Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Aug 29th, 2015

This doctor was the worse.....I have been in pain ever since ...went to his office after a crisis with the joint he replaced, which had sent me to the emergency room prior, and he did nothing but tell his recorder what a great job he did and how great I was doing.....issue is still ongoing and his offices never contacted me thereafter.....even for a follow-up or one year check-up.....Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else!!!

May 2nd, 2015

the best doctor

Abrupt and insensitive at times show details Abrupt and insensitive at times
Apr 30th, 2015

Although a really good surgeon he can be abrupt and insensitive and that can be challenging to interpret as a healing patient. Kindness and empathy goes a long way.

by Joy Myers on Apr 14th, 2015

I have seen a lot of doctors but have never been treated so rudely or matter a fact -EVER!! This doctor was more in a hurry to leave for vacation than to care about me as a patient!!! I would NEVER recommend this doctor EVER

Exceptional Results from Hip Replacement Surgery show details Exceptional Results from Hip Replacement Surgery
by Melvin Goldberg on Jan 7th, 2015

Could not have expected a better outcome from my Hip Replacement I was walking a few hours after surgery, went home the following day and driving in 2 weeks I needed minimal pain control medication, used a walker for balance control for about a week and a cane for a day or two My hip has been pain free and i can do all activities (including dancing) with no discomfort, A few months prior to my surgery I had to have a cortisone injection in my hip to allow me to function normally while awaiting my surgery (I had been using a cane and was in a great deal of pain prior to receiving the injection). The shot was wearing off just prior to the surgery and the timing worked out perfectly Additionally Dr Star's staff and all of the staff and departments I came in contact with at Abington Hospital could not have been more efficient, caring and comprehensive in their care and professionalism

Doctor's Response

Good afternoon, Melvin. Thank you for taking the time to write a review for OrthopaediCare and for sharing your kind words. It made our day! Thank you for choosing OrthopaediCare for your care.

Not a tin man! show details Not a tin man!
by Brett Sauers on Mar 5th, 2013

I have had 5 joint replacements in my 70 year old body, one being a right hip using the new procedure ( I believe it's called Anterior). Dr. Star not only did a great job but he was straight forward and honest with me. I would recommend him highly, in fact I have done so on 2 occasions. My recovery time was relatively quick with no complications. I'm getting ready to see him again for my left hip.

I have my life back ! show details I have my life back !
May 15th, 2012

I found Dr Starr after having consulted with the big intercity hospitals and having left each not having found a solution to my hip problem. I knew when I met Dr Starr I had found the right surgeon and can honestly say within 3 weeks post of my anterior hip replacement I have my life back! I am back to being independent, able to walk my dogs, bicycle and swim. I am thrilled with the results and have been pain free almost from day one of surgery. It is just amazing how wonderful Dr Starr and this procedure is.

Apr 16th, 2012

Dr. Star is an amazing surgeon who restores patients to full mobility without pain following hip replacement.

Dr.Star is a "Star"---He's the Best show details Dr.Star is a "Star"---He's the Best
Jan 12th, 2012

Dr. Star did my hip replacement back in April 2010. I will be having a double knee replacement within the month and I didn't hesitate to go with Dr. Star because although you may have to wait to get on the schedule there has never been a doubt that the wait was worth enduring just to have him do my surgery. Nothing is better than having the trust and belief in your surgeon. Without a doubt he is the BEST!

Doctor's Response

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your positive rating! It is very much appreciated. Best of luck with your upcoming surgery.

My surgeon show details My surgeon
Nov 15th, 2011

I had some very unusual reactions to hip replacements and Dr. Star had one of his colleagues (Dr. O'Marr0) help diagnose my case and then he corrected it. He's a very skilled surgeon and I've recommended him to a lot of my friends.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your kind words and for referring your loved ones. We're very glad you're doing well!

Feb 23rd, 2011

Dr. Star is the best. When I needed a hip replacement, I was undecided on where to go. Based on three chance recommendations from three very happy hip recipients, I went to see Dr. Star. Patients in the waiting area raved about him, and I was not disappointed. He is very thorough in his explanations, very engaging and I couldn't have been happier with my treatment and the results.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your kind words. At OrthopaediCare, we strive give each and every patient the best possible care.

truly a star!! show details truly a star!!
by Mike O'Donnell on Nov 10th, 2010

Dr. Star rebuilt the remnants of my knee (when I injure myself...I go BIG!!!) 20 years ago, and it is still going strong. 3 torn ligaments & dislocations Dr. Star = snowboarding instructor in Aspen! How's THAT for good work? Thanks, doc!!

Doctor's Response

Congratulations on all of your success! We're glad to hear that you're doing so well. Thank you for taking the time to leave your positive comments.

Top notch doc. show details Top notch doc.
by Jeff Umbrell on Sep 22nd, 2009

Very professional and caring. Stopped by every day I was in the hospital. Always had to to explain everything to me. I can't say enough about him. I would recommend him in a heart beat.