Dr. Andrew Wakefield MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Windsor, CT

• Good
  • Bad

February 5th, 2016
Horrible doctor sent a person home that needed emergency surgery because he didn't know how to read images.. He lied right to patients face. Very incomprehensible ! Stay away !

November 8th, 2015
Good Results but the cost and introduction to the practice is misleading
PAs, are the wave of intermediate diagnosis and treatment. They are smart and well trained and usually much more thorough than the Doctors, who are somewhat hohum because they afterall are Doctors. The PA was spot on, BUT I paid to see a Doctor. The doctor gets paid more than the PA, so why did I pay full price? OH don't give me insurance pays... who pays the premiums?? I was told the PA does the work and Dr does the surgery???? Paid the same price although the Dr has many more years of training... Think it wrong. Put me with a doc and I pay doc rates and put me with a PA and I pay Pa Rates. These Docs are chasing the buck like any other profiteer and you are getting jammed////// Must say the PA was right on track and I am feeling better... Maybe PAs should have their own offices, along with Dental Hygienist and the like.

March 15th, 2015
Staff and Dr. seem genuinely interested in my symtoms, treatment, and recovery. Three years have passed and I finally feel pretty good! Thank you!

January 31st, 2015
This Office Could Not Possibly Care Less About Patients Well Being
I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Wakefield in Windsor for intense neck and upper back pain. I got pawned off on his incompetent nurse (Annette Eppler), and never even met the doctor. After wasting three months of my time, and a few thousand dollars, she told me that there was nothing wrong with me and that I should go for walks. I have since discovered via more comprehensive x-rays, and a competent professional that I have several disc issues. Do not waste your time or money in this office.

October 19th, 2014
My experience with Dr. Wakefield was amazing.
I needed another back surgery so I went to Dr. Wakefield. He spent more time with me than a normal office visit to explain in detail what my procedure ...

January 23rd, 2014
NO compassion/all about the $$$
My internist referred me to Dr Wakefield after seeing my MRI. To make an appointment was very difficult. After leaving 3 messages, Rebecca returned my call. The first question after getting my name was "insurance?" Followed by gathering all info on my husband (the primary ins holder). She then wanted the id#. I asked if we could proceed with setting appt and I would leave message with Id in that the card wasn't available and I was unable to go down 3 flights of stairs and walk in ice to the car to retrieve my purse. She refused. I told her how hard it was to get ahold if her and PLEASE couldn't we make the appt and I would call in 30 minutes with insurance info. Nope-no way. I will be asking for another referral. If an appointment "maker" is that difficult to reach, can't imagine what it would be for doctor or nurse!!!

January 10th, 2014
Attentive up until surgery
Very attentive until I didn't get well. Then I saw the nurse and PA. Dr visit scheduled and I was told he was too busy. I was told there was no reason for my pain. After pushing , more tests were ordered. Turns out there was permanent nerve damage. I could not get test results for weeks. Had to keep calling . Surgery money was paid and I was no longer a cash cow. Way down on the totem pole. Told to take some pills and escorted to the door before I could ask questions .

November 4th, 2013
Never met doctor waste of time
met with Annette twice and was referred to pain management. Waiting a week for referral to be sent so I can schedule a pain management appt. Diane promised me they would be sent still waiting. Would love to get better and back to work. They don't care about patients well being at all. She is very uninformative had to ask what everything met on MRI report. Very disgusted and still in a ton of pain. Don't waste your time.never got to see the doctor.

September 25th, 2013
This is a followup to a review posted earlier this year. I was told that I would receive reimbursement for my visits due to the poor customer service I received. This doctor was paid over $1,000 and his office billed my insurance for a doctor visit when I never even had the pleasure of meeting him. I was told that I would receive my copayments back and my insurance claims would be paid back. I have fully recovered in thanks to Yale New Haven. If I had taken the advise of a PA from this office I would be in pain management and possibly in a wheel chair.

November 15th, 2012
office staff
What a shame that such a great doctor has an office staff where 80% of them don't care about his patients at all. Getting a call back from them is like trying to call the President. Do they not understand that these patients are in terrible pain, financial distress because they can't do their jobs and just eager to get an answer to a sometimes simple question? I realize that they are busy, but don't tell us to call with questions if you don't plan on calling back.

June 7th, 2012
Missed diagnosed the patient...
Seemed to not believe that my daughter had as bad a problem as she was representing with her back pain. Did not do much more then look at her MRI and scratch his beard. Passed her on to Children's Hospital of Boston and Hartford for pain management which did nothing but waste time and prolong her pain. She was finally diagnosed correctly at Yale-New Haven and is on the road to recovery. This Doctor did not look outside the box, I wonder how many other people that had difficult cases that he missed. This guy is looking for a pitch down the middle every time, cannot find the problem if he actually has to do a little due diligence...Would not recommend...

March 20th, 2012
Is the PA an acting doctor?
If I could have seen doctor instead of PA rating might have been different. Spent over a year there with no help. PA ran the shop. Haved moved on to a better doctor.