Dr. Andrew Risner MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 19th, 2017
Useless Doctor
This doctor would not treat me at all. He asked me who my doctor was and called her and said he set up an appointment with her to see me. I could not walk because of extreme pain from my feet and he didn't give me anything. I left there and went to another hospital where I had surgery. This was an emergency and he treated me like I just had a little bruise. I hope nobody else has to go through what I had to.

April 20th, 2017
Dr. Risner is Amazing
I went to LWRM last evening, not certain of the care I would receive as I was extremely ill-and had heard mixed reviews of the care there. Dr. Risner was in my room before the registration clerk said, if there is anything else I can do-let me know. From there I knew I'd made the Perfect Choice! He was a God-Send! I felt the passion he exhibits in his work from the moment he spoke. He was not afraid to touch me, and focused directly on me when I asked questions and when he spoke. I felt like I was the reason for his being there, and that I was not a bother. The immediate concern for me the patient was apparent and evident-even before he knew if I was poor or wealthy (as evidenced by insurance or lack thereof). I was moved so much by his Great Care-that I found this review as I was looking to recommend him to my co-workers. I was sad to hear that this Angel was an ER Physician only, but then God knows who would be best served by his compassion. His bedside manner deserves an Oscar! My name is Mary Burton I Highly Recommend Dr. Andrew Risner to anyone who is in a position of receiving the services he provides medical care for.

August 31st, 2016
Another missed diagnosis
I'm not sure this guy should be practicing medicine. Didn't even come to see my husband in the ER for 1 second - sent a nurse and a PA. Sent him home with pain meds when he had a triple fracture in his arm and a fractured pelvis. How in the heck can you miss that????? Probably in ER medicine because only place he can be hired. Only picked 1 star because you can't pick zero stars!!!!

October 1st, 2015
I saw this doctor when I was admitted to the energy room at Lakewood Ranch Medical Center. The admission nurse listened to my symptoms and said it was most likely my gall bladder, which is what I thought and made sense since everyone in my family for generations has gall bladder problems, however for the two minutes this doctor talked to me he told me I had a muscle strain and send me home with pain meds. I followed up with my primary care doctor due to the pain I was still in, and less than a week after seeing this doctor I had surgery, and had my gall bladder removed. He took no time to listen to me, my symptoms, or my pain, and sent me on my way with the easiest diagnosis he could. I would never recommend him to anyone.

July 20th, 2012
Worst doctor ever!
Went to ER (@St Pete General) with SEVERE abdominal pains. He ran an EKG even when I knew it wasn't my heart, and when that came back okay, he never checked back in with me. In fact, the nurse and nursing supervisor couldn't find him for the next 5 hours! When he did return, he told me it was gas and sent me home with a prescription (which turned out to be for over the counter Mylanta). I asked him to check gallbladder, but he wouldn't run blood test or even test urine. 5 days later I had an emergency surgery to remove gallbladder.

April 24th, 2009
Stroke
He misdiagnosed me, siad I "pulled a muscle". Had an emergency craniotomy 4 days later. Not by him, thankfully

July 29th, 2017