since my back surgery I have been able to exercise again and I lost 35 pounds. I feel great and I’m glad I listened to my wife.

June 24th, 2015
back pain GONE
I have injured my back several times but when I got into a moped accident it became unbearable. I was having large amounts of pain and difficulty trying to stand up, walk or sitting for too long. Dr. Messer came highly recommended so I knew I would be going to him. He was booked out 6 weeks but he knew I was in dire pain with a ruptured disc so he stayed late the following week and fit me in at the end of the day. It felt like a miracle to be able to stand the next day and experience no pain at all. My scar is hardly visible. He is the only doctor I will ever have fix my back.

March 27th, 2014
Best spine surgeon
I've been to other doctors who I was not comfortable with but Dr. Messer knew exactly what the cause of my pain was and made me feel very comfortable. He fixed my back without any pain and almost no down time. I only wish I had know about him sooner. He is by far the BEST back surgeon around.

October 16th, 2013
Very rude Dr. as we have been waiting over two hour and still no doctor. I can tell by the staffs reaction, this is his norm.

April 11th, 2013
Rating of this Dr.
I would never recomend this doctor to anyone. He is a coward and cows down to what insurance companies want him to say and do. He out right lied and I would not even want him to treat my dog. A second year medical student could give a more accurate diagnosis than he did. AIMO.

October 12th, 2012
Pain Free
I think Dr Messer is an excellent surgeon and am so glad I found him. I am back on my feet and legs after my slipped vertebrae was straightened up with cadaver bone and a titanium brace. I was ready to give up on life and he has given me renewed hope to keep going.

September 20th, 2012
If you like waiting
You will wait a long time in the waiting room. Dr. Messer does not think much of your time only his.

October 11th, 2011
Messer is the only Dr I will ever trust!!!
Finding Dr Messer was a miracle and a true blessing! I lived with back problems from past blotched surgeries for 10 years. I accepted that I would never walk straight again and was accustomed to living with daily pain. I was reluctant to have anymore surgeries but I kept hearing praises of Dr Messer's work from different people, so much so that it seemed more than a coincidence. When I met with Dr Messer I was impressed with knowledge of accurate history of my spine. Not only is he a Yale graduate but he holds the record for having the most hands-on experience with the latest spine technology as well as teaches other dr's at seminars. My spine was abused from wrongful past surgeries from other so-called dr's, but Dr Messer explained everything to me and won my confidence. Dr Messer removed the heavy metal hardware from my back with was causing me more harm, straightened my whole spine through two small holes on my side with amazing new technology. The very next day I was actually able to stand up "straight" and walk without pain for the first time in 10 years. Due to this new type of surgery there was minimum invasive cutting and I didn't have to suffer any down time. Before I thought my life was over, now I'm just starting to live again and I'm making up for lost time! Dr. Messer gave me a second chance at life and for that I will forever be grateful!