A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Andrew Sands:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Andrew Sands is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Andrew Sands, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Leg Fracture (Tibial Fractures)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Sands graduated from New York Medical College, Valhalla. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Sands has 16 hospital affiliations:
- St Vincent's Midtown Hospital
- Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Sands accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Unicare - 10 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Affinity Health Plan - 5 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 3 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Health Plus - 3 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Andrew K. Sands practice?
Dr. Andrew Sands practices Orthopaedic Surgery near New York, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Brooklyn, NY.
See New York Orthopedic Surgeons.