Dr. Andrew Star MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 21st, 2017
Great Experience
I was in good hands the moment I went to his office for the initial diagnosis. This carried over to the hospital and surgery. The pain that led me to seek help is gone and I am walking again like my old self. Many thanks.

May 23rd, 2017
My right knee was very very out of alignment, and I also have OA.. After knee replacement surgery my leg is straight. 6 weeks after surgery I was released and I was told I could stop PT as I had my range of motion. I am completely satisfied with the expertise of Dr. Andrew Star.

May 12th, 2017
hip replacement
very considered

April 23rd, 2017
No more pain
I had severe back, hip and leg pain. Waited way too long to get a hip replacement, but Dr. Star simply gave me my life back. After less than 2 months all the pain was gone. Dr. Star is very professional and straightforward in his approach. I would highly recommend him. Do not wait in pain needlessly. Thank you Dr. Star!

April 8th, 2017
Knee replacement
Surgery went well and was up and walking the same day.

March 16th, 2017
Dr. Star Selected Aafter a Year of Search
Dr. Star was always focused on me as a patient with a major decision to make regarding my future and a hip decaying problem. He understood the gravity of the decision and assured me it was strictly my decision

March 12th, 2017
Humble Healer
Dr. Star performed a left knee replacement on me this past January. The day of surgery I was up and out of bed and the next day I could walk with a walker. My range of motion was over 90 degrees. That same day (OP+1) I was discharged to home care. After 4 physical therapy sessions I could bend my surgical knee 120 degrees. So technically speaking Dr. Star did an extraordinary job. On a personal level I found him to be engaging and willing to discuss any and all expectations from the operation. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Star to friends and family suffering from osteoarthritis of the knee as well as hip. I am very pleased with my outcome.v

February 19th, 2017
World Class Orthopedic Surgeon
This January 3, Dr. Star performed a total knee revision of my right knee which contained a 17-yr. old knee replacement that had loosened up and was making me fall frequently. It was performed at Lansdale/Abington Hospital in their Spinal Institute. The staff was quite amazing, knowledgeable, compassionate, and efficient. One of the best hospital stays I've ever experienced, and I've experienced many. I went home in just two days after seeing Dr. Star prior to discharge. I'm six weeks post-op and walking without a cane, have 110% range of motion in new knee. Only slight discomfort if I "overdo it" walking someplace like around Costco. Easy to forget it's only been six weeks since surgery. Dr. Star is a worldclass surgeon in the "burbs," and I'm so happy I found him to do my knee revision. His surgical skills, knowledge, compassion, patience in listening to my questions all combined to make him one of my favorite docs of all time.

December 17th, 2016
all I can say is Dr. Star is excellent

December 16th, 2016
Hip Surgery
Dr Star was very professional - answered all my questions and is a very skilled surgeon

October 31st, 2016
I probably ended up, accidently, with the most highly skilled Surgeon for Hip Replacement that exists in this Tri County Area. My Dr used him, and referred me to him, so if he was good enough for my Dr. he was good enough for me. But from what I read and heard, without knowing Andrew Star, everybody raved about him. I only wish I got to see him more often, other than his physicians assistant, during my routine pre op scheduled appointments.

September 23rd, 2016
no problems gets the surgery done right.