Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile
3301 NW 50th St
Oklahoma City, OK 73112
(405) 947-0911
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

• Currently 3.047619047619 of 4 stars
  • Currently 3.047619047619 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Apr 6th, 2014

always pleasent.

|  Excellent Doctor!!!  |  show details
Nov 15th, 2012

I was sent to this doctor by workers comp court, and I was nervous at first but this doctor is the best doctor I have ever seen in my whole life! I went to this doctor with severe back pain in my low back and pins and needles feeling through my whole legs and feet.Dr. Parkinson diagnosed it as congenital spondlysosis. and the treatment for the problem was a 360 spinal fusion. So of course workers comp fought us tooth and nail for 2 years because they didn't want to spend the money. Dr parkinson and his office stuck by my side the whole 2 years and we finally got it approved. I had my spinal fusion on September 24 2012 and my whole life has changed for the better. I no longer have any of my original back pain or the pins and needle sensation. I do have some aches and pains but that is common after a major surgery. I would recommend Dr.Parkinson to anyone in a heartbeat he doesn't treat you like just another patient or paycheck he treats you like family. Thank you Dr.Parkinson!!!

|  TOTAL NIGHTMARE  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2012

I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND DR. PARKSINSON. WORST MISTAKE EVER! SAVE YOURSELF TIME AND TROUBLE AND FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR THAT WILL TAKE TIME TO LISTEN AND NOT GIVE ROBOT ANSWERS!

|  Patient Beware  |  show details
Mar 15th, 2012

I went to this doctor for a back injury.I had several herniated,bulging disk in my back.He was very uncaring and manipulated my back, knowing I was already in pain.He told me he was sending me for a capacity evaluation after I saw him about 6 or 8 weeks and he would see me afterward.The evaluation was almost 4 hours of intensive walking,climbind stairs and pushing and pulling a heavy sleigh type device that weighed 30 or 40 pounds or more.I was in extensive pain for months aferwards,more than I was in already.When I called the office to make my follow up appointment ,I was told I had been dicharged as a patient. I was only told I was dicharged after he put me through hours of entensive climbing stooping,reaching and pushing.With a back injury such as mine this is something the other doctors told me not to do.This again made my back even worse to where ,I could hardly walk for months.In my opinion this doctor did alot more harm than good and I defiantly wouldn't let this young doctor do back surgery on my back or any other medical treatment.I have never left a review and in leaving this one, I hope I can help someone from going through, what I went through, with this doctor.It's been 3 years since my injury. With the help of GOD and prayer and taking it easy my back has slowly gotton better.I feel like,If I had not went to this young doctor, it would had healed better on its own.Please people reseach doctors before you go to them and let them cut on your back.

|  great doctor  |  show details
Feb 1st, 2012

this is the best doctor I have ever encountered and I would recommend him to everyone with a back problem. I could go on about him but bottom line he is a great doctor.

|  Rock Star Doc!!!  |  show details
Jan 27th, 2012

My husband needed surgery on his neck. A different Dr. in town had done surgery on his C3&4 however, a year later he was in excruciating pain again. We were referred to Parkinson and was able to get in in 2 days to see him and he diagnosed him with Degenerative Disk Disease. He scheduled surgery ASAP on his C56&7 and also had to replace the hardware on the previous surgery of C 3&4. Dr Parkinson's bedside manner is great, he listens, he cares about his patients, gives you options, helps you weigh the pros and cons of each option so you can make an educated decision. He gives you plenty of information in layman's terms so you understand everything and he helps you come to a treatment plan that works best for you. He is a surgeon but he's not a cut happy Surgeon.He's very well informed, knows his stuff, never felt like we were being rushed at appointments and as a result my husband will never go to anyone else. There were some post surgery issues and he told my husband to come in immediately and they would take a look. Turned out to be a minimum problem. Rarely will you find a Dr. that truly cares about his patients to the extent that he does. Out of 4 stars I would give him a 10!!! Thanks for getting me out of pain, The Abrahams

Sep 2nd, 2011

I just wanted to take some time to thank Dr. Andrew Parkinson for his care and treatment over the past year. Dr. Parkinson has been nothing but kind and professional throughout this process. He has done everything within his power to make sure that I was cared for. He is one of the few doctors that show a genuine care and compassion for his patients. That is rare in today's world. Dr. Parkinson is an asset to the State of Oklahoma and especially Oklahoma City. I am thankful that I had the privilege of meeting him and being his patient. Unfortunately, workers comp has referred me to a neurosurgeon to treat my condition. I hope he has the compassion and willingness to listen as DR. Parkinson did. Once again, thank you Dr. Parkinson. Sincerely, Terry Mays

Aug 11th, 2011

I AGREE WITH SOME OF THIS,NOT ALL

|  Gave me my life back  |  show details
Apr 6th, 2011

Dr Parkinson is a very caring and skilled surgeon. I hurt my back at work almost 2 years ago. It took 1 year of fighting with workers compensation and a few doctors who said that nothing was wrong with me. I saw Dr Parkinson and he listened to me and believed that I was hurting and something was wrong, and he even worked to get my surgery approved by the insurance company so I could get fixed. I was taking pain pills all day and hurt so bad I couldn't hold my 2 year old baby. He fused my back through 2 little incisions barely an inch long, and I went home the next day.He gave me my life back, and I cant thank him enoughPamOKC

|  pm  |  show details
Feb 10th, 2011

this man uses his father in law to sell his spine hardware. The more he puts in the more money for the family.

Feb 2nd, 2011

Dr parkinson is more interested in his paycheck than his patients.

|  My back surgery  |  show details
Jan 4th, 2011

Dr. Parkinson was the surgeon who removed most of a disc from my spine. He is the most professional, kindest, and most intelligent doctor of any kind I've ever seen. If only my psychiatrist were this good!

|  back surgery  |  show details
Aug 4th, 2010

I was injured in 1990 have had 4 back surgeries from 1990 to 2009. None of the back surgeries gave any lasting relief, until I saw Dr. Andrew Parkinson. He performed my 5th and last surgery. The day after surgery I was in less pain than I had been in 20 year. As far as I am concerned, my back is fixed after 20 years due to Dr. Andrew Parkinson. In my opinion, he is a miracle worker. His bedside manner is outstanding, very pleasant and very knowledgable in this field. I would, and have, recommended him to everyone that has to have a back surgery. He is not one of these doctors that just perform surgery if there is any other course of treatment. He operates as a last resort and he is the best back surgeon I have had and I have had 5 total. Recommend him highly.