Dr. Andrew Spitzer MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Los Angeles, CA

February 1st, 2016
Knee replacement review.
Very professional, great staff. Very thorough on the knee replacement procedure.very easy to talk too and an excellent hospital to have my surgery. Many thanks.

January 18th, 2016
Great surgeon, competent, compassionate, caring. Worked hard to create realistic expectations. Called after hours to see how my new pain meds were working.

December 3rd, 2015
so excited
This was an amazing experience. I don't know why I waited so long. I am 5 weeks in and it already feels better then the week before the surgery. Looking forward to him replacing the right one during the summer. His PA is absolutely the best, the nurses are knowledgeable and the whole support staff is there for the patient all steps of the way. Even the scheduler felt like my best friend.

November 16th, 2015
Total knee
Doctor Spitzer gave me a total knee replacement 8 years ago and it was a very good experience. Every year he x-rays it and checks it. All good. This year, I needed my other knee replaced and didn't hesitate to return to him for my surgery. I'm 13 days out today and my results are again very good. I appreciate his skill and experience.

April 17th, 2015
Andrew Spitzer, MD is THE BEST ! Right knee replaced 2012 Left knee replaced 4 weeks ago.

March 4th, 2015
1st visit 3/2/15
Very good, but so much info. Forgot 2 ask a few questions

October 2nd, 2014
right hip.complete replacement
Its been eight years plus.....still going strong....thank you dr. Spitzer.

August 15th, 2014
A very dry sense of humor
In reading these reviews, I just had to put my 2 cents in. Dr. Spitzer has replaced both of my hips with good outcomes. However, one will have to be redone because it is a metal on metal which was done before the failures were reported. I will go back to Dr. Spitzer and have recommened him to several people. His delivery isn't very warm, I'll agree, but he does care about his patients very much. He has a very dry sense of humor so know that going in. I have a very sarcastic sense of humor and he got me several times before I realized I'd been had. At some point, I will have to have both knees replaced and I will have Dr. Spitzer do those surgeries. He isn't for everyone, but for me, I will let him operate on me until I run out of joints to replace.

July 15th, 2014
Excellent surgeon
Dr. Spitzer is a very passionate compassionate surgeon with a heart of gold. He is very knowledgeable in his field and can not recommend him enough. Before, I used to read these reviews and say okay this has been written by someone related to that doctor/ surgeon. But be confident that this is just a review by a patient's sister and is done as to help somebody who is not sure whether to do their surgery with him or not. Honestly can not say enough about him. He spends time and explains everything. He listens and tries to eliminate any doubts or concerns. He is excellent and confident in what he does. I read other reviews. Honestly I absolutely have no idea if they had an appointment with him or someone else. My sister had excellent results with him and can not thank him enough. We went to his office through the recommendation of someone else that was very happy with his results and I personally asked him who was the surgeon. So this says a lot about someone's performance. Also 2 other doctors recommended him whole heartedly. This is just to let u know that we just did not show up in his office, and I don't even go to a restaurant if it didn't see good reviews. Total hip and knee replacement is a very serious matter and in 90% of the cases can not be re-done. So I recommend this knowledgeable surgeon with all my heart to you with no hesitation. Good luck and be confident that you are in good hands.

November 21st, 2013
Thanks will find another Dr.
Just to say thanks and that I go to another Dr.

September 24th, 2013
Do no go to this Dr. He replaced my knee, made my leg an inch longer and then denied it. I ended up with a fractured femur due to the leg length discrepancy (he misdiagnosed that as well). Sent me for an MRI and didn't get back to me until a good 30 days later even after several phone calls to his office. They lost the MRI report and he still denied any issues with his surgery. I now have to pay 300 for shoes to address the leg discrepancy and may need a hip replacement on hip that had no damage prior to the knee surgery.

June 21st, 2012
THE DR WAS ALOOF AND SHOWED NO EMPATHY ABOUT MY PAIN AND DISCOMFORT. POOR BEDSIDE MANNER AND CURT DELIVERY.