Ophthalmologist (eyes)

3.0

Optimal Experience show details Optimal Experience
Oct 10th, 2012

I was concerned about an eye change, got an appointment for the next day. I found the office staff courteous and friendly. And Dr. Romanowski seemed efficient, competent and patient with me. He got a lot done in a short period of time, but still paused to answer any questions I had. Even after an initial exam with a nurse, the taking of retinal photos, a 30-minute wait while my eyes dilated, then a full exam with the doc, I was out of the office in an hour.

bad diagnosis, doesn't listen show details bad diagnosis, doesn't listen
Oct 5th, 2012

I went for a referral to his retina specialist (who is good) and at the time I went I was sitting bedside with my dying brother, and so had headaches, was tired, etc. my symptoms were all about a possible retina problem, and romanowski sent in an order for an mri/mra. I explained several times that i did not want that referral, that I had no issues with my overall health (tired is NORMAL when sitting in a hospital every day), but that I wanted my retina referral. I finally had ro badger the office to get it (he woudl not give me THAT) and yes, the very good retina doc (yokum) said indeed I had a retina issue. Meanwhile, the referral for the mra/mri is driving my insurance costs up, and i appealed to dr. romanowski but he is sticking to it -- so eve my 4-page letter (i doubt he read it) is influencing his decisions to refer me for a very expensive procedure when in fact I had what I thought i had and what is OWN SPECIALIST also thinks I have. MY INSURANCE IS GOING UP BASED ON THIS. Stay away from this man.

romanowski was the worst doctor I have ever had show details romanowski was the worst doctor I have ever had
Jan 16th, 2012

All he did was poke and prod my eyeball to the point of excruciating pain making it hurt more than when I came in. After he made the problem worse he denied he did anything wrong. Then proceeded to tell me he would not help me with my pain that he made worse in the first place! Just so you are clear not only was he not competent enough to make a diagnosis, he made the pain excruciatingly worse and refused to own up to it. then refused to help ease my suffering from the pain that he has helped cause !

Dec 12th, 2011