Dr. Andrew Summers Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Andrew Summers?

Best pediatrician you could ask for.

Posted on October 25th, 2017

We love Dr. Summers. We interviewed about 5 pediatricians when we were pregnant with our twins and we liked him the best. We chose right because he actually seems to care and doesn't mind answering all our questions (no matter how many we had in the beginning). We have been going to him for over 2 years now. He originally worked in Baldwin Park office and when he moved to Maitland we moved with him...that's how much we like him. The nurses and ladies who work in the office are really nice also. I would recommend Dr. Summers to anyone looking for a Pediatrician!

Excellent

Posted on August 1st, 2017

I have been talking my children to him since they where Babies, now they are almost at the end of being able to see him. So it's been 18 years of good advice and a caring Dr. I would recommend him to anyone .

Dr Summers is awesome! Defintely recommend him

Posted on January 5th, 2016

Dr. Summers is great. Never feel like he is rushing us out the door to get to the next patient. We recently moved to Winter Springs which is further away from his office but we will continue to come to him because he is so great

Best Doctor EVER

Posted on September 10th, 2015

Dr Summers is the best doctor I've ever dealt with. I drive an hour to get to him but he's worth the trip!!

amazing doctor

Posted on June 24th, 2015

I love Dr. Summers I have been bringing my children to him for the last 15 years. He is an amazing doctor!

Posted on February 25th, 2015

Dr. summers has been pediatrician to my 3 girls for 11 years. He is extremely caring, patient and knowledgable. He spends more than enough time with us at every appointment. You can tell he loves what he does by the way he treats his patients. He goes above and beyond. He has called me outside of office hours to follow up with my children and their care. Trust him completely. I drive 35 minutes just to see him.

Such a shame

Posted on November 4th, 2014

I saw Dr. Summers as a kid and went with him automatically for my son. Huge mistake. Every time we go in I dread mentioning anything because he will blow it off. Our 2 year old obviously has stimulation problems and he refuses to give us a referral to a neurologist because he insists that thrashing around and injuring himself (chipped teeth, black eyes, crowns of bruises, bloody noses, busted lips) multiple times a week is perfectly normal and he will stop when he "hurts himself bad enough.". He sent us to a immunologist because our son kept getting "yeast infections". Hundreds of dollars spent on creams and appointments, it was never even a yeast infection. He skin is just sensitive to his urine and we need to use baby powder. A year with no rash, but the Dr. still insists that we are wrong and we need to get our son tested for all kinds of immune disorders. He won't give us a referral for speech therapy anywhere but the hospital, I can never get through, so we have to call, make another appointment with him and get another referral because ours has expired. He's a nice person, but he's a quack who really just seems to be in it for the money.

Mother

Posted on June 19th, 2013

Dr. Summers is an incredible physician. He detected my son's pneumonia after his tonsillectomy right away. The nurse in the hospital had to listen 4 times before she heard what Dr. Summers heard. She even said he was a good doctor, because she doubted his diagnosis, but kept checking and then heard what he heard. An x-ray confirmed it. It was nice to know that he was able to detect it early and my son only had to spend one night in the hospital for treatment. Dr. Summers has always been professional and caring. The doctors he has referred us to have also been great for broken bones, etc. (Boys!) We have been going to Dr. Summers for 13 years and I am so sad that my children are changing doctors. They are growing up and the distance is getting to be a problem. However, I highly recommend Dr. Summers. He is the best and really cares about his patients.

Posted on September 19th, 2012

Today my husband and I went with our daughter to her son's circumcision appointment with Dr. Andrew Summers; Baldwin Park location. Andrew Summers entered the room and questioned how the baby was doing since his initial appointment and in fact Andrew Summers did not even review the baby with a physical examination; 12 days old. We had some questions which he answered. After asking the primary questions we had; we had to initiate questions regading the circumcision procedure scheduled for the day. I asked Andrew Summers if he had performed many circumcisions as this doctor was new for our family. He was extremely offended and stated "I have practiced for 16 years; I have to leave the room". Andrew Summers returned to the room 10 minutes advising us of the procedure for circumcision he uses. I asked Andrew Summers if I had offended him and he replied he was offended as he comes highly recommened we should know his resume. After listening to his absurdities he indicated he would have to defer the procedure to another doctor maybe one within their practice because of comfortability. We repeatedly advised him we were comfortable we were curious of the so called many circumcisions he has performed and wanted our 12 day old grandson to be in the best of hands. He refused his 12 day old patient the procedure scheduled a week in advance prior to today's visit. I am apauled this man has a license to practice medicine especially in pediatrics with such an unprofessional attitude. Doctor's should be able to answer any questions regarding their experience and/or resume without having such bizarre behavior. I have found Andrew Summers to be unpleasant, unprofessional adn arrogant in addition to his unstable behavior for the way he reacted to a question "have you performed many circumcisions?" I will not at this time give Andrew Summers the courtesy to be addressed as a doctor. Very Strange.

Posted on March 31st, 2011

He is one of the most caring doctors you'll ever meet and goes out of his way to help his patients. As mentioned by others on this site, he takes a personal interest in his patients and answers any questions they may have.

Posted on January 28th, 2011

I would strongly suggest Dr. Summers to any parent. He is very kind and he spends a lot of time with each person. He made sure all my questions were answered before I left. I suggested him to two other neighbors and they liked him as well.

Very caring

Posted on November 28th, 2010

Dr Summers always remembers me and my family when we are there (eg/ How's your mom doing?). He's very attentive, and is a good listener. He's thoughtful and carefully thinks through diagnoses. He makes sure theat as a parent I feel comfortable with the path he's taking -- makes it feel like a partnership rather than THE DOCTOR telling the parent what to do.