Plastic Surgeon, Surgeon
5656 Bee Cave Rd
Ste J200
West Lake Hills, TX 78746
(512) 450-1077
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

• Currently 3.4794520547945 of 4 stars
  • Currently 3.1594202898551 of 4 stars
  • Currently 3.1780821917808 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  FANTASTIC SURGEON/PERSON!!  |  show details
by Carolyn N on Apr 16th, 2014

We cannot say enough about this super Surgeon! He is brilliant, compassionate and was a Great Gift to us and our family!

|  Have you treated a good doctor fairly?  |  show details
Sep 16th, 2012

I am bothered by the responses I get from personnel at Southwestern Medical Center when I ask for an appointment with Dr. Trussler. The first time I called I was given a very curt response. "He is no longer at Southwestern." The second time I called I asked where he is currently practicing, they "could not say." I was left with a bad feeling about how a very fine doctor may have been treated by Southwestern.Dr. Trussler has performed two procedures on me. The outcome on the first procedure was quite satisfactory, so I asked for him on the second procedure. This time, the procedure was complicated, time consuming, and took a great deal of expertise and care to assure a good outcome. He stayed with me most of the afternoon. When he left, I felt reassured that all was well.

|  Best doctor  |  show details
Jul 27th, 2012

Dr Trussler has performed surgery on me 2xs this year. His bedside manner is the best. Its not just about money with him. He cares and takes care of you as his patient. He is no longer with UT Southwestern, and my new Dr is ok, but we just don't have the rapport that I developed with Dr Trussler. I'm a person that values convenience, but I'm willing to travel to Frisco for Dr Trussler. He is patient, confident with diagnosis, & has the human- kindness touch. HE IS THE BEST

|  UNHAPPY  |  show details
Jul 4th, 2012

This young men is nice and great as a person. but not a good plastic surgeon, he performed multiple reconstructive and cosmetic procedure on my self, but i am very UNHAPPY!!!!!!!!. with my current appearance. Plus very disappoint with the staff RN's are awful not a good care at all and NOT recommended......

|  excellent experience  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2011

i was nervous before my consultation. Dr. Trussler put my mind at ease and was very warm and courteous. excellent outcome and completely satisfied. Sending my friend and daughter.

|  ALWAYS LATE  |  show details
Oct 3rd, 2011

THIS DOCTOR DOES A GOOD JOB BUT IS ALWAYS LATE. THERE IS NO EXCUSE THAT YOU WAIT AND HOUR TO AND HOUR AND A HALF. THIS NEEDS TO BE CORRECTED CONSIDERING IT'S THE PATIENT WHO MAKES HIS MONEY.

|  great experience  |  show details
Oct 2nd, 2011

warm, caring, and compassionate

Sep 29th, 2011

Dr. Trussler is amazing! His follow up and care for his patients surpassed my expectations... I can not imagine ever going to anyone else! I absolutely recommend him!!! I feel great and I am extremely satisfied with the results!

|  Awful!  |  show details
Aug 6th, 2011

Extremely long wait (almost 1.5 hours)! Then, I meet Dr. Trussler. Extremely arrogant and condescending. Definitely not a good impression. Heard several other patients complaining about him in the waiting room. I would guess that he and his staff have entered most of the other "glowing" reviews on here.

|  Beast Decision I Have Made! Great Dallas Plastic Surgeon  |  show details
Jul 7th, 2011

Referred by a friend and was totally impressed. Results are unbelievable.

|  not my cup of tea  |  show details
Jun 2nd, 2011

Was not impressed. Snobbish I felt like he thought I wasn't good enough to be his patient.

|  Review of Dr. Trussler, Plastic surgeon  |  show details
May 30th, 2011

I have seen multiple physicians though this was my first encounter with a plastic surgeon. My expectations were already made and he far surpassed them. He was friendly and courteous, but most of all he listened. Dr. Trussler did a great job with my surgery and I am already thinking about another project for him.

|  wonderful plastic surgeon, excellent result. Best in the state!  |  show details
Apr 22nd, 2011

he is wonderful. young, charismatic and confident. Spent time explaining my procedure and despite seeing a plastic surgeon in New York and Los Angeles, as well as multiple in Dallas, he was the chosen one! could not be happier and I have already signed up for another procedure.Heard in the waiting room...."He is the Golden Boy of Plastic Surgery in the Country!"

|  Beyond Compare  |  show details
by klake on Apr 10th, 2011

I find the last review to be impossible to believe! I have known this doctor for years and he takes incredible care of me, my friends I've recommended and my family. I am extremely close to this man and have been in the office several times when he has been confronted with what I would describe as a "difficult" patient, and have never heard him be rude, arrogant, or lose patience with a client. I have worked in healthcare for 30 plus years, and when patients don't feel well or are just looking for answers they can become frustrated and misunderstand what someone is saying. I suggest reviewer rethink the events of that day and see if a different conclusion cannot be reached! He is also a gifted and caring surgeon. Couldn't imagine letting another doctor near me or my family.

|  Rude  |  show details
Apr 6th, 2011

He is rude and arrogant, and almost even offensive. I think medical-school-type plastic surgeons have much higher opinions of themselves than they should. I finally went elsewhere to a private ps and was much better treated and had an excellent breast result.

|  Well worth the wait!  |  show details
Mar 16th, 2011

He came highly recommended from another physician. Supposedly, he is a genius and one of the best plastic surgeons in the country not only Dallas. He was totally friendly and down to earth. I love seeing him and he gave me the body of a 20 year old. There is a wait to get in to see him, but when you do you will know what all the hype is about!

|  Pleasant Office Terrible Wait  |  show details
Feb 20th, 2011

I have been satisfied with my cosmetic procedures but honestly am contemplating a change because of the ridiculously long wait every time I come to this office. I believe my time is just as important as yours and I wait at least an hour each and every time and have waited 1 1/2 hours before. Doctors should not overbook and then be surprised when they lose clients because of this. This is a pleasant office with nice staff.

|  Best of the Best  |  show details
Feb 14th, 2011

I feel I made a great decision in having Dr. Trussler perform my face and neck lift. His expertise and skill level were the best, he is caring and professional. His staff are a positive reflection of the standard he sets. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

|  VERY HAPPY  |  show details
Feb 6th, 2011

Dr Trussler is an amazing plastic surgeon. He 1st performed a very taxing, 11 hour emergency surgery on me and I cannot get over how amazing the results are. He is a miracle worker! I went back to Dr Trussler for breast implants and have never felt better about my body. I felt great the day after my surgery and was out and about most of the day. I no longer live in Texas and I wouldn't even think about using any other plastic surgeon. Trussler is an amazing surgeon!

|  amazing results  |  show details
Jan 30th, 2011

clearly communicated the procedure and left with confidence that he was my plastic surgeon.

|  Best in Dallas  |  show details
Jan 26th, 2011

Great experience. Referred multiple friends. Will go back for more.

Jan 8th, 2011

Felt like I was rushed and left unsure of what I wished to do.Went with one of other doctors in the practice and pleased with results.

|  take it or leave it  |  show details
Dec 26th, 2010

egotistical never went back

|  Great Surgeon!  |  show details
by Cindy Kinkaid on Aug 23rd, 2010

I am an operating room nurse and have observed my plastic surgery procedures. I chose Dr. Trussler to perform an abdominalplasty on me with excellent results. His office was very professional and the staff the same

|  Great experience  |  show details
Aug 13th, 2010

I saw Dr. Trussler in consultation on recommendation by a colleague and he is everything I had imagined and more. I went through with the recommended procedure and the surgery and post-surgery care was flawless. Very happy and want more Dr. T!

|  great. no complaints  |  show details
Jul 25th, 2010

what a great doctor and nice young man

|  NO COMPLAINTS  |  show details
Jul 18th, 2010

Best that I could have hoped for.

|  Baylor Breast Reconstruction. What a Great Doctor!  |  show details
by Dallas Breast Surgery on Jul 4th, 2010

I was sent to Dr. Trussler by another Plastic Surgeon for specialty breast microsurgery. He exceeded expectations in the time and information he gave me before my operation. The operation was complex as he built new breasts using my tummy fat but the results are awesome. He was always there and took great care of me. I have sent numerous family members already to him. He is the best!

|  not completely happy  |  show details
Jun 16th, 2010

From the start I could tell he would rather have been anywhere else but here. I am not elective plastic surgery but I was sent to this doctor and it was not very pleasant. He must only like his cash paying customers.My follow up wasn't any better.

by Wichita Falls on Jun 10th, 2010

I recently had a hysterectomy, tummy tuck and liposuction performed by my UTSW gynecologist and Dr. Trussler. I love my results! He went above and beyond what I even thought was possible. I have already sent 2 new patients and give his card out to anyone who asks how I look so good! I highly recommend Dr. Trussler.

|  Plastic Surgery God  |  show details
Jun 5th, 2010

This young man has been nothing but fantastic and professional. Very accessible and easy to talk too. Colleagues have referred to him as the best. He cares for children and adults. Big heart and a great surgeon.

|  Great Plastic Surgeon  |  show details
May 14th, 2010

I was recommended Dr. Trussler by a friend and went to see a couple other plastic surgeons. He was easy to talk to and knew exactly what I wanted. Surgery was awesome and I stayed at his overnight facility which was great. He is everything and more. Seems like he is no secret anymore because he is really busy....he always has time for me and his other patients. Highly recommend him!

May 7th, 2010

i have no problems with my surgery but the waiting time is getting ridiculous. three appointments in a row, 45 plus minutes. Why do doctors over book. And then they are in a hurry because they are behind and can't wait to get out of the room. That needs to change.

|  The best breast surgeon in Dallas  |  show details
May 2nd, 2010

He came highly recommended. He looks young but is sooooo experienced and answered every question before it was asked. My results are fantastic. Awesome, awesome, awesome!

|  Best in Dallas  |  show details
Apr 17th, 2010

Dr. Trussler is fantastic! easy to talk to, caring, and delivered results beyond what i expected. The Best!!!!!!!

|  very pleased  |  show details
Apr 4th, 2010

I have had several surgeries from Dr. Trussler, and before I left the hospital I saw him that evening, an intern the next morning, a resident a couple of hours later and he came to see me again before my release later that day. It was overkill, of the best kind!

|  Dr. T is a gift to Dallas  |  show details
Apr 3rd, 2010

Dr. Trussler is a caring and honest doctor that has obvious skill and confidence in his ability. Go see him....I did, and he was more than I could have imagined in a plastic surgeon.

|  The Best in Dallas  |  show details
Mar 12th, 2010

no doubt one of the most talented and nicest doctor i have ever met with. Did a great job with maintaining a great, unwaivering attitude. Highly recommended

|  very pleased  |  show details
Feb 21st, 2010

great guy. meant to work with children

|  Amazing!  |  show details
Jan 14th, 2010

He is great. The best, but i was looking through the comments and every 7th or 8th of the month there is a basher (either patient or likely other plastic surgeon) writing the same negative thing. That is not right! and I feel bad for this young man that someone would be so jealous. Brought it to his attention and he is having people look into it. Go see him....he is great.

|  botched job  |  show details
Jan 8th, 2010

My breasts are uneven, do not hang naturally and I am overwhelmed with disappointment,. I look worse than before the surgery.. Seeking help elsewhere

|  What a wonderful experience!  |  show details
Jan 4th, 2010

I would have to say that without doubt this young man is nicest and most caring physician i have met. I went to him because on 2 occassions I was told he was a gifted surgeon, but meeting with him was a joy and the surgery results he gave me are a dream come true. I highly recommend Dr. T!

|  Fantastic Dallas Plastic Surgeon  |  show details
by Happy patient on Dec 31st, 2009

Dr. Trussler is one of the most personnable and caring physicians I have ever met! He has taken care of my mother and myself, and has always been a great listener and treated us with compassion. I highly, highly recommend him...he is a gift to myself and my family.

|  great  |  show details
Dec 7th, 2009

he is great

|  Exceptional Experience  |  show details
Dec 6th, 2009

I see many doctors due to health issues. I researched a lot before I chose Dr. Trussler. My husband and I both find him to be superior in skill, bedside manner, compassion and he has stuck with me throughout a long, long year of health issues. I had a double mastectomy and reconstruction and I feel whole as a woman. He has done a beautiful job and has seen members of my family and friends. It is always a pleasure to visit his office and his staff goes out of their way to be kind!

|  A disappointment  |  show details
by disappointed on Dec 6th, 2009

I saw Dr. Trussler for breast reconstruction. My surgery was a Baylor Dallas. He did not see me at all after surgery. His interns saw me in the hospital and they were awful. I am very unhappy with my current appearance -- my breasts DO NOT match at all. He seems nice and all. But I think he feels he is a lot better than he really is. Im going to look elsewhere for help. Sorry to leave a bad review but I think it is best to be honest about these things.

|  The Right Stuff  |  show details
by happy on Nov 13th, 2009

Dr. T came recommmended by his peers as "one of the best young plastic surgeons I have seen". Agree that he is confident but has every reason to be because he can deliver. I love seeing him, he is fantastic!

|  Fantastic Dallas Plastic Surgeon  |  show details
by big fan on Nov 12th, 2009

Dr, Trussler is an extremely talented and compassionate plastic surgeon that has performed multiple reconstructive and cosmetic procedures on myself and family members! I felt very comfortable with him and his results are great. Highly, highly recommended!

|  not very good  |  show details
by unhappy patient on Oct 7th, 2009

this doctor did a abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) on me. the scar is awful and it looks terrible. my husband is mad and he doesn't even seem to care. my friends told me that they dont think the doctors at utsw are as good as they used to be (and they are nurses there). definitely do NOT recommend him.

|  What a jerk!  |  show details
Sep 7th, 2009

This doctor saw my at St. Paul hospital and helped reconstruct my abdomen. He never saw me after surgery and sent his interns to check on me. They couldn't answer my questions and promised me he would come see me. But he never did. When I went to see him in the office later I waited forever and then he acted like he didnt even remember me which he probably didnt. He's a jerk. Stay away!

|  Very arrogant!  |  show details
by Rose on Aug 17th, 2009

I saw this young doctor in consultation for breast reconstruction. He is VERY full of himself and was condescending, arrogant, and boastful. My surgeon recommended another plastic surgeon outside of the University of Southwestern group and I am happy. I heard another woman in the waiting room complaining about her result. Not sure since I didn't have surgery by him but I would be very careful with this guy.

|  Breast reconstruction  |  show details
Apr 18th, 2009

During my recent reconstructive surgery, have found him to be superior in compassion, knowledge, patience and a unmatched bedside manner. Felt comfortable to talk to him about anything and my husband and I both were greatly impressed with his knowledge and skill. I researched a great deal before I chose this young man and feel I absolutely made the right decision.