A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Andrew Wechsler:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Andrew Wechsler is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Wechsler
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Wechsler Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Andrew Wechsler, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 18 areas:
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Disease
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Heart Transplantation
- Mitral Valve Insufficiency
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Myocardial Infarction
- Myocardial Stunning
- Thymus Gland Removal (Thymectomy)
Education & Awards
Dr. Wechsler graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn. He has 9 awards.
Dr. Wechsler has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Crozer-Chester Medical Center
- Mercy Hospital of Philadelphia
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Andrew S Wechsler MD is a male Surgeon, has 47 years of experience and practices in Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Andrew S. Wechsler practice?
- Dr. Andrew Wechsler has 1 office location.
Dr. Andrew Wechsler practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Philadelphia, PA.
See Philadelphia Surgeons.