Dr. Andrew Star, MD
Hip and Joint Replacement
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by larry bray on Sep 23rd, 2016

no problems gets the surgery done right.

Dr Star show details Dr Star
by Barbara Stevenson on Aug 30th, 2016

Dr. Star gave back to me my quality of life! He is so skilled and kind. He has treated me with utmost respect. My questions were answered completely. He was patient and informative. I will recommend him to others needing hip replacement.

by B.D. on Aug 11th, 2016

Lots of research was done and Dr. Star topped the list. Excellent skills and I am very happy with the results of a total hip replacement.

Aug 4th, 2016

I would 100% recommend Dr. Andrew Star for hip surgery. He was fanstastic!

He would not replace my hip show details He would not replace my hip
by Dsnyder on Jul 20th, 2016

Way back in 2006 I was thinking of having my Left hip replaced. I saw Dr. Starr and he informed me that while I should have it replaced he did not feel comfortable doing it . I am a very tiny person (4'11") and he was concerned that the prosthetic would not be able to be fitted to me. I ended up going to the 3B's in the Pennsylvania Hospital and had a successful surgery.While Dr. Starr did NOT do my surgery I have GREAT RESPECT for some one if they do not feel they can do a competent job.

2nd Hip replacement show details 2nd Hip replacement
by Chuck W on Jun 30th, 2016

So much different (this one in 2016), than first on in 1999. 1 night in the hospital - walked out with only a cane. minimal pain and quick rehab!

by Gerald Moyer on Jun 26th, 2016

I was very happy with Dr. Star with his professionalism and his knowledge of Hip replacements. I would, and have already recommended Dr. Star to other people. I have heard comments from a lot of people who have used Dr. Star for their needs. I have never heard even one negative comment. Dr. Star has made my life a lot more enjoyable due to my Hip replacement. Keep up the good work Dr. Star.

by Helen B. on Jun 15th, 2016

Dr Star was very easy to talk to. He gave me all my options before I decided on hip surgery. He did not talk me into having the surgery. I made m decision. He explained everything involved. Length of stay in hospital and what I could do when I got home. My hospital stay was pleasant at Lansdale Hospital just as he said it would be. He came in to see me the evening of my surgery and the morning after. My recovery was just as he said it would be - quick and easy. I would highly recommend Dr. star to any one in need of a knee or hip replacement.

by Maryann C. on Jun 10th, 2016

Dr. Star is professional, extremely knowledgeable, caring, and easy to talk to. Dr. Star spends time with his patients; answering their questions and addressing any concerns they may have. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone in need of quality orthopedic care.

Knee replacement show details Knee replacement
by Theresa Calafati on Jun 8th, 2016

I had a totally positive experience with my knee replacement. I couldn't have asked for a better doctor from the initial visit to my 6 week after surgery check up. Dr Star is the best! He is easy to talk with and I always felt confident with him. I recommend him to everyone who asks me about a replacement surgery. Five stars aren't enough, he deserves 100!

by Sylvia Plaskonos on Jun 2nd, 2016

I could not be happier - Dr. Star was excellent. I liked his manner, his understanding of my problem, his handling of the care and treatment, and I'm especially happy with the outcome. My new hip is just the greatest - I can do everything I used to do with absolutely no pain or restriction.!!

Knee Surgery show details Knee Surgery
Jun 2nd, 2016

My knee surgery went very well. Dr Star explained what I should expect during my stay in the hospital so there were no surprises. I would recommend Dr Star to anyone who needs knee surgery

Worth the wait show details Worth the wait
Jun 1st, 2016

You sometimes have to wait for an appointment with Dr. Star but he is an excellent surgeon and worth the wait! He did my total left hip replacement after I exhausted all other options (PT, cortisone shots, chiropractic). I am very satisfied with the results and I would definitely go back to him.

by Barbara Isaac on May 24th, 2016

Dr. Star is very caring and compassionate. He made me feel very comfortable, answered all my questions and is very approachable.

May 19th, 2016

He is an excellent surgeon. Very kind and courteous. Followed up with me after my surgery.

May 16th, 2016

He has no bedside manner. Was very rude . Told me I was too fat and needed to shut my mouth. This may be true but can be said in a nicer way.

5 star plus show details 5 star plus
by Jo Anne B on May 6th, 2016

The best review a Dr. may get is that you would refer him to others . My experience with Dr. Star is a success story on every level. His knowledge base is superior as are his surgical skills . Environment from office to post surgical care was friendly and professional .

Feb 29th, 2016

Dr. Star does a good job of combining winsomeness with professionalism. He gets right to the point, but doesn't seem to be in a hurry. And I always feel like he's on top of things. I'm very happy with the results of my hip replacement and with the quality of treatment from Dr. Star.

Aug 29th, 2015

This doctor was the worse.....I have been in pain ever since ...went to his office after a crisis with the joint he replaced, which had sent me to the emergency room prior, and he did nothing but tell his recorder what a great job he did and how great I was doing.....issue is still ongoing and his offices never contacted me thereafter.....even for a follow-up or one year check-up.....Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else!!!

May 2nd, 2015

the best doctor

Doctor's Response

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to write a review for OrthopaediCare and for sharing your kind words. It made our day! Thank you for choosing OrthopaediCare for your care.

Abrupt and insensitive at times show details Abrupt and insensitive at times
Apr 30th, 2015

Although a really good surgeon he can be abrupt and insensitive and that can be challenging to interpret as a healing patient. Kindness and empathy goes a long way.

Doctor's Response

Good morning. Your experience is very important to us. We value our patients, and your comments will help us to continually improve our level of service. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us. Thank you for choosing OrthopaediCare for your care.

by Joy Myers on Apr 14th, 2015

I have seen a lot of doctors but have never been treated so rudely or matter a fact -EVER!! This doctor was more in a hurry to leave for vacation than to care about me as a patient!!! I would NEVER recommend this doctor EVER

Exceptional Results from Hip Replacement Surgery show details Exceptional Results from Hip Replacement Surgery
by Melvin Goldberg on Jan 7th, 2015

Could not have expected a better outcome from my Hip Replacement I was walking a few hours after surgery, went home the following day and driving in 2 weeks I needed minimal pain control medication, used a walker for balance control for about a week and a cane for a day or two My hip has been pain free and i can do all activities (including dancing) with no discomfort, A few months prior to my surgery I had to have a cortisone injection in my hip to allow me to function normally while awaiting my surgery (I had been using a cane and was in a great deal of pain prior to receiving the injection). The shot was wearing off just prior to the surgery and the timing worked out perfectly Additionally Dr Star's staff and all of the staff and departments I came in contact with at Abington Hospital could not have been more efficient, caring and comprehensive in their care and professionalism

Doctor's Response

Good afternoon, Melvin. Thank you for taking the time to write a review for OrthopaediCare and for sharing your kind words. It made our day! Thank you for choosing OrthopaediCare for your care.

Not a tin man! show details Not a tin man!
by Brett Sauers on Mar 5th, 2013

I have had 5 joint replacements in my 70 year old body, one being a right hip using the new procedure ( I believe it's called Anterior). Dr. Star not only did a great job but he was straight forward and honest with me. I would recommend him highly, in fact I have done so on 2 occasions. My recovery time was relatively quick with no complications. I'm getting ready to see him again for my left hip.

I have my life back ! show details I have my life back !
May 15th, 2012

I found Dr Starr after having consulted with the big intercity hospitals and having left each not having found a solution to my hip problem. I knew when I met Dr Starr I had found the right surgeon and can honestly say within 3 weeks post of my anterior hip replacement I have my life back! I am back to being independent, able to walk my dogs, bicycle and swim. I am thrilled with the results and have been pain free almost from day one of surgery. It is just amazing how wonderful Dr Starr and this procedure is.

Apr 16th, 2012

Dr. Star is an amazing surgeon who restores patients to full mobility without pain following hip replacement.

My surgeon show details My surgeon
Nov 15th, 2011

I had some very unusual reactions to hip replacements and Dr. Star had one of his colleagues (Dr. O'Marr0) help diagnose my case and then he corrected it. He's a very skilled surgeon and I've recommended him to a lot of my friends.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your kind words and for referring your loved ones. We're very glad you're doing well!

Feb 23rd, 2011

Dr. Star is the best. When I needed a hip replacement, I was undecided on where to go. Based on three chance recommendations from three very happy hip recipients, I went to see Dr. Star. Patients in the waiting area raved about him, and I was not disappointed. He is very thorough in his explanations, very engaging and I couldn't have been happier with my treatment and the results.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your kind words. At OrthopaediCare, we strive give each and every patient the best possible care.

truly a star!! show details truly a star!!
by Mike O'Donnell on Nov 10th, 2010

Dr. Star rebuilt the remnants of my knee (when I injure myself...I go BIG!!!) 20 years ago, and it is still going strong. 3 torn ligaments & dislocations Dr. Star = snowboarding instructor in Aspen! How's THAT for good work? Thanks, doc!!

Doctor's Response

Congratulations on all of your success! We're glad to hear that you're doing so well. Thank you for taking the time to leave your positive comments.

Top notch doc. show details Top notch doc.
by Jeff Umbrell on Sep 22nd, 2009

Very professional and caring. Stopped by every day I was in the hospital. Always had to to explain everything to me. I can't say enough about him. I would recommend him in a heart beat.