Dr. Andrew Messenger DO Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Saint Johns, MI

2.3

March 14th, 2017
Show me the money
The entire office is incompetent, never get prior authorizations done in timely matter will think of every way under the sun to have you come back to get a refill . Charge a very high fee for visit ,billing office treat you like scrum . Incompetents from top to bottom.

November 26th, 2016
All about money

November 22nd, 2015
not impressed
Not impressed. He brushed off pain and wrongly diagnosed me. Don't waste your time folks. Find a different Dr .

November 18th, 2015
druggies
If you want a medication filled why shouldn't you have to come in for an appointment? Not fair for them to waste time on you callers when im sitting there at the office and have to wait because people keep calling wanting medicine. Most likely people calling are the druggies or oh im so depressed and need my psych medicine people. get a life.

September 6th, 2015
Ms
I took my daughter to see this so called "doctor" once because her regular doctor at the same practice was booked up. He was rude, condescending, incompetent and treated her very badly. I witnessed the exchange. After that I changed her to a different practice and when I got her records from this doctor, he had written all kinds of horrible things about my daughter in the notes about her "weird" nail polish (it was sparkley) how obese she was (she wasn't even overweight) and how she was trying to get drugs. Her regular doctor in the same practice had been prescribing a little pain medicine for her severe menstrual cramps. This doctor refused her a refill which is what I took her there for. By far the worse doctor we have ever been to and I wouldn't take my dead dog to him. STAY AWAy!!!!!!!!

July 27th, 2015
Ok. I work in healthcare. Doctors have 15minutes to see a patient, that's it! Patients call and make an appointment for a cold but come to the office and want 100 medications filled and want their entire body looked at, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL THE PERSON WHO SCHEDULED YOUR APPOINTMENT THIS SO THAT THE DOCTOR COULD ACTUALLY HAVE TIME TO DO THESE THINGS. Whenever this happens the "by the way while I'm here" that causes the doctor to get behind. I guarantee everyone who complains about wait times are the people who have those "by the way while I'm here" complaints. If patients were honest when they called to make their appointments then doctors wouldn't get so behind. Also when you come to see your doctor why do you have to give them your whole life story? Do you not have any friends or anyone else to talk to? The doctor is there to treat your symptoms not be your therapist or have social hour, this also causes physicians to get behind. Lastly if you are depressed/anxious GO SEE A THERAPIST!!!! YOUR DOCTOR IS NOT A THERAPIST!!!!!!

August 16th, 2013
Total agreement
I was glad to see the reviews on this doctor. My regular doctor is relocated so I saw this one. He does not want to prescribe any go the meds I have been on for years, has different story on any given day his reasoning, or lack of, I should say. This office seems to be more concerned With jam packing patients all day long and hopefully you won't need a prescription of anything because he will make you come in again. I am in search of a new doc needless to say!

May 22nd, 2013
I agree with everyone concerning this ?
I have moved and seen this guy ( Messenger ) won't call him a doctor due to the fact he is far from one. I have serious and documented health issues and even showed this to him and still down played my condition. He will not prescribe the proper meds for someone that is in need but if you need pain meds you can usually buy them from his other patients that go in and cry because there foot hurts, pathetic excuse for a guy in that position. FYI he is just like the rest of his relation just as well let you die or given the chance WILL unplug you!

May 10th, 2013
This doctor is very rude to his patients and treats them like they are beneath him. He doesn't think of the effect that he has on his patients or what could happen from his actions. As my opinion, I also believe there is much strife in the office between doctors. The only one left is Messenger and he is the only one I will not go to see for myself or my family. Every good doctor gets "let go" and never returns. I firmly believe this is because of this doctor. This office also does horrible follow up for getting a referral needed. I have waited since Christmas to get something and it's now May. Glad I am not in agonizing pain.

May 3rd, 2011
Bad bedside manner
This was my worst experience ever! I could not get in with my normal doctor so I seen Dr Messenger who is actually an MD not DO as this website says. ANyways the worst experience and his front office staff even worse.

January 10th, 2011
doctor is untrustworthy and impathetic.
I feel this doctor has a "god complex" I have a complex medical condition and have been treated for many years by a doctor who wasn't only a great compassionate doctor but was also a surgen and is highly esteem by other medical professionals. Due to relocating I have been seeing Dr.messinger who is changing my treatment plan as he felt my previous doctor was incompetent. His new treatment has caused my conditon to deteriate. I am made to feel like a drug addict,and any dialog concerning my treatment is met with stern and swift resistance. I would not reccomend this doc. to anyone for any substantial medical issues. keep shopping, Mr.X