A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Andrew Shinar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Andrew Shinar is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Andrew Shinar, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Shinar graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Shinar has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Vanderbilt University Hospital
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shinar accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee - 8 plans
- Bluegrass Family Health - 3 plans
- Humana - 10 plans
- Cigna - 9 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Andrew A. Shinar practice?
Dr. Andrew Shinar practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Nashville, TN.
See Nashville Orthopedic Surgeons.