Surgeons, General Practitioner
Stanford University
300 Pasteur Dr
Stanford, CA 94305
650-723-5461
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

|  Highly recommended  |  show details
Jul 16th, 2013

Very compassionate and caring doctor/surgeon. Left the decision for surgery up to me which is huge for a surgeon. There was no pressure. He explained everything in detail and was very receptive to all of my questions. His staff is amazing, both his nurse (Dorothy) and his surgery residents. When issues arose following surgery I received fairly prompt response from his staff. He even checked in on my twice while I was in the hospital following my surgery with him. Very skilled, highly recommend him to anyone looking for a oncology/colo-rectal surgeon.

|  Second opinion  |  show details
Apr 19th, 2012

Great staff. Wait a little long. PA very nice. Dr. Shelton was concise and to the point. Has a sense of humor, and spent the necessary time to answer our questions. We will most likely have him do the surgery, and based just on the first visit would recommend him.

|  Made my sugery easier to understand nd showed compassion  |  show details
Apr 7th, 2012

I was impressed b Dr. Shelton. He and his assistant were very thourough in explaining the surgery which I was going to have. He answered questions that both of my adult children had directly to them. He did go see me during my hospital stay. Dr. Shelton is easy to talk to and I found him to be compassionate.

|  show details
Oct 20th, 2011

|  GOOD Doctor very concise and clear.  |  show details
Jul 1st, 2011

He was caring and clear, did not beat around the bush, told it like it was.

|  Surgical Experience  |  show details
Apr 15th, 2011

Our son was referred to Dr. Shelton when our original surgeon was hurt in a biking accident. We were a little apprehensive at first because Dr. Shelton was going to have to pick up where or first surgeon left off. We meet with Dr. Shelton and he answered all of our questions and his staff was very acommodating. The best part of this process was how attentive Dr. Shelton and his surgical staff were during and after surgery! Everyone was great! The anesthesiologist could sense our anxiousness with the pending surgery for our 14 year old, he asked for our cell phone number prior to surgery. To our amazement we received a text from him telling us that the surgery went well and that Dr. Shelton was just finishing up. Awesome news for parents in the waiting room! During our stay Dr. Shelton himself came each morning and at the end of the day to check on our son and answer any questions we had. Could not have asked for a more positive and reassuring surgical experience. We are scheduled for our son's last and hopefully final surgery in June. Thank you Dr. Shelton!

|  show details
Jan 30th, 2011

Dr. Shelton is positive, confident, and easy to speak to. He was careful in diagnosing problems, but was not afraid to take aggressive actions to resolve them. He spent as much time with the patient and family as needed to answer all questions. He's also personable and would engage in small conversations with patient on topics of interest. His confidence and unassuming attitude gave us confidence in him before and after surgery.

|  Horrible Experience  |  show details
Mar 6th, 2010

I definitely concur with the previous review and would describe Dr. Shelton as arrogant and does not spend much time on his patients. I had to wait more than an hour to see him even though I was on time for my appointment. Also to book an appointment with him could be weeks. I saw a HUGE red flag at my first appointment. I had been just diagnosed with cancer and was seeing Dr. Shelton for treatment options. He walks in clearly not having fully even read my file and had no idea I had cancer. I had to argue with him to insist that I did yet he kept telling me I was mistaken. It was a good thing I had a copy of my own biopsy results to show him. He definitely had access to this information as the biopsy was done at Stanford. After he read it he said, "Well this changes things...." I was so angry and started doubting I had made the right choice in a surgeon despite all the raves he receives from his collegues.He and his team of doctors ended up misdiagnosing the staging of my cancer and recommended everything including radiation, surgery and chemotherapy.Thank God I ended up getting a 2nd opinion and treatment elsewhere. My life would be very different now if I hadn't.

|  Big disappointment  |  show details
Sep 7th, 2008

I had great hopes in anticipation to see this "Stanford" surgeon just to be rushed and brushed over and being handed prescription for completely useless drug in my case. He was arrogant and imposing and I pity his resident student that will learn how "not to give time to the patient" and how to rush through exam without thorough exam. I never even bothered to return for a scheduled "follow up " . Did I mention that he was very rough during the exam and made me sore for days ???? The appointment was compete disaster : ( !