Dr. Andrew Porges Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Andrew Porges?

July 28th, 2015

Great doctor finally I found the right guy for my psoriatic arthritis

August 27th, 2013

Called the office to schedule an emergency visit. I'm in a lot of unbearable pain. I can barely walk and not sure if will be able to get to the office on a later date. Was told by the receptionist that the doctor is booked and there's nothing she can do. I asked to contact Dr. Porges and ask if I could come in right before they closed. Still a no. It will be hard to trust the office moving forward. I can't say that this is Dr. Porges fault he probably is not even aware I called. I have to say that I do like him as a professional.

November 20th, 2012

Great Doctor

Iv'e been going to Dr Porges since 1994 all I can say is he's the best around, makes you fell at ease and is so socialable, I would'nt trade him for the world.

October 3rd, 2012

Dr. Porges knows exactly what he is ding and he REALLY LISTENS TO YOU.

August 1st, 2012

Excellent Doctor

Dr. Porges is perhaps one of the most intelligent and knowledgeble doctors on Long Island. He observes you carefully to assess the condition of your joints, offer assurance and educate you as to your treatment options. He also has a fabulous wit, so it is a pleasure to laugh heartily when dealing with your illness. He can be hurried at times, but he will never allow anything serious left inattended. He answers questions thoroughly. His medical staff are patient, gentle and compassionate. His office staff are brief with you, but knowledgeable and efficient. I like him as a person and I respect him as a physician.

September 19th, 2011

DR PORGES APPEARS TO BE VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT R.A. and takes time to share information with this patient. HE AND HIS STAFF ARE FRIENDLY AND WILLING TO HELP THE PATIENT IN ANY WAY APPROPIATE.

August 16th, 2011

My overall experience with Dr. Porges has been excellent. His diagnosis was thorough and accurate; he prescribed a more than adequate treatment to my situation. Try to get an early appointment during the day as he does get backed up a little as the day progressesI highly recommend Dr. Porges.

August 15th, 2011

very disappointed

I agree with most of the comments made . His ability to give a good diagnosis was not there. When calling for any help you never get to talk to the Doctor who should be alerted and your call back comes from whomever it is. I was given a RX with no milligrams on it so it had to be returned because it couldn't be filled, well who wrote this out the parking attendant? It scares me to think of who's treating the patients.

May 7th, 2010

My impression is that he knows his specialty and is up to date on recent innovations in field. However, no time spent on Blood pressure reading, physical exam. No followup on blood tests taken. I would appreciate better followup and some examination time instead of just talking.

February 23rd, 2010

You have got to be kidding doctor Porges!!!!!

I went to Dr. Porges with a very high sed rate, much pain and a long history of problems. After being told to undress and put on a gown by the nurse, I was visited by the doctor who never laid a hand on me. He sat in the chair and addressed me without touching me for one second, not a pulse reading, blood pressure reading, stethoscope check (for all he knows I don't have a heart), no muscle tests, no nothing. He was in a hurry to go on his vacation and it showed. I finally called 10 days after my appt. to see what he had to say about the blood test results, and he didn't even get on the phone. The secretary said "you have borderline gout" so just follow the diet. When I told her he rushed me and never touched me for an exam she must have alerted the doctor. I got a rapid reply from the sec'y that he didn't give me a good exam because I was rushed in as an emergency and he couldn't take much time with me but if I wanted to come back he would spend more time with the exam. Meanwhile, his office was totally empty of patients since the weather report was stormy and the nurse even said she couldn't understand the lack of patients that day. Totally void of patients was more like what I would say. Maybe that's because when you go to a doctor for a first exam you would like the doctor to spend time getting to know you and examine you to come to a conclusion why you are in so much pain. He was totally uncaring and sped me thru the exam like he was being timed in the Olympics. That might be why the amt. of patients was so low. They didn't take me as an emergency, instead it was because he had so many cancellations, as per his sec'y. As far as I am concerned, Dr. Porges can shred my records. He didn't even have the decency to forward my report to my oncologist who needed to see what my results were, and not even to my internist who was nice enough to recommend him. Maybe he shouldn't have recommended him after all. Looks like I am back to square one and need a rheumatologist who is caring and knows what he's doing after all.

October 2nd, 2009

There's doctors....then there's Doctors! The Best!

Great Office, Great Staff, Great Doctor.......Great Experience!

September 10th, 2008

Excellent Doctor

Saved my life. Thorough, caring, answers all your questions - does not rush you.