A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Andrew Wechsler:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Andrew Wechsler is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Andrew Wechsler, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 18 areas:
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Disease
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Heart Transplantation
- Mitral Valve Insufficiency
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Myocardial Infarction
- Myocardial Stunning
- Thymus Gland Removal (Thymectomy)
Education & Awards
Dr. Wechsler graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn. He has 9 awards.
Dr. Wechsler has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Mercy Hospital of Philadelphia
- Taylor Hospital - Crozer Chester
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Andrew S. Wechsler practice?
Dr. Andrew Wechsler practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Philadelphia, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Chester, PA and Richmond, VA.
See Philadelphia Surgeons and Philadelphia Cardiothoracic Surgeons.