Dr. Andrew Schimel Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Andrew Schimel?

May 28th, 2017

Blessed to have him as our doctor

From blindness to seeing, truly blessed by the lord. We are grateful to have found him to be our doctor.

February 1st, 2017

Great Experience

Kind, helpful, successful treatment. What else could you ask for? I tell everyone about Dr. Schimel.

December 15th, 2016

Highest recommendation

Fixed a problem no other retina specialist could fix. Super nice and caring the whole time. So happy I found him after doing a lot of research to figure out who is the best. Don't let the young age fool you, he was better than all the gray haired doctors I saw!

July 24th, 2016

Wonderful

Wonderful Doctor, highest recommendation

April 8th, 2014

Macular hole master!

When I had my macular hole, Dr. Schimel saved the day! I only had to be face down for 45 minutes/hour instead of the full hour and he let me sleep on my side instead of face down. The surgery was super easy and my hole closed! I am doing great now and so happy I went to see Dr. Schimel. (I had first gone to see the "famous" macular hole doctor at the "fancy" hospital in Miami first, but didn't like that guy much. I am so happy I trusted my gut feeling and went to see Dr. Schimel instead!) I send all of my friends to Dr. Schimel now. Don't let the fact that he looks very young fool you, he is the best!!

April 7th, 2014

Dr Schimel, Is absolutely fantastic!!!! From the moment he walks in the room you know you are in the room with a great dr. He has a very relaxed yet very confident demeanor. Takes his time to explain everythng in detail, answer all questions. You just know he really cares about your eye. All I can say is he is the BEST!!!!

December 8th, 2013

Great doctor

Great doctor. Highest recommendation for retina problems.

December 8th, 2013

The scariest day

About one year ago I awoke with a significant retina issue in my left eye. I called my long time eye doctor and was told to come in immediately. He took one look and said "wait here for Dr. Schimel". Scary. Dr. Schimel came into the room in a few minutes along with his assistant Anais. From that first meeting, Dr. Schimel's entire demeanor was reassuring. Over the past 65+ years I have been through a lot with more than my share of "close calls". Thinking about completely losing vision in one eye was at or near the top of the list. One of the few times in my life I was truly scared. From day one every single time I have been examined by Dr. Schimel has been a very pleasant and, frankly, uplifting experience. He was patient and understanding with all of my questions, calmly repeating answers that I did not initially understand. For reasons not here relevant I could not undergo the normal corrective procedure for my retina issue. Dr. Schimel's attitude was "no problem. We will do things a little differently and it will all work out." I know it took a lot more time and effort on Dr. Schimel's part to do it differently. His response and attitude from day one was "no problem. That's why we are here." Dr. Schimel's assistant, Anais, has been equally kind and helpful. She also has a very calm demeanor and is very helpful in answering procedural questions, etc. They are a great match. The Center for Excellence in Eye Care is a very large practice with a large staff of doctors, support staff, etc. Dr. Schimel has the personality and demeanor that truly makes you feel that you are the only patient in the place. I have had 7-8 follow-up visits with Dr. Schimel to make sure all has (and is) going well. Fortunately, all has gone very well, thanks solely to Dr. Schimel's skills. The good news is he is young and will be around a long time. Should I have any other retina issues or related issues in his areas of specialization, Dr. Schimel will be the only ophthalmologist I will trust with my vision - period.

November 27th, 2013

Great Experience

Great experience. Wonderful doctor

November 27th, 2013

mothers appt

My mom is diabetic and was diagnosed with something called diabetic retinopathy. Our eye doctor sent her to Dr. Schimel at Baptist. I never write reviews but when I felt like this doctor had gone above and beyond to help my mom I wanted to spread the news. He squeezed her into his busy schedule and was so nice answering all of her many questions (and mymom could ask alot). He made her feel so much better after we were both so scared with the diagnosis she just got. He made us both feel like everything was okay after we had just been told she had this and there was a huge fear she might go blind. He is seeing her again for a follow up exam in 2 weeks and I feel so safe that she is with the best doctor in Miami. I want everyone who has a parent with this disease to know or anyone that needs a retina exam, go to Dr. Schimel, he is the best!!! THank you!

November 25th, 2013

Great Doctor with great staff!!!

From the moment I entered the office I knew I was in good hands. Throughout my experience at the time of my appointment, not only was I impressed by the friendly staff but also the doctor's bedside manners. He explained in detail and addressed every single one of my concerns. His patience with me and my many questions was remarkable. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Schimel to all my friends and family!!

November 25th, 2013

Principal

Dr. Schimel is the best doctor I could recommend to anyone. I have sent my wife and grandparents to him already. He was able to diagnose my issues when no one else could. I would recommend everyone to see him.