Dr. Andrew Reikes MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

July 3rd, 2015
Would not recommend for treatment of hypothyroidism
I would avoid this doctor when it comes to hypothyroidism. Unfortunately, Dr. Reikes's absolute faith in the TSH test (which he takes into consideration more than a patient's symptoms) means that he fails to diagnose or properly treat many patients who are hypothyroid or have Hashimoto's. His views about the reliability of the TSH test and the unreliability of Armour thyroid are outdated and wrong. (I.e. he mischaracterises the TSH test as supremely accurate for diagnosing/treating hypothyroidism--when this is absolutely not the case--and he says that Armour is unreliable and made poorly, both of which are untrue.)

March 31st, 2015
Have been seeing Dr. Reikes for nearly 14 years. Great doctor!

September 25th, 2013
Dr Reikes is the best doctor I have ever had. He takes the time to figure out what's wrong . Communication with Dr Reikes is excellent .

July 29th, 2012
Excellent Physician
A dedicated, knowledgeable, honest physician. He has been my Doctor for over 20 years and I always feel that I'm getting the latest and most up to date medical care possible. He takes an interest in "you" and your overall health care. I recommend him most highly!!!

October 25th, 2010
He is a great dr.

August 24th, 2010
Excellent Care and excellent Doctor!!
Overall my experience with Dr. Reikes was exceptional. I went to see him for a second opinion and now I'm staying with him as my primary endo. Although it was about a month wait to see him, it was well worth the wait. His office staff was courteous. Dr. Reikes spent almost 2 hours talking with me and explaining all possible options for treatment. He went over all of my labs with me and explained everything in great detail. I loved his kind and sympathetic approach. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is in need of an endocrinologist

June 29th, 2010
internal medicine care.
Have been a patient for over 5 years of Dr Riekes, I am over 60. He has done a good job on follow up and referrals when required.Have not had any problems with his knowledge of my long term problems, nor any billing or administrative problems.

May 14th, 2010
I came prepared to the appointment with my medical records which allowed Dr. Reikes to view background information on my particular concern, which he read, discussed and then had copied.Additional testswere scheduled, including appointments with specialists. A very comforting doctor and very knowledgeable.