Dr. Andrew Shetter Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Andrew Shetter?

Wonderful Surgeon!

Posted on January 26th, 2016

This wonderful neurosurgeon repaired my L4-5 disc 30 years ago and changed my life profoundly by correcting the extreme pain I was experiencing from a herniated disc. I know many people who have had similar surgery with little to no results, but such was not the case for me. I did my homework and picked a surgeon who was at the top of his field and it worked! Thank you Dr. Shetter for a lifetime of pain free activity!

An amazing surgeon, with great bedside manner and a great staff

Posted on October 31st, 2014

Dr. Shetter has helped me tremendously as well has his medical assistant Diane. The office all friendly. The surgeon is reassuring, always available, he has helped me a tremendous amount fixing another surgeons mess that was created. I just can't say enough kind words about Dr. Shetter and Diane, I was in so much pain prior to the surgery, they squeezed me in to help relieve my pain and I am having a quick recovery time because he did such an amazing job

Getting a Pump implanted

Posted on December 9th, 2010

Dr Shetter was very good. He came highly recommended. Unfortunately, I had a problem with my pump and will be having it fixed tomorrow. Dr Shetter is at Barrows Neuro- which in it self is tough for parking and getting appointments. (this is my 2nd surgery thru them). You can't find better doctors. You will find that most of the doctors in this practice will only take your case if they think they can help. You can't just call and make an appointment, you need to be accepted. Dr Shetter doesn't come to your preop bed to talk to you before the surgery. He goes straight to the OR and doesn't come to the recovery room after the surgery. That was my only issue with him. I wondered if he actually did the surgery or maybe the janitor did ... how would I know? I was asleep in the OR and my wife received a phone call from him that I was finished and in recovery. I would recommend him (he's supposed to be the best for pump implants) just understand if you get surgery you won't see that day ... You'll just wake up in recovery with an add on to your body.

Arrogant Blabbermouth

Posted on February 25th, 2010

Dr. Shetter did a spinal cord stimulator implant (for nerve pain) and botched it. I had it removed 3 weeks later. Before the implant I had a trial implant done by my physiologist, who spent 3 hours with me working out the precise position of the electrodes to achieve pain reduction. The relief was almost total. I was so excited. In two pre-op meetings with Shetter looking at X-rays I stressed how important it was to precisely duplicate the positioning, but he is one of those who would rather talk than listen. I had a blinding headache for a week after surgery because he drew too much spinal fluid. Then one side of the SCS quit working. Working with the Medtronic tech to diagnose the problem, I saw the X-ray and the electrodes were no where near the position we so carefully developed in the trial. Either he was too arrogant to care, or not competent to do the job right. Avoid this man like the plague.

Posted on April 9th, 2017