Dr. Andrew Scoma MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

December 15th, 2015
Best Endo
I saw Dr. Scoma from 2003 to 2007; we had to move to another state, I would beat my life on him! He was very informative, helpful and honest. He caught my thyroid cancer and took care of it. I miss him as my endocrinologist

January 7th, 2015
No New Patients: Dr.Scoma is retiring
I was informed Dr. Scoma is retiring after several attempts to make an appointment and no call back. No new patients.

July 24th, 2014
Addison's Disease
I've only seen Dr Scoma today for the first time. I've had my complaints (extreme fatigue, muscle soreness, nausea, shortness of breath . . . and more) dismissed by my primary care doctor and dermatologist for several months. I went to see a nephrologist a few weeks ago because of decreased kidney function. He felt I had Addison's and referred me to Dr Scoma. I was really apprehensive, especially after reading some of these reviews. But, Dr. LaGatta assured me Dr Scoma would also listen to my concerns and wouldn't be dismissive. He was right! Dr. Scoma was quite attentive and reviewed lab results I brought in. He confirmed the Addison's diagoses, discussed the treatment and plan of care, including lab work, and gave me a printout of the plan. So far, I feel very confident being managed by Dr. Scoma. I can't really rate the office staff as I only had limited interaction. I did get an appointment promptly (next day).

October 21st, 2013
I WAS a patient of Dr. Scoma all he could do w2as raise my insulin. I finally got smart and found a dr who got my diabetes under control.

December 4th, 2011
I do not recommend this doctor
Dr. Scoma told me i may have cancer with zero substantial evidence. He denied me of the blood test that i requested he order and acted as if me being my own advocate was annoying. Oh and by the way I went to another dr and he did do the tests that I asked for and it turns out i have low testosterone and Celiacs disease.

August 29th, 2011
all he could ever do is give me more insulin. and scold me about my weight.

August 4th, 2011
Rude, unprofessional and unknowledgeble staff
Made an appointment and their office called me and said my insurance was secondary which was not true at all. I called my insurance, Medicare, and they said the only other insurance company that they know of was my auto insurance company when I had an auto accident. NOTHING regarding my reason to visit the endrocrinologist. The office told me that they couldn't see me until it was straightened up with the insurance. Well, I called them back and let them know what insurance had to say and I never heard back. Then I get a letter in the mail that was copied to my referring doc that I never showed up for an appointment and to contact my primary doc to schedule another appointment with another endocrinologist as I will not be rescheduled in their office. WELL EXCUSE ME YOU RUDE IDIOTS!!! You were the ones who canceled my appt!!!!! I will never darken their doorway and make sure everyone I know who needs an endocrinologist to forget this place!!!

April 19th, 2011
Rude and uncaring.
Dr. Scoma was rude and condescending offering no help and very little caring. I have a follow up appointment but do not want to see him again. My husband came with me and said that he did not want me to go back to his office again.

March 14th, 2011
Diabetes Doctor for years!!
I have always found Dr. Scoma to be really caring. He has always spent as much time as necessary with me and when necessary has been very available after normal hours. A great doctor!!!!!

January 6th, 2011
Personal review of Dr. Scoma
My overall experience with Dr. Scoma was not what I hoped I'd get. I felt he was rushed and doesn't seem to have a high tollerance for kids. He is a nice man and the staff does get back to you if you call in with any questions. I am in the process of researching other Dr's for my needs.

November 11th, 2010
THIS DOCTOR NEEDS LESSONS ON BEDSIDE MANNERS I MET LADY IN MY PARK AND SHE HAD SAME OPINION OF HIM.I WENT TO HIM THREE TIMES TO GIVE HIM BENEFIT OF DOUBT. OFFICE STAFF WAS NICE BUT HE NEEDS SOME LESSONS ON HOW TO BE KIND TO HIS PATIENTS I HAVE BAD MOUTHED HIM TO EVERYONE I KNOW WHO IS LOOKING FOR AN ENDOCRINOLOGIST SO THEY DO NOT HAVE TO GO THROUGH SAME EXPERIENCE AS WE DID. BAD NEWS

October 13th, 2010
Dr. Scoma is Great
I went to his office in Winter Park and I'm so thankful. I had all kinds of problems related to my thyroid and thanks to his help I feel so much better. Thanks Dr. Scoma!!!