Deaf show details Deaf
Aug 20th, 2015

first lied to me about a surgeries success rate. Then never saw me after 2nd surgery, simply released me. Botched 1st. Ignored me for 2 weeks. Performed 2nd - emergency surgery - and botched it again. Repeated calls to his office were ignored. I ended up having to go to 2 other surgeons who wondered why he ever operated in the 1st place and had an obliteration done losing 100% hearing in my better ear. Lost my job because I was out of work over 6 months instead of 3 weeks.

Abusive and vindictive office staff. show details Abusive and vindictive office staff.
by Frustrated on Feb 2nd, 2015

This one star review is not concerning Dr. Pestcoe's competency as a doctor nor is it about anyone else other than the staff at the Head and Neck Clinic. I have been to Dr. Pestcoe twice concerning hearing issues and both times have witnessed very rude behavior from the front desk staff concerning how they interact with patients. I can understand my demeanor being tested by irrational patients but never EVER belittle them after they have left because despite hearing issues I heard ""My God what a b*^ch coming from one of the staff. I have also been treated poorly. The office/account manager (female) rude, belittling and divisive with her attitude concerning my insurance. I have good insurance and have had no delinquent balance with this office. Her issue was with her opinion of my insurance and why they find it a slow pay. WHY AM I BEING TREATED LIKE THE INSURANCE COMPANY?!?!?!? My account has been locked by them and am refuse an appointment until they receive my insurance company's portion as I suffer physically in the interim. No more!!! You Dr. Pestcoe have been fully professional and kind but your hateful staff drags you and your reputation into the mud.

Payment preceeds patient in terms of priority at this office. show details Payment preceeds patient in terms of priority at this office.
by Jay Copin on Jul 16th, 2013

I was referred to this doctor by another physician for conductive hearing loss. I am 38 years old and this condition has been very troublesome for me. They refused to see me because my workman's comp claim had not been completely settled at the moment of my initial appointment. When I asked if I could submit my own insurance for the visit they balked. I understand why it's important for them to straighten out the insurance rigamarole but how can you turn away a patient in need? Additionally they did not ask anything or mention anything about not accepting workman's comp. I did not know that this was something I needed to state up front. The staff treated me like I was some kind of idiot because I couldn't read their mind. They made me cancel my appointment and wait for the office manager to contact me. Once contacted she gave me her personal opinion on my workman's comp claim (even though they don't handle these claims). She was completely out of line stating, "I am not sure how this is even a comp claim". That my dear is for an adjuster to decide, not you. Thanks for nothing but wasting my time Dr. Pestcoe and staff.

Compassionate Dr. show details Compassionate Dr.
Jul 29th, 2008

Dr.Pestcoe is a very compassionate Dr.He takes the time to explain everything to you.ICalled the office to ask questions about my upcoming surgery.He called me back in a timely manner.A great Dr.