Dr. Andrew Mcintosh MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.7

September 23rd, 2016
Outstanding Pediatric Neurologist
Outstanding pediatric neurologist! I have had way too much experience with pediatric neurologists. Not many of those experiences have been positive ones. This is the first time we have been to a neurologist who gets down on my son's level, talks to him and not through him, listens to my son and what he has to say and makes my son feel special, important and normal instead of a kid who has some different neurological issues. His office is warm, friendly, fun for kids and relaxing for parents. This is the first time I have not dreaded our neurologist visits. I highly recommend Dr. McIntosh to anyone needing a pediatric neurologist.

August 30th, 2016
I would definitely recommend Dr McIntosh.
I can't say enough positive things about our experience while visiting Dr. McIntosh's office. We came in as worried parents with lots of questions and concerns. Dr. McIntosh took his time to to view our daughter scans and discuss with us what he was seeing. He was able to explain things in a manner which we were able to understand easily. It's refreshing to have a doctor that will listen to your concerns and encourage questions. Besides being very warm and friendly, the staff was knowledgeable and efficient with setting up test and appointments. The added bonus was the child friendly office waiting room.

June 25th, 2016
My daughters pediatrician Dr Shannon recommend Dr Macintosh after we found out she was having seizures. Dr Macinstosh was very caring and took his time diagnosing my daughter. He gave us hope and a great plan for the future. A few years later my daughters epilepsy took a turn. After many tests and medication changes Dr Macintosh put his heart and soul into helping my daughter. My daughter had a 0% chance of driving, along with many other things, and now because of Dr. Macintosh my daughter is driving and has been completely seizure free for over a year. I am beyond thankful for Dr. Macintosh and the things he has done to help my daughter and our family. He truly cares and wants to help his patients and I highly recommend him. He is such a caring kind person and I cannot express how grateful I am for all his help, hope, and guidance.

June 17th, 2016
Worth The Drive
Dr. Andrew McIntosh came highly recommended to us. I was impressed with the efficiency of the office staff and the thoroughness in which Dr. McIntosh evaluated my son. After evaluating him, he had a plan and set it in motion and he was great at listening. I was also grateful for the receptionist who quickly scheduled my son after hearing about the symptoms he was having. Instead of us having to wait two months, she fit us in the next week.

May 17th, 2016
Review
I really liked that dr. McIntosh talked with me before he talked with my son. He listened to my concerns, and I felt like he listened carefully to everything I had to say. He got down to my sons level when he talked with him. The appointment was easy, my son wasn't scared or nervous. I enjoyed being able to talk and feel like I was heard. The only thing I did not like was how long it took me to get the appt. They were scheduled a few months out.

April 1st, 2016
So amazing to find a neurologist that is thorough, caters to your needs and is extremely kind. Dr McIntosh and his entire staff are friendly & helpful and go above and beyond to help you with whatever you need. He was fantastic with my son and explained everything very clearly that made it easy to understand. I wouldn't go anywhere else & I thank him and his staff for a fantastic experience

February 10th, 2016
Amazing
I wish I could give more than 5 stars! My daughter had her first appointment with Dr McIntosh yesterday! Two of her current doctors recommend him, so we made the hour and half drive. I didn't have high hopes...we typically leave a Dr appointment with no answers, no plan and lots of tears. Yesterday was the first time any Dr had given us any hope! Dr McIntosh, was thorough, kind and most importantly had a plan to start helping our daughter! He was not rushed and spent as much time as we needed to answer any questions. No, he does not take PPO insurance, but I don't care! You will pay any amount of money if someone can actually help your children! I will continue to pay out of pocket and drive the hour and a half, because it is beyond worth it!! If your on the fence about taking your child to see him....just do it! You will not be disappointed

February 3rd, 2016
Dr. Andrew McIntosh is Absolutely Wonderful!
It is my pleasure and honor to express my deepest and most heartfelt appreciation for the kindness, professionalism and excellent care that Dr. Andrew McIntosh provides my son and our family. Dr. McIntosh achieves this exceptional recommendation based on his patient care by going above and beyond by providing the best care for our son. The sensitivity and support of Dr. McIntosh and his fine staff help us through all of the medical details while remaining focused on providing the highest and best quality of care. We have had the pleasure of being patients of Dr. McIntosh for nearly 7 years and it has been our privilege to be recipients of his excellence care. And it is without hesitation that I provide Dr. McIntosh with the highest, most valuable, excellent recommendation for every aspect of him, his staff and his entire practice. Thank you Dr. McIntosh!

October 21st, 2015
Amazing Doctor and Office Staff
What a blessing to have found Dr. McIntosh so close to home. Even If we lived hours away I would still be driving to see him for my six year old son. Our first visit today was wonderful from start to finish. The ladies in the office are kind, helpful and very friendly, not just on the phone but in person also. They make you feel so welcome in the office! Dr. McIntosh is just so amazing. He has a gentle, kind and loving manner. He was amazing with our son and with us (the parents) as well. He has an incredible understanding of children and it shows in everything he does from evaluation to diagnosis and explaining in clear terms the steps that need to be taken next. I can't stress enough how wonderful Dr. McIntosh and his office staff have been. What could have been a very anxious time for all of us turned out to be a beneficial and wonderful experience.

October 17th, 2015
Dr. Mcintosh is amazing!
Dr. McIntosh is the best there is!! We started noticing some issues with our daughter and after looking at hours of scary reviews I came across Dr. McIntosh. The reviews calmed my anxiety but those only go until it meets reality. And the reality turned out that the reviews were all true. The office staff was everything you would want from an office staff. They were efficient, friendly with not only myself but with my daughter and my son. So I called to see how it would be to make an appt. I told one of the office staff what was going on and where I lived. It was a little distance away. She asked me some questions which showed she was on top of things. Then she asked if she could check with the doctor. She came back and she said he wanted an EEG done right away. They had their tech come in special for my daughter the next day. The EEG was done with ease and the tech was visibly skilled at what she did. When I had first gotten there with my kids the doctor came over and asked if this was Emma sweetly with a smile towards her and then introduced himself by his first name only! I was totally blown away. The next day we came in to see him and he was already fully versed in the results of the EEG. He sweetly told my son and daughter that he was going to take mom and dad into the other room to talk to them but everything is good. It's no big deal. He sat down and discussed in detail how the brain works as far as the results of the EEG and what our results were. We asked questions and he talked with us like he was sitting in our house with no other appointments in his day. It so allowed me to hear what he was saying and to think of what questions to ask. We weren't rushed at all. He answered many of my many questions before I even asked. He then asked if there was any other questions. He then brought Emma into the room and spoke with her. My daughter is shy with strangers but he was so sweet with her talking directly to her. I could not believe this type of doctor still exists. When it's a doctor for your kids, you can't think of having anyone that is not top of the line. Well Dr McIntosh is the best of any doctor I have ever met and I have seen many doctors with myself and my parents. He and his staff should get awards for how they treated us. So I will be posting this review anywhere I can find a spot!

June 20th, 2015
What are our options
I consider my son to be borderline ADD, so it is hard for us to truly know if medication is the right answer. Dr. McIntosh has given us perspective and options.

January 25th, 2015
I would recommend Dr. Mcintosh!
Dr. Mcintosh is a wonderful doctor, and very good with our 14 year old son, diagnosed with Aspergers and ADHD. He takes the time to listen to my concerns, and is so knowledgable in his ability to describe different meds and help choose the best ones for our son. I am thankful to have him as our sons doctor.