Dr. Andrew Pundy MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Park Ridge, IL

3.2

July 23rd, 2015
Run don't see him
I'm a former patient. Sadly I spent more years then l want to admit. Over 20 yrs. And just like his review from (K) who had to go to another Doctor just to deal with Dr. Pundy's inappropriate behavior. And yes he was always late , he talked about how his wife wouldn't do his laundry for him any more and so on. I also was his favorite patient. I had every mental illness that there is out there. (According to Pundy) and I took every medication on the market. And the thing he repeated to me over and over. No other Doctor would ever see me. Only he would deal with someone as sick as me. Well it's been many many years, since I fired him ,and been off of all those pills he gave me and the last Dr. I saw told me I don't need him, I have the skills to take care of myself. That was about 8 yrs ago. I have known for a long time ,Dr Pundy needs help. I pray that he gets it.

March 12th, 2015
Dr. Pundy is a top notch psychiatrist, in addition to a very caring and genuine person.

February 24th, 2015
Former patient
As of 2015 I'm no longer a patient of Dr.Pundy:) I began seeing him in late 2010. I have severe depression & have anxiety since my divorce in 2009. He Immediately put me on antidepressants after my first appointment and wanted me to come twice a month. By mid 2010 I was completely dependent on him for everything In my life. I felt I couldn't make a decision without his help and at times felt even more depressed.He then began wanting me to see him weekly for 45 min. He became almost dominating with me. Constant hugs before and after my appointments, wanting to do holding of hands during our talks, sitting close to me and compliments every time I saw him. It did help my self esteem but it was like he was hitting on me?! When I started a new relationship he seemed almost disappointed & quite jealous. He I started to feel guilty and even more depressed! I can only say that I'm now glad I terminated with him and seeing a different psychiatrist whom is helping me overcome being in his care. I was completely taken advantage of and he manipulated me for years. I now know it was completely not my fault & feel happier than ever. He also would talk to me in detail about other patients and constantly tell me "I was special and his favorite." I can only hope he gets some help for himself bc something isn't right. As part of my new therapy I'm writing this for closure and in hope to help someone else.

November 6th, 2014
the negative reviews are u founded. Dr Pundy saved my life!!! He is a kind considerate talented Doctor. Yes he runs late- but that's because he spends the time when needed and people's feelings and problems don't always run a schedule. If it were it for him I would still be in a dark cloud of depression. He pulled me out of - I had dealt with depression my whole life.

January 15th, 2014
Not great. Very uncomfortable.
Dr. Pundy is not a great doc. He knows a lot about benzos but his approach is very uncomfortable. I felt manipulated. He did mention other patients which is totally not cool. Also, he is always late. There was not an appointment where he was on time. It was always 25 minutes late. He found a market and is exploiting it.

February 6th, 2012
DR PUNDY'S PATIENT
HELLO I HAVE BEEN A PATIENT OF DOCTOR PUNDY FOR SEVERAL YEARS. I WAS, AT ONE TIME, ATTEMPTING TO "SEND MYSELF TO HEAVEN", NICELY PUT, AS I ...

December 19th, 2011
Good
My experience with dr. pundy the past 4 years has been good. He is caring and spends time with me to work out anything. Always gives good advice. I feel I am a better person because of him. I would recommend him.

July 31st, 2011
Not good!
I went to see this Dr. Pundy after my therapist of 3 years relocated! I was disappointed to say the least! First I expected he may be late after reading the reviews but I waited 18 minutes and was offered no apology and his secretary never even spoke a word to me the whole time I sat there..she could of at least told me he was running late! Dr. Pundy seemed a bit unkept and looked at the clock at least 3 times during my appt!! RUDE! The whole thing was a waste of time and I didn't feel comfortable with him at all! Will not be returning!
Doctor's Response

he is not a therapist...fyi

July 28th, 2011
After reading some reviews I felt the need to post the truth!! Dr. Pundy is a BRILLIANT man and has years of experience with all types of issues! I have been a patient for almost 2 years! I originally went to him after weeks of depression over a break up and anxiety. I found him to be very attentive to my needs!I find him to be late often but most GOOD doctors are. He never seems to rush me in my appointment. I do agree with one review written on him offering a lot of pills but never felt obligated to take them. Dr. Pundy is one of the last of a generation that I feel is well trained and educated in a way I appreciate and trust! Very happy with him:)

June 14th, 2011
Waste of time
After having insomnia and stress from work I went to see dr. Pundy! I was disappointed by the wait time.. Dr. Pundy offered no apology. I was offered a number of pills after just 30 min appt. Strange!! He seemed rushed and not to be like the other reviews I have read. Very disapointing! Would not return!!!!!