Dr. Andrew Sambell Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Andrew Sambell?

March 24th, 2017

Beware

Beware if you want confidentiality.

May 6th, 2016

The front office staff could stand some customer service training. Go in office to check in and don't get a hello or anything other than $ amount we owe. Not once did the front office staff smile or make us feel welcome. Even on the phone they aren't pleasant. The only plus to the office is Dr. Sambell and his nurse. They were welcoming, concerned, helpful and went out of their way to make us feel comfortable.

April 16th, 2014

Great doctor, horrible receptionist

My husband had a vasectomy a few months ago. He had previously seen Dr Sambell a few years ago for a bladder infection and now and then he was a great doctor. He was very kind, great bedside manner. He seemed concered about my husband during both visits. He was good anout answering any questions throughly, and in "non-medical" terms that we could easily understand. That being said....if we had not had the first good experience with him and if he wasn't so nice and a good doctor, we would have gone elsewhere. Why? His front desk receptionist. She was rude to my husband his first visit several years ago, and we thought surely if she's like that to all the patients that come in then surely she won't be working there when we went back 5 years later. WRONG! Walked in and there she was. She is the most rude, thoughtless, stubborn, unprofessional medical "professional" (and I use the word professional very loosely when referring to her) that I have ever delt with in the medical field in my life. There was some confusion with our insurance and rather than help us figure it out, she would just repeat herself, over and over. Sorry lady, saying it 10 times doesn't fix the problem. When we tried to work out a payment plan (our part of the surgery was $700, we wanted to pay $500 down then pay out the last $200 she wouldn't even consider it, (and I had spoken with the clinic's billing office and they didn't see why that would be a problem) She wouldn't ask the doctor or anything. Before the surgery my husband had a couple questions for the doctor, he called the office and spoke to this receptionist the day before, told her he had questions and he never got a return call. So on the day of my husband's vasectomy he again told her that he had a couple questions for Dr. Sambell that he needed answered before he proceeded with the surgery. We checked in and she kind of acted like well I dont know if you can talk to him first. So I said can you please ask him. She walks back and asks him, I hear him say of course, send him back. She walks back and says to someone else (not sure who, couldn't see the other person) "if he doesn't have the surgery I'll have to charge him for an office visit" Seriously! Then we are talking to the doctor, he answers the questions and my husband and I asked for a minute alone, we discuss, tell the doctor we are ready, and here she comes, directing me to go up front and pay. I was in the middle of a conversation with my husband and said just one minute and she just motioned with her hand for me to come up front again. I said I will be there in a minute, and she rolled her eyes and walked off. I honestly don't know how this woman gets away with being so incredibly rude. But long story short, great doctor, terrible receptionist. Which is sad, because she's the first person in the office that you encounter. I wouldn't be surprised if she hasn't turned a lot of people away.

December 23rd, 2011

my dad requires a urinary catheter which became painful and clogged. he had previously seen this doctor for the catheter to be changed. after the home health nurse did nothing to alleviate my dad's discomfort, this doctor worked him in to see him, changed his catheter, and prescribed an antibiotic--this was a busy office day for this doctor

October 20th, 2011

Worst Urologist Ever!

It's all about the money! If you don't have it then forget it! Forget him!

January 24th, 2011

The worst receptionist I have ever come across!

I have no complaints about Dr. Sambell. His receptionist is a totally different matter! This woman is the rudest and most thoughtless person I have ever come across. On two different visits that were over 1 year apart I waited over an hour in the waiting room. On both occasions I walked out without seeing the Dr. On both occasions patients that came in after me were allowed in to see the Dr. On the last visit after waiting an hour I heard the receptionist telling another patient that Dr. Sambell was in surgery and she didn't know when he would make it back to the office! Did it ever occur to her to share that knowledge with me? NO! When I questioned her she said she was sorry and would I like to continue waiting. I said no and walked out the door. She had unmitigated gall to follow me outside and ask if I would like to schedule another appointment! That is as close as I have ever come to punching a woman in the face! I'll never return to this good Dr. due to the help he continues to employ. Maybe the receptionist is his wife or something!

August 12th, 2010

uncaring

Dr several years ago when I saw him and was on my company insurance was really helpful and seemed caring. Now that I'm disabled and on Medicare, he has a new attitude, not as caring and prescribed a medication in an overdose mg. per my pharmacist......now experiencing problems with stricture in my throat and various other organs because of it. Sorry can't rate him well at all, or his assistant nurse, she has an attitude problem.

February 26th, 2010

I have always had a very good experience when visiting Dr. Sambell. I was referred to Dr. Sambell for an "ongoing" treatment that would require constant monitoring and administration of medication. Dr. Sambell treated me as a person and followed up well and made sure that I was able to be self sufficient in my treatment and not need to make weekly visits. He has always treated me in a professional manner. I would definitely recommend Dr. Sambell to anyone in the need of a good Urologist.

February 18th, 2010

Office Staff is crooked

Double charge new patients, over charge for visits, the staff will lie to your face about the cost of services. Please double check your bill your self with your insurance co.

September 5th, 2017