Surgeons

Westwood
100 Ucla Medical Plz
Los Angeles, CA 90024
310-825-5000
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

|  Big rip off  |  show details
by Tony D on Sep 7th, 2014

Ucla Hospital called the day before the appointment and said " Bring $100 with you". Dr Swartz spent less than 15 min to tell me that I had tennis elbow. I already knew that. A couple weeks later a bill for $945.00 for the Dr,s office visit. It was the classic bait and switch.

|  show details
Apr 23rd, 2014

Dr. Stephen A. Schwartz is a very friendly and knowledgeable practitioner. He answered all of my questions about my hand fracture such as home management, casting, follow-up, and progression of disease. However, the overall experience of interacting with the staff (orthopedic technicians and RNs) was quite poor. For example, the orthopedic technician Eric at the Westwood hand center did not know that Dr. Schwartz wanted a finger extension on the cast and opted not to place one based on his own opinion. I told him that I heard Dr. Schwartz verbally say "finger extension please". It made me nervous that the tech. placing my cast did not bother to read the MD's order on the computer system to verify if the cast needed a finger extension. I had to tell him to please check the written order because I was not sure exactly what type of finger extension was ordered (although I overheard that I needed one). On a follow-up call after the cast had been taken off, I requested a note for work over the telephone. I was instructed to call the 310-825-2278 number for the request. Unfortunately, I spoke with the nurse Eve who was extremely rude and impatient. I was not sure how long Dr. Schwartz wanted me to restrict lifting objects of a certain weight at work and communicated this to her suggesting that she ask him for his recommendation. Eve raised her voice in her reply saying that I was supposed to know how long I am not to go to work or lift heavy objects. I told her that I was not sure. She then said she would call me back later in the day to follow-up with Dr. Schwartz. I still have not heard back from her or the clinic. Overall, I would not recommend the Westwood Hand Clinic due to possibility of the technicians not following MD orders. I also would not recommend calling the clinic and speaking with Eve due to her crassness and unpolished way of speaking to patients like myself. I will say that the Santa Monica staff was prompt and wonderful when I got my cast removed and had my follow-up X-ray. The x-ray technician Adrianna was very kind and knowledgeable as was the technician Travis who helped with the office intake and patient interview.

|  AVOID this doctor!  |  show details
by Audie on May 23rd, 2013

If I could give zero stars I would. The worst doctor experience EVER. Please do not see this man. He is clueless, has no bedside manner, shows little care about his patient (in this case, me). I begged him for a cortisone injection and was denied. I had to ask for physical therapy and when I checked the order, he checked off occupational therapy. I think he is tired and not interested in what he does any longer. This is the impression I got from him. I literally left the office crying because he couldn't help me. PLEASE avoid Dr. Schwartz and find someone else who might care.

|  show details
Nov 13th, 2012

Best orthopeadic I've seen for my multipleProblems

|  TERRIBLE DOCTOR  |  show details
Jan 3rd, 2012

Perhaps its because i'm young or because i have HMO insurance i had such a horrible experience with this doctor. Even so, there IS NO REASON FOR AN ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON TO OVERLOOK A BROKEN PELVIS!! there wasnt a tiny crack in my pelvis, it was completely broken! i didnt ask him for pain pills, i begged in tears for another xray or perhaps an mri.... he laughed me out of his office. Consequently i walked around 3 months with a broken pelivs.

|  ONE IN A MILLION!!  |  show details
May 9th, 2011

DR SCHWARTZ IS ONE A MILLION. HIS BED SIDE MANOR WAS SO REFRESHING! HE SPOKE TO ME LIKE REAL PERSON,NOT A MEDICAL NUMBER. I HAVE NEVER HAD MY DIAGNOSIS EXPLAINED TO ME SO CLEARLY,I LEFT THERE UNDERSTANDING MY CONDITION AND WHAT I COULD TO HELP MYSELF BEFORE POSSIBLE SURGERY.OTHER DOCTORS SHOULD TAKE NOTES!

|  Great orthopaedist!  |  show details
May 5th, 2011

Dr. Schwartz is a wonderful and caring doctor. He spent ample time with me going over all possible options to help my knee so I could avoid having surgery. I highly recommend him.

|  H  |  show details
May 5th, 2011

Excellent diagnosticianCompassion and caringGreat bedside manner

|  Outstanding orthopedist  |  show details
by Judy on Mar 25th, 2011

First time I saw Dr. Schwartz was in June 2010 for a shoulder problem. He recommended conservative treatment, which worked. The second time was an emergency; I had hurt my knee in Prague and was able to get an appointment with Dr. Schwartz the day after I arrived home! Again, the treatment was conservative and effective. I think he's fabulous!

|  Best orthopedist  |  show details
Mar 29th, 2009

The most caring, professional,helped me with my back problem where several other doc could not. I would highly recomend making Dr.Schwartz your first choice for any orthopedic problem you may have