Dr. Andrew Peretz Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Andrew Peretz?

February 14th, 2017

My son had surgery for a herniated disc and we were told by Dr. Peretz that he could go home after the surgery. My son was sent to a room on 4 North and waited for 8 hours for Dr.Peretz to come to his room to speak to him after his surgery and to discharge him. The doctor never came and the nurses could not do anything without his orders. They called him at 8:00 pm to discover that Dr. Peretz had gone home at 3:00 pm. He never saw my son post surgery. The nurses had to have the doctor email them the discharge orders and my son was released at 8:30 pm. I have never heard of anything like this. I have had 2 surgeries through Somers Ortho and each time Dr. Buchalter came to see meto discuss my surgery afterwards. Not only was my son confused as to what was going on but so were the nurses who never received clear orders from Dr. Peretz.

November 23rd, 2015

The doctor spent 5 minutes with me and was actually walking out the door while I still had questions. He completely misdiagnosed me and had prolonged my pain by having to find another doctor.

October 14th, 2015

Cannot believe he is a "Dr." What happened to Dr's caring about their patients. First, it took awhile to get in to see him. Then when I did, was with him for less than 5 mins. Told me to go have an MRI. Took almost 1 week to get approval. When I would call office to follow up on status of approval, always got his assistant, Amanda's VM. She never returned my calls. It seems to be the norm for her. Whenyou do talk to her, she is short with you, & makes you feel like you are the one who did something wrong. I finally had MRI. Went back to see him. Waited 26 mins. Then he comes in, says he still doesn't know why I am having the pain on the side I am. Doesn't make sense. He refers me to pain mgmt Dr. Also, he wants a cat scan. It takes 2 weeks to get my insurance to approve it. All because him or his PA won't take the time to call & have a peer to peer. I even called & got the office Mar involved & of course all she wanted to do was make excuses for them. I finally had to ask her why did she keep sending emails to them. It obviously wasn't working. There office isn't that large, why didn't she get up & walk over to them & have a face to face. If you want treatment & answers. A Dr who knows what they are doing. Cares about you. Peretz is not your man. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME.

August 7th, 2015

Bed Side Manner

Cold,impersonal, attitude. Unhelpful with any pain management issues. Cold,impersonal Secretary,not helpful with authorization/workers comp.issues.

July 22nd, 2015

Been seeing Dr Peretz for a year and a half. Pre-treatment therapy up to awaiting spinal surgery and I found him very professional and courteous. A very good doctor.

February 4th, 2015

A MILL, more concerned to make Doctors Money, than to perform their Ethical duties.

Typically, Dr. Peretz cannot be reached directly. His " Medical Assistant", Amanda, spends little, if any, time at the office, My experiences in being treated by Dr. Peretz, in two, unrelated instances, were substantially the same. Attempts to reach the doctor were recorded on voice mail, rarely, if ever, to be responded to in the same day. WHEN responded to at the capricious convenience of Amanda, the answers to questions asked were incomplete or otherwise vague. If medical treatment was necessary, and such treatment could provide relief for this patient, and if that treatment could be performed by their Physician's Assistant as opposed to the Doctor, the necessary treatment would be delayed - days (of patient pain) in order to re-schedule treatment appointments, thus reducing the Medical Group's salary costs at the consequence of Timely Medical Treatment. Medical Record copies requested by other doctors chosen to provide patient medical treatment (upon leaving the Somers Orthopedic Group due to their non-professional and irresponsible ways ) remain unanswered - waiting over a week for a return Fax; seemingly due to the Group's retaliatory bent. The group is evidently, much more concerned in saving the Group's operating cost than providing their Moral and Ethical duties to health care, as required by their licensing as required by the State of New York. Their Primarily purpose is running a Business Entity; a mill. Health care is of a lesser consequence than treating those in need of medical help. STAY AWAY. There are orthopedists in the area WHO CARE about the treatment of patients.

November 11th, 2014

Poor care.

April 16th, 2013

The worst

Kept waiting in straight back chair for one hour and by then, I was feeling ill and had chest pain. The combination of back pain and the stress of waiting had caused my ulcers to flare. After 20 minutes of waiting I went into the hall to get some water and the nurse told me to "get back in the room". I asked for water and she brought it 10 minutes later. Another 25 minutes and the doctor came in with no apologies offered. When I told him I felt ill, he sent me down to the emergency room and said we "couldn't take any chances." No time to answer any questions about my back. After spending the night having tests done in the ER, it was established it was indeed my stomach that had caused the pain. I called the doctor the next morning, because I needed answers regarding my back pain and it is now 5 days later and he has not returned the call. With my initial visit of 6 minutes and very little discussion, I cannot imagine how this person could manage to fall behind one hour in his scheduling. He is extremely dismissive in his behavior. If people were not in so much pain when they meet, he would almost be comical with his tiny pompous attitude. I am waiting now to see if they have the nerve to charge me for my hour's waiting time.

February 28th, 2013

Caring Doctor? I think, NOT!

My mother was under his care for 2 years for horrible pain that went down her back, into her buttocks and started to cause her foot to drop. He sent her to pain management, injections and nerve blocks which didn't do anything. At her last appointment seeing him I was appalled at his condescending and curt manner. I asked to see the visual MRI and he looked at me with disgust for asking him, Napoleon, a question. He said she needed a spinal fusion for her pain...took him 1 year to come to that conclusion. He had such crappy bedside manner that I found my mother a better doctor. Neurosurgeon Dr. Michael Cho, who didn't agree with the Peretz' diagnosis. She had 2 cysts pressing on her nerve that was causing the severe pain. A spinal fusion wasn't the answer to her condition. Peretz never said anything about cysts.

June 27th, 2012

Sharon Churton

Dr. Peretz is a tiny troll of a man. He is mean spirited and condesending. He does not care about his patients and treats them like gum under his shoe. I have met numerous people that have felt the same way and worse. His favorite mantra is go to pain management (drugs) or try a chiropractor. He told me, like so many others, that I was not a surgical candidate. I have since found a real doctor, had a fusion and have never felt better. Shame on you Peretz...I'll not use the title of doctor.

October 6th, 2011

Overall very unsatisfying

November 12th, 2010

After waiting for over an hour, Dr. Peretz came in told me he'd reviewed my films, and that I wasnt a surgical candidate. It was only after that that he asked why I was there for the appointment! He should stick to the OR, and not see any other than surgical patients. Very curt and abrupt.