Andrew G Urquhart MD Patient Reviews

3.8
  • 10 reviews

March 22nd, 2016
Courteous and friendly Dr. and staff.

May 21st, 2015
Excellent at what he does! He's abrupt and cuts to the chase.... However his skills surpass if that is an issue for you.

January 24th, 2015
I want and received outstanding competence.
Dr U is a man of few words, but what he says is very important. I am recovering from left hip joint replacement (12/10/14) Had right done 9/2008. I stayed awake during the operation as part of a new approach and learned a lot!

December 23rd, 2014
Highest skills and quick wit!
Dr. Urquhart just finished replacing my left hip joint. He did my right six years ago and I simply would not go to anyone else. He is no nonsense with the highest skills. I like his sense of humor. This procedure is tough to perform and undergo so you want the best. And that is this Dr.

October 30th, 2014
hip replacement (total)
Dr.Urquhart was as good a doctor as I could hope for. He was direct and friendly at the same time. Very confident, which I like. I would recommend him to anyone. I was golfing and trout fishing in 1 (One) month. Hail to the Chief.

October 29th, 2013
Dr. Urquhardt performed a complete hip replacement surgery on me recently and did a great job. I have had no complications, have not needed extensive PT, felt that everything was explained to me thoroughly and in terms I could understand, and life returned to normal for me in a very short amount of time. That being said, I found my one-on-one time with the doctor to be somewhat frustrating as he always seems to be in a hurry to get away and can be very blunt and impersonal. He is not one to linger at your bedside, or dish out warm fuzzies. I have absolute trust in him and would have no hesitation consulting with him again if I had to. He is certainly a skilled and knowledgeable surgeon and if you insist that you need a little more time than he appears to have allocated for you does acquiesces, but it makes me feel like I'm intruding on his time.

September 6th, 2013
Awesome Hip Surgeon
If you want someone to hold your hand and coddle you this isn't the guy for you. He is a great Hip replacement surgeon I was messed up and he fixed me with no complications! Going back in soon to have the other hip done.

April 23rd, 2013
Excellent Surgeon
I've recently (2012/2013) had two partial knee replacements performed by Dr. Urquhart. He was highly recommended to me by another doctor and I found him to be extremely professional, giving me clear explanations of what was wrong and how he would fix my knees in surgery. He's a soft spoken man of few words, but he knows exactly what he's doing and how to help his patients. I finally have no knee pain and feel better than new. Thanks to Dr. Urquhart! I would highly recommend him to anyone.

August 16th, 2012
Dr. Urquhart replaced my knee and when I return to him with complications he clearly hadn't reviewed my chart. He insisted I had multiple proceedures and refused to believe he was wrong never reviewing the chart. His only solution to my complication was an amputaton. I believe he just wanted me to leave his practice because he was tired of my case. I would never want anyone to end up like me unable to walk due to a knee froze at 90degrees and his only solution is to amputate. Thank God other MDs involved in my care are reasonable and helping me find a new surgeon. University of Michigan should be ashamed to have such a man on staff.

June 9th, 2011
Dr. Urquhart was recommended to me by several people and I have recommended him to several people. He is a careful, quiet spoken doctor who wants the best for his patients. He politely explores all issues. He does not jump to judgment nor does he pressure his patients. I have never had to wait long for him, but if I had, it would be worth the wait. Dr. Urquhart is a wonderful trustworthy doctor. I highly recommend him.