Dr. Andrew Star MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 31st, 2016
I probably ended up, accidently, with the most highly skilled Surgeon for Hip Replacement that exists in this Tri County Area. My Dr used him, and referred me to him, so if he was good enough for my Dr. he was good enough for me. But from what I read and heard, without knowing Andrew Star, everybody raved about him. I only wish I got to see him more often, other than his physicians assistant, during my routine pre op scheduled appointments.

September 23rd, 2016
no problems gets the surgery done right.

August 30th, 2016
Dr Star
Dr. Star gave back to me my quality of life! He is so skilled and kind. He has treated me with utmost respect. My questions were answered completely. He was patient and informative. I will recommend him to others needing hip replacement.

August 11th, 2016
Lots of research was done and Dr. Star topped the list. Excellent skills and I am very happy with the results of a total hip replacement.

August 4th, 2016
I would 100% recommend Dr. Andrew Star for hip surgery. He was fanstastic!

July 20th, 2016
He would not replace my hip
Way back in 2006 I was thinking of having my Left hip replaced. I saw Dr. Starr and he informed me that while I should have it replaced he did not feel comfortable doing it . I am a very tiny person (4'11") and he was concerned that the prosthetic would not be able to be fitted to me. I ended up going to the 3B's in the Pennsylvania Hospital and had a successful surgery.While Dr. Starr did NOT do my surgery I have GREAT RESPECT for some one if they do not feel they can do a competent job.

June 30th, 2016
2nd Hip replacement
So much different (this one in 2016), than first on in 1999. 1 night in the hospital - walked out with only a cane. minimal pain and quick rehab!

June 26th, 2016
I was very happy with Dr. Star with his professionalism and his knowledge of Hip replacements. I would, and have already recommended Dr. Star to other people. I have heard comments from a lot of people who have used Dr. Star for their needs. I have never heard even one negative comment. Dr. Star has made my life a lot more enjoyable due to my Hip replacement. Keep up the good work Dr. Star.

June 15th, 2016
Dr Star was very easy to talk to. He gave me all my options before I decided on hip surgery. He did not talk me into having the surgery. I made m decision. He explained everything involved. Length of stay in hospital and what I could do when I got home. My hospital stay was pleasant at Lansdale Hospital just as he said it would be. He came in to see me the evening of my surgery and the morning after. My recovery was just as he said it would be - quick and easy. I would highly recommend Dr. star to any one in need of a knee or hip replacement.

June 10th, 2016
Dr. Star is professional, extremely knowledgeable, caring, and easy to talk to. Dr. Star spends time with his patients; answering their questions and addressing any concerns they may have. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone in need of quality orthopedic care.

June 8th, 2016
Knee replacement
I had a totally positive experience with my knee replacement. I couldn't have asked for a better doctor from the initial visit to my 6 week after surgery check up. Dr Star is the best! He is easy to talk with and I always felt confident with him. I recommend him to everyone who asks me about a replacement surgery. Five stars aren't enough, he deserves 100!

June 2nd, 2016
I could not be happier - Dr. Star was excellent. I liked his manner, his understanding of my problem, his handling of the care and treatment, and I'm especially happy with the outcome. My new hip is just the greatest - I can do everything I used to do with absolutely no pain or restriction.!!