Dr. Andrew Shinar MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedics Reconstructive Surgery Nashville, TN

February 6th, 2017
Highly Recommend for Hip
After being told that I was too young for a hip replacement, I sought a second opinion in Nashville… and I’m grateful I did. Dr. Shinar evaluated my pain and lack of mobility, and recommended a total hip replacement. I had no complications, the incision healed nicely, and recovery went better than I ever imagined. Four years after surgery, and I couldn’t be happier with the results. I’d also like to add that Dr. Shinar is one of the nicest doctors I’ve been to in a long, long time.

December 5th, 2015
Outstanding MD.

January 30th, 2015
I was trying to give him 4 stars

June 16th, 2014
DR.SHINAR, Is a very careing Dr.I have d a hip and a kneeplaced by him.He does wonderful work.I highly recommend him. And will probley have had my other hip replaced in the future but only by him.

January 3rd, 2010
Total Knee Replacement
Surgery was excellent and recovery time normal. Have no pain at all now 1 yr later after suffering with pain in the knee for nearly 20 yrs! I was pain free after about 4 months after the surgery. Can do everything I need to do with the knee -- no limitations! I highly recommend Dr. Andrew Shinar to anyone needing a total knee replacement.

August 11th, 2009
Total Knee Replacement Surgery
Initially I was in severe pain that was eliminated by medications prescribed by Dr. Shinar. I had the usual painful issues in "walking" right after surgery (that was to be expected). Gradually, the pain subsided over the next few months and by the 4th month I was off all medications for my kneee and had not used assistance in walking (canes, walkers) from about the 3-4th week after surgery. I am now in the 7th month since surgery and have no pain and have regained ALL mobility in the knee -- able to sit Indian Style and do deep knee bends and can get down in the floor unassisted and get back up. This surgeon is tops in my book. I haven't been able to do those things since 1991 and have lived with unbearable pain since then until after the surgery and recovery!