Dr. Andrew Star MD Patient Reviews

March 16th, 2017
Dr. Star Selected Aafter a Year of Search
Dr. Star was always focused on me as a patient with a major decision to make regarding my future and a hip decaying problem. He understood the gravity of the decision and assured me it was strictly my decision

March 12th, 2017
Humble Healer
Dr. Star performed a left knee replacement on me this past January. The day of surgery I was up and out of bed and the next day I could walk with a walker. My range of motion was over 90 degrees. That same day (OP+1) I was discharged to home care. After 4 physical therapy sessions I could bend my surgical knee 120 degrees. So technically speaking Dr. Star did an extraordinary job. On a personal level I found him to be engaging and willing to discuss any and all expectations from the operation. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Star to friends and family suffering from osteoarthritis of the knee as well as hip. I am very pleased with my outcome.v

February 19th, 2017
World Class Orthopedic Surgeon
This January 3, Dr. Star performed a total knee revision of my right knee which contained a 17-yr. old knee replacement that had loosened up and was making me fall frequently. It was performed at Lansdale/Abington Hospital in their Spinal Institute. The staff was quite amazing, knowledgeable, compassionate, and efficient. One of the best hospital stays I've ever experienced, and I've experienced many. I went home in just two days after seeing Dr. Star prior to discharge. I'm six weeks post-op and walking without a cane, have 110% range of motion in new knee. Only slight discomfort if I "overdo it" walking someplace like around Costco. Easy to forget it's only been six weeks since surgery. Dr. Star is a worldclass surgeon in the "burbs," and I'm so happy I found him to do my knee revision. His surgical skills, knowledge, compassion, patience in listening to my questions all combined to make him one of my favorite docs of all time.

December 17th, 2016
all I can say is Dr. Star is excellent

December 16th, 2016
Hip Surgery
Dr Star was very professional - answered all my questions and is a very skilled surgeon

October 31st, 2016
I probably ended up, accidently, with the most highly skilled Surgeon for Hip Replacement that exists in this Tri County Area. My Dr used him, and referred me to him, so if he was good enough for my Dr. he was good enough for me. But from what I read and heard, without knowing Andrew Star, everybody raved about him. I only wish I got to see him more often, other than his physicians assistant, during my routine pre op scheduled appointments.

September 23rd, 2016
no problems gets the surgery done right.

August 30th, 2016
Dr Star
Dr. Star gave back to me my quality of life! He is so skilled and kind. He has treated me with utmost respect. My questions were answered completely. He was patient and informative. I will recommend him to others needing hip replacement.

August 11th, 2016
Lots of research was done and Dr. Star topped the list. Excellent skills and I am very happy with the results of a total hip replacement.

August 4th, 2016
I would 100% recommend Dr. Andrew Star for hip surgery. He was fanstastic!

July 20th, 2016
He would not replace my hip
Way back in 2006 I was thinking of having my Left hip replaced. I saw Dr. Starr and he informed me that while I should have it replaced he did not feel comfortable doing it . I am a very tiny person (4'11") and he was concerned that the prosthetic would not be able to be fitted to me. I ended up going to the 3B's in the Pennsylvania Hospital and had a successful surgery.While Dr. Starr did NOT do my surgery I have GREAT RESPECT for some one if they do not feel they can do a competent job.

June 30th, 2016
2nd Hip replacement
So much different (this one in 2016), than first on in 1999. 1 night in the hospital - walked out with only a cane. minimal pain and quick rehab!