Dr. Andrew Strigenz MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0
  • 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

October 25th, 2014
Bad experience!
Few years ago, I had surgery in which Dr Strigenz was my anesthesiologist. Before surgery, he seemed attentive, approachable, appeared to listen and care. In retrospect, I believe I was appropriately sedated and had minimal nausea post-op. However, i specifically told him I have had 2 bad experiences with a medication (Versed) often given prior to surgery to relax the patient. Although a rare reaction, this "relaxer" severely agitates me, for about 36 hrs post-op. While being driven home by my sister, I was so agitated, my sister had to hold my shirt while driving on the freeway to prevent me from opening the car door and jumping out! Later after inquiring at my surgeon's office, I learned Dr Strigenz gave me Versed anyway! -after I'd told him of my two previous bad experiences and that my previous surgeon had advised me to caution future doctors, especially anesthesiologists to use something else. Upon questioning him Dr Strigenz's only response was--I didn't think that Versed was the reason for your agitation! Ridiculous! He should have listened to me, because I have been in healthcare for dozens of years and because my surgeon had also advised me to relate my bad experience to any future doctors. He had no excuse and never should have given me Versed. For these reasons I wouldn't recommend Dr Strigenz at all, even though everything else as related to Dr Strigenz seemed to go quite well. I'm only thankful I didn't escape my sister's car!